Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Posted by: FunxionalJunkie ()
Date: May 31, 2015 14:40

Hey, just be thankful that they didn't bring Kid Rock back out for a cameo.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: May 31, 2015 14:51

FunxionalJunkie
Hey, just be thankful that they didn't bring Kid Rock back out for a cameo.

On this we can all agree!!!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:00

Heart for Stones

Thanks and it is in 4K (2160p)
How can it be dowloaded in that quality ?

If you're familiar with Command-line Tools, then you could use youtube-dl with the parameter '-f 266'.

The 4K-version of PIB [790.65 MB] is Video-only. Highest resolution with Audio is 1280x720 - maybe you can merge the Audio track from this one with another Tool into the 4K-Video.

Btw, with 'youtube-dl' you can also download e.g. the 'Wild Horses' acoustic Video from Vevo: youtube-dl '[www.vevo.com]; or the 'Bitch' extended version: youtube-dl '[www.vevo.com]; .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 16:00 by Irix.

Date: May 31, 2015 15:02

Nikkei
Brokecollegestudent, wishing great night for you guys! Care to post us a picture?

I attempted to post one but apparently my drunken, excited braincouldn't figure it out while I was trying to dance haha, I'll post one today I promise!

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:04

brokecollegestudent
Nikkei
Brokecollegestudent, wishing great night for you guys! Care to post us a picture?

I attempted to post one but apparently my drunken, excited braincouldn't figure it out while I was trying to dance haha, I'll post one today I promise!

Oh No. You must do it now or you will be lynched.

GET HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:07

I don't get the setlist whining for Columbus... They did HANG ON SLOOPY for the last time in march 29, 1966!!!

This is from www.nzentgraf.de:660329D
29th March: Paris, France, L'Olympia (2nd show)
(The Last Time/Mercy Mercy/She Said Yeah/Play With Fire/Not Fade
Away/The Spider And The Fly/Time Is On My Side/19th Nervous Breakdown/
Hang On Sloopy Themespinning smiley sticking its tongue out/Get Off Of My Cloud/I'm Alright/Satisfaction)

Date: May 31, 2015 15:09

onlystones
brokecollegestudent
Nikkei

*GET HER!!!!!!!

Anyone care to help out and tell me how to post photos from my phone? I have a few great ones I'd like to share.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 15:14 by brokecollegestudent.

Date: May 31, 2015 15:16

Woah I really can't figure it out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 15:18 by brokecollegestudent.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:18

Love the Gimme Shelter intro! They played it almost like the studio Version!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:24

brokecollegestudent
onlystones
brokecollegestudent
Nikkei

*GET HER!!!!!!!

Anyone care to help out and tell me how to post photos from my phone? I have a few great ones I'd like to share.

You have to upload your photos to a site like Photobucket and then use the address/location of your photos on photobucket to post them here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 15:25 by EddieByword.

Posted by: fender99 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:27

Looks like a heck of a crowd. Was there on Babylon tour. Looking forward to Puttsburgh. Wonder what songs that grey Tele was used on?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:27

You need to get the pictures onto one of the image-hosting sites (I use Photobucket but there are others). Sign up for an account (free) and upload the picture from your phone. Then you need to post the picture here thus:

[i m g]url of the photobucket picture[/i m g] (no spaces in the actual img but the demo doesn't show up without them.)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:29

andrewt
Brstonesfan
This is the modern day Stones..solid, fun, family entertainment . We are just use to the old,decadent, sleazy Stones and have not evolved with the band...

Well said.

It's kinda like Times Square. In my mind's eye I still picture it the way it was 35 years ago, but if I were to go there today I would be appalled by the wholesomeness.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:30

3:31 of YCAGWYW: upright video but decent sound:

Date: May 31, 2015 15:34

brokecollegestudent
Woah I really can't figure it out

You are lying. Post them now!!!!!!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:36

@brokecollegestudent - easiest no hassle (no need for an account) way to post pics, just upload them to [www.imagilive.com] choose the settings you want (resize, etc...) and then copy the result here between [_img_]xyz.jpg[/_img_] removing the _'s

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:43

onlystones
I only have one question... Why aren't you all in church?

...I thought this was...

Date: May 31, 2015 15:43

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:46

tauk
Blue Boy
I certainly hope te set list for Dallas will be different. I was deeply disappointed with this set list. For what I'm paying to take the wife and two pre-teens this is not worth the expense nor my while.

Where is Moonlight Mile?

I ha a nagging sensation that Dallas will get Dead Flowers and Bitch. I've seen them do those two too many times. I'm going because of Moonlight Mile, Sway, Cyhmk, you gotta Move.

Years ago this forum entertained an Interesting debate on whether the Stones were going to become a Vegas act. I believe that based on tonight's performance the Stones are a Vegas touring show.

Come on boys! Give us some satisfaction and bot this stake set list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I'm curious, what do you think a "Vegas Act" or a "Vegas Touring show"is? That makes no sense in so many ways it is hard for me to know where to start here.

. . . .

Or, if they bore you why don't you just find a new group to follow? And Blue Boy, when I say "you" I really mean the "collective you" to include all you folks who are genuinely distressed about the repetitive nature of what The Stones play in concert.

Live is too short-it flies by-to stay stuck on something that no longer satisfies.

You're point about the Vegas Act phrase is well taken . . . it has crept into the language, like "I could care less" or "drink the kool-aid" and is used where it makes no sense, like as to the Stones.

But you know what people mean when they use that phrase. They wish that "their" band put together their tours and setlists more like say Springsteen . . . a great catalog from which he mixes it up every night. Why does that bother you? Why do you tell them to go away? Why does that make them unworthy fans?

If your answer is the complaints get boring because it has been obvious for many years that this is what they do and it is not going to change, I get that. But the Stones encouraged this by intimating that this tour was somehow connected with the SF release and that that would be reflected in the setlists -- beyond simply that the two wild card slots early in the set will be filled by Bitch, Wild Horses, Dead Flowers or maybe CYHMK. So some people that expected different are disappointed. It should not bother you or affect your enjoyment, should it?

Date: May 31, 2015 15:47

brokecollegestudent

you still are not doing what we demand of you.

Do it properly NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: May 31, 2015 15:49

onlystones
brokecollegestudent

you still are not doing what we demand of you.

Do it properly NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha I'm trying!!!

Date: May 31, 2015 15:54

I swear they are going to get you if you don't do it soon.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:55

brokecollegestudent

A few too many intros is all

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:57

Broke dear, if you chose "quote this message" for my post, you can see how I did that and use it as a model for future photoposting.
And what about the Young Keith and Mick shirt you made - can we see that?

Date: May 31, 2015 15:58

Finally, I think you are safe now. Don't do it again.

I am glad you were able to have a great Stones experience.

I wish I was in college again. It was a blast. Enjoy every minute of it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2015 15:59

Cute pics, thanks to withsssoul for getting them here.

Use photobucket Broke, if I can figure it out, anyone can. Create an account, then upload your pics from either a computer or Facebook. If your pics are on your phone, it's a little tricker, but their website has a help section that walks you through everything. Once you have the pics on photobucket, you just go to the right hand side and click image, then paste it here. You can do it! smiling smiley

When I go to shows I notice all the dudes like those in the background of that photo and think Boy, this crowd is sure old and then I realize that I fit right in. They sure look ready for Party Time. When i first started to going to Stones concerts you had to keep track of which of your neighbors was likely to vomit on your feet first.

Was a great night... I was pretty happy with the setlist and felt very lucky to be there (despite ending up covered in beer) We're from Cleveland so it was really great that Mick acknowledged all of us: "Is anybody here from CLEEEEEVEEEELANNNND?!"

Date: May 31, 2015 16:01

OS - I'm kicking myself for not playing along . . . you should have sent me a PVT Email, but i should have played along anyway.

By the way, I learned of the belly up locale through a post by debbie tiger on a different site. I was shocked that the info was not on IORR also when I posted it.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 31, 2015 16:02

Rokyfan
When I go to shows I notice all the dudes like those in the background of that photo and think Boy, this crowd is sure old and then I realize that I fit right in. They sure look ready for Party Time. When i first started to going to Stones concerts you had to keep track of which of your neighbors was likely to vomit on your feet first.

Or the back of your head..........

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2194
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home