Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 33
Re: Columbus OH USA 30-May-2015 Rolling Stones live show updates
Date: May 30, 2015 23:46

WHy does the poster for CMH show the RnR HOF which is in Cleveland? They could have had an awesome RS Blimp for goodyear or something like that...what dopes!

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:47

Delete

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 00:00 by catchinem.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:51

atip
Dude, you're going to be standing the entire show anyhow, so WGaF?

Yeah but the chair kind of defines your allowed area to stand. Surprisingly some people did take their seats during MM and others periodically sat down when the need struck them. No disrespect but it wasn't exactly what I would call a young and fit crowd up front in Petco Park. Besides when you pay hundreds of dollars (or more) for a seat I think you just want to keep it close like a teddy bear, purely for psychological reasons.

The thought of that group running to the front of the floor for good spots in a GA show just doesn't compute. Somewhat ironically, "well behaved" is an adjective I'd use to describe the average Stones fan these days.

The real question is will Kid Rock be able to make 'em stand up tonight? grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:53

UndercoverLovingcup
KeithFnRichards
Had a lot to do with The Who show in Cincinnati in 1980, I think. A lot of people got killed after being trampled on at a general admission show.

That do not even make sense. The WHO deaths happened ENTERING the show...had nothing to do with the seating con fig...it was like a meat grinder...too many in too tight a space...

There are still MANY GA shows...all the time...Indy is a GA show...all the "fests" and "paloozas" mare GA...

Correct. The show to which you refer was a seated show. It was poor crowd control outside the venue that was the issue. It was seats all across the floor on a first come first served basis and the crowd forced entry during the soundcheck, mistaking it for showtime.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:53

The full band left the hotel about 1/2 hour ago just as I was checking in. I image sound check time.

Posted by: Powerage5 ()
Date: May 30, 2015 23:55

Picked up our LD's, basically lower bowl in the opposite end zone. Could be better, could be worse.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:00

We all know the seats is money driven.

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:02

wonder who'll dot the i tonight?

Date: May 31, 2015 00:02

grzegorz67
UndercoverLovingcup
KeithFnRichards
Had a lot to do with The Who show in Cincinnati in 1980, I think. A lot of people got killed after being trampled on at a general admission show.

That do not even make sense. The WHO deaths happened ENTERING the show...had nothing to do with the seating con fig...it was like a meat grinder...too many in too tight a space...

There are still MANY GA shows...all the time...Indy is a GA show...all the "fests" and "paloozas" mare GA...

Correct. The show to which you refer was a seated show. It was poor crowd control outside the venue that was the issue. It was seats all across the floor on a first come first served basis and the crowd forced entry during the soundcheck, mistaking it for showtime.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

It doesn't have to make sense or be factual when the lawyers get involved. winking smiley No doubt The Who show had an impact on concert production and planning.

General Admission shows are usually for a younger audience. The older (and richer) the target audience, the more likely it is guaranteed to be an assigned seating affair, imo.

peace

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:11

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:24

Soundcheck: bitch

Lucky dip: A-deck, section 5 opposite the stage.

Posted by: KeithFnRichards ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:38

weinerdog

It makes perfect sense. The crowding/stampede happened because it was a GA floor. Reserved seating and the mass of humanity isn't there in the first place.

Thanks weinerdog, I thought it made perfect sense too.

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:40

Rain and wind kicked up during sound check. Was standing just outside sec 21 I think. Security let about ten of us inside to keep dry. Stones did about 30 sec of Hang on Sloopy. Good advice.. Put poncho on BEFORE wind kicks up!

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:42

This is how a GA floor show should be like, as it was for AC/DC at Barcelona last night.

Nearest thing to this at a Stones gig I seen was Madrid, just under a year ago.

Fantastic gig.

AC/DC Barcelona

Fantastic gig.
Rolling Stones Madrid

Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: May 31, 2015 00:55

Enjoy the show smileys with beer

---------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Date: May 31, 2015 00:56

I'm expecting to hear about some on-site instant upgrades tonight! Look for a lady with a stack of tickets in her hand wandering around scoping out the arrivals. There is no way they are going to let the hundreds of unsold seats near the stage go empty.

Good luck guys! Whoo Hoo!

peace

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:03

Have a great show, everyone! Hope the rain and wind hold off - and that you get Heartbreaker,,,

Just as I was writing that, Mick tweeted a photo saying it was gonna rain during the soundcheck. The skies do look as if they're threatening rain sad smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:10

I'm in Spain and had a thunderstorm few hours ago which made electrics go off for a couple of hours and flash floods with about an inch of rain.

Sun came out soon after.

Funny old thing ,this weather malarkey ! winking smiley

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:19

Seeing his pic on twitter concerns me for my show in Nashville. You can see the tents on each side in the back floor section. While I'm not sure, I wonder if my seats in section H will have a blocked view? The ticket doesn't say obstructed though but still. Row 18 if anyone has any idea about this. Thanks If anyone on the floor tonight can scope out that area I'd appreciate it. Of course the setup may be different from other shows too, but should be similar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-31 01:30 by tumblingdice.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:28

Selene Phoenix has some updates on Periscope

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:32

Weather here is hot......storms coming and going.....storm cut sound check early.....but we did hear let's spend the night together and b***h.....hope weather holds off but I doubt it

Posted by: MikefromATX ()

I know its been discussed already, but that stage is pathetically underwhelming. At least with the ABB/ Licks/ B2B/ VL tours there was a visual spectacle and state of the art staging to go with the high ticket prices. This year, not so much. Bargain basement production.

That said, here's hoping everyone has a blast tonight! Hoping Dead Flowers and Sister Morphine show up!

Posted by: Nikkei ()

This really doesn't bode too well...

[twitter.com]

Ronnie & Charlie inside again

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:45

tumblingdice
Seeing his pic on twitter concerns me for my show in Nashville. You can see the tents on each side in the back floor section. While I'm not sure, I wonder if my seats in section H will have a blocked view? The ticket doesn't say obstructed though but still. Row 18 if anyone has any idea about this. Thanks If anyone on the floor tonight can scope out that area I'd appreciate it. Of course the setup may be different from other shows too, but should be similar.

No idea - but I do know someone who got upgraded to the pit at the O2 after complaining to them about the view from his allocated seat, so you might want to bear that in mind!

Date: May 31, 2015 01:45

Charlotte's variable tattoo is back:

[twitter.com]

and for those of you who don't wanna hear Kid Rock: They have "Doors" on the schedule as well!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:49

Raining again

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:52

Jordan

There is a different between standing smashed against the people around you, and having space to breathe and sit if you need a rest. I'm 18 and I wouldn't even want to stand through an entire show, If I have seats, I'm sitting for the most part. I can enjoy music just as much sitting down as I can standing up.

I can't, I hate sitting during a rock and roll show. It's a physical experience for me, as well as a musical experience. I got to move! The Stones shows are the only seated shows I've been to in years, not that I was actually doing any sitting, but I hate that set-up.

Anyway, I hope Columbus is an amazing experience for you all, that you stay dry, and that nobody gets electrocuted! (Wishing the same for the rest of the tour, too.)

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 31, 2015 01:52

Beast
tumblingdice

No idea - but I do know someone who got upgraded to the pit at the O2 after complaining to them about the view from his allocated seat, so you might want to bear that in mind!
Thanks, I will remember that!

Date: May 31, 2015 02:00

It's a proper stadium without a home base, still there are large seatless areas in the back.
Did the promoter adjust the number of seats to the sales or is this usual?

[twitter.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: May 31, 2015 02:15

Okay most of you say it's about money, but I don't really understand. Wouldn't it bring more money to have a sold-out show with 150$ Tickets, people standing close to each other and the whole stadium would be full?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home