Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Petition against Kid Rock opening for the Stones
Posted by: MRJIMMMY ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:02

More Hot Rocks
What a piece of white trash he is. Scum to to music and the USA

hmm , he goes overseas to see OUR troops . he honors OUR troops at his concerts. he also has a foundation to help people in the Detroit area. we need more "white trash" like him and less ignorant morons like you. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 03:07 by MRJIMMMY.

Posted by: relms ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:22

So how is the petition coming along?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:23

EddieByword
The thing is, petitions are banned on here, I sympathise but reckon your thread will last longer if you titled it "OT - Do you know kidrock, who's opening for the Stones - kills innocent animals for no good reason?............or something like that

Plus.......this is all I got from your link..."

This page was not found on YouSignAnimals.org:
/Stop-Kid-Rock-from-opening-for-the-Rolling-Stones-new-tour-t-2908"

Strange because the link is still working for me...

[www.yousignanimals.org]

Date: June 9, 2015 03:29

keefriffhard4life
Naturalust
keefriffhard4life
people act like you can go out and kill anything and its ok. if kid rock killed that large cat in the wild that means the state gave him a license to kill it because there are too many in the wild and its throwing off the balance of the other wildlife in the ecosystem. if he did kill this in the wild without a license then he'd be in jail by now

Yeah but do ya think it was a fair fight? winking smiley

As someone who has spent considerable time protecting wild cats around the world all I can say is there will probably be a time in the not too distant future where there won't be any left. They are pretty awesome animals and killing the biggest and best trophy cats is not exactly the best strategy to balance the ecosystem. I could go deep on the subject and as a hunter have a pretty balanced view on it but this is not the place to do it. Check these guys out for some of the best info, photos and education available, imho.

[www.felidaefund.org]

peace

hunting is never a fair fight but if the state gave him a license for that he is not at fault. are we sure its not a caged hunt though?

It may have been a "caged" or "canned" hunt where the animals have fences around them and are not allowed to get away.

Regardless, he "chooses" to hunt and therefore it is his "fault". Plus, whatever type of cat that is, it is not overpopulated -- certainly there are not a lot of big cats in the US and that species doesn't even look like anything that is native to the US.

Further, many state Depts. of Natural Resources artificially inflate deer populations by cutting "edge" into forests to give deer more access to food. This way, they can cry "overpopulation!" and sell more hunting licenses. (thank you Naturalust)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-09 03:42 by little queenie.

Date: June 9, 2015 03:35

sdstonesguy
This thread really is human beings in a nutshell. Someone starts a thread saying let's not have a person who kills animals for fun be a Stones opener (which frankly Queenie, you had to know would go nowhere here & would end up as it did). The thread then goes on to something about how liberals are horrible people...blah blah blah. Tribalism is everything these days.

Queenie...had this been about Gary Glitter there would be the same people defending child rape b/c stopping it would be a liberal issue or something. Look at global warming...somehow cleaner air is a liberal issue...but only b/c of tribalism. It doesn't matter the issue...it is always like this and likely will remain this way. Morality is just what some politician tells you it is. If you're a liberal & your side's leaders tell you feeding the poor is moral, then you will believe it. If you are conservative & your side's leader tells you feeding the poor is evil b/c it makes those lazy jerks even lazier...you'll believe that too.

True, SDSG, but we gotta try....obviously Kid Rock wasn't going to be pulled last minute but to not try to change things for the better, in the face of adversity, is as bad as apathy itself!

Date: June 9, 2015 03:37

[email protected]
This thread makes want to scream! If I petitioned against every artist/musician/person I disagreed with it would be a very lonely world. Some of you need to get a thick skin and move on. Jeez!

It's not that people who care have "thin skin" or are not tough -- we are tough enough to actually speak out about things that matter and weather the ridicule of others...that takes guts!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:48

little queenie
[email protected]
This thread makes want to scream! If I petitioned against every artist/musician/person I disagreed with it would be a very lonely world. Some of you need to get a thick skin and move on. Jeez!

It's not that people who care have "thin skin" or are not tough -- we are tough enough to actually speak out about things that matter and weather the ridicule of others...that takes guts!

True enough.

Opinions expressed such as this may have been the reason he is the only guest so far that has not been invited to join with the band onstage.. thankfully.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 9, 2015 03:56

little queenie
sdstonesguy
This thread really is human beings in a nutshell. Someone starts a thread saying let's not have a person who kills animals for fun be a Stones opener (which frankly Queenie, you had to know would go nowhere here & would end up as it did). The thread then goes on to something about how liberals are horrible people...blah blah blah. Tribalism is everything these days.

Queenie...had this been about Gary Glitter there would be the same people defending child rape b/c stopping it would be a liberal issue or something. Look at global warming...somehow cleaner air is a liberal issue...but only b/c of tribalism. It doesn't matter the issue...it is always like this and likely will remain this way. Morality is just what some politician tells you it is. If you're a liberal & your side's leaders tell you feeding the poor is moral, then you will believe it. If you are conservative & your side's leader tells you feeding the poor is evil b/c it makes those lazy jerks even lazier...you'll believe that too.

True, SDSG, but we gotta try....obviously Kid Rock wasn't going to be pulled last minute but to not try to change things for the better, in the face of adversity, is as bad as apathy itself!

If we actually cared, we'd spend our money on making the world a better place and not on Stones tickets...and that's a fact. In the end...none of us really give a damn, we only pretend to (well, not those who claim pollution is not real or killing for fun is to be honored).

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:03

Did i mention Kid rock is scum?

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:04

More Hot Rocks

Did mention that too? If I meet you MHR ill buy you a beer.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:08

little queenie
keefriffhard4life
Naturalust
keefriffhard4life
people act like you can go out and kill anything and its ok. if kid rock killed that large cat in the wild that means the state gave him a license to kill it because there are too many in the wild and its throwing off the balance of the other wildlife in the ecosystem. if he did kill this in the wild without a license then he'd be in jail by now

Yeah but do ya think it was a fair fight? winking smiley

As someone who has spent considerable time protecting wild cats around the world all I can say is there will probably be a time in the not too distant future where there won't be any left. They are pretty awesome animals and killing the biggest and best trophy cats is not exactly the best strategy to balance the ecosystem. I could go deep on the subject and as a hunter have a pretty balanced view on it but this is not the place to do it. Check these guys out for some of the best info, photos and education available, imho.

[www.felidaefund.org]

peace

hunting is never a fair fight but if the state gave him a license for that he is not at fault. are we sure its not a caged hunt though?

It may have been a "caged" or "canned" hunt where the animals have fences around them and are not allowed to get away.

Regardless, he "chooses" to hunt and therefore it is his "fault". Plus, whatever type of cat that is, it is not overpopulated -- certainly there are not a lot of big cats in the US and that species doesn't even look like anything that is native to the US.

Further, many state Depts. of Natural Resources artificially inflate deer populations by cutting "edge" into forests to give deer more access to food. This way, they can cry "overpopulation!" and sell more hunting licenses. (thank you Naturalust)

Just to sneak another tiny tidbit in here...Even in 2015, wild cat populations are really tough to measure. It's getting easier with all the remote sensing cameras but these cats are friggin' magical in their ability to be stealthy and avoid detection. One of the many names for a cougar is "shadow cat". [insert MT joke here] In fact I'd bet very few people posting here have ever seen a wild cat in the wild...

peace

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: June 9, 2015 04:20

If it were just the hunting...
This guy is only one or two steps behind his batsh t crazy buddy, Ted.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:18

More Hot Rocks

Go away...FARRRRR away

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: June 12, 2015 00:53

If you can put aside all the crazy political shit Nuge says, the guy kills every piece of meat he eats. So I would still put him above the average dipshit(myself included) who buys factory farmed beef and poultry from the grocery store.

Date: June 12, 2015 00:57

And honestly I don't give a shit...Kid Rock and Ted Nugent both rock.

You don't hear conservatives bashing Springsteen, they go to his concerts and rock just the same, regardless of political views. I am still confused why liberals find the need to bash guys like Kid Rock, Nuge, Hank Jr, etc. just for their different views and practices.

If anyone cares where I stand(which I doubt)...I am a fiscal conservative, social liberal, and I like very loud electric guitars.

Cheers.

Posted by: JTHanis ()
Date: June 12, 2015 04:55

erbissell

You don't hear conservatives bashing Springsteen, they go to his concerts and rock just the same, regardless of political views. I am still confused why liberals find the need to bash guys like Kid Rock, Nuge, Hank Jr, etc. just for their different views and practices.

If anyone cares where I stand(which I doubt)...I am a fiscal conservative, social liberal, and I like very loud electric guitars.

Cheers.

I don't agree with your generalization: both liberals and conservatives can have big mouths. Many times on Bsckstreets, a Bruce forum, people have complained about his beliefs and politics.

Date: June 12, 2015 05:23

Stones50
More Hot Rocks

Go away...FARRRRR away

Did I mention he's scum?

Date: June 12, 2015 05:24

MRJIMMMY
More Hot Rocks

hmm , he goes overseas to see OUR troops . he honors OUR troops at his concerts. he also has a foundation to help people in the Detroit area. we need more "white trash" like him and less ignorant morons like you. smileys with beer

He's buddys with Ted Nugent. They guy that crapped his pants to avoid the draft.

Posted by: mickjackett ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:30

erbissell

Cheers.

I couldn't care less what Kid Rock's political beliefs are, even we agreed on every single point.

What I don't like about him is his complete and total lack of any musical talent. He is the worst. He is the Kardashians of the rock world: if you had told me when he started that he'd still be around this long, I would have said there was no chance. When will he just go away?!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 12, 2015 05:47

erbissell
If you can put aside all the crazy political shit Nuge says, the guy kills every piece of meat he eats. So I would still put him above the average dipshit(myself included) who buys factory farmed beef and poultry from the grocery store.

Yeah but does he eat every piece of meat he kills? Doubt he or Mr. Rock ate that cougar. Trophy hunting is just so....20th century.

peace

Date: June 12, 2015 06:36

mickjackett
erbissell

Cheers.

I couldn't care less what Kid Rock's political beliefs are, even we agreed on every single point.

What I don't like about him is his complete and total lack of any musical talent. He is the worst. He is the Kardashians of the rock world: if you had told me when he started that he'd still be around this long, I would have said there was no chance. When will he just go away?!

I agree. Well said.

Date: June 12, 2015 06:44

RockinJive
MRJIMMMY
More Hot Rocks

He's buddys with Ted Nugent. They guy that crapped his pants to avoid the draft.

ted nugent never did that. he made up that story to a magazine as a goof. his student deferment can be googled and it was confirmed he was enrolled in classes at the college during that timeframe

Date: June 12, 2015 16:35

I did look it up. It all points to him being a draft dodger. Another piece of scum.

[www.thesmokinggun.com]

Date: June 12, 2015 17:15

mickjackett
erbissell

Cheers.

Long as it's about the music then I respect your opinion.
I just don't get why people are calling him scum.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 12, 2015 17:18

RockinJive
I did look it up. It all points to him being a draft dodger. Another piece of scum.

[www.thesmokinggun.com]

They are 'pieces of scum" only because their values are conservative. Someone earlier pointed it out but isn't it wonderful how TOLERANT liberals are!

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 12, 2015 18:29

What the @#$%& is wrong with some of you?

If you don't like his music, that's fine.
But why personally attack this guy? Grow up.
He has quietly proven, time and time again, that he's a top-notch human.

Kid Rock Recap from VH1 - Read it if you dare

Date: June 12, 2015 18:30

Oh and there's this:

Date: June 12, 2015 18:32

Kid Rock Foundation's MISSION STATEMENT:

I can't stop the war, shelter homeless, feed the poor.
I can't walk on water. Can't save your sons and daughters. I can't change the world to make things fair. This is the least that I can do.
The Kid Rock Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit raising funds for and awareness of local and regional charities helping disadvantaged children, victims of war and natural disasters, and those suffering from illness.

Date: June 12, 2015 18:42

A few years ago, the Detroit Symphony Orchestra was in financial difficulties.
Then this happened...

Kid Rock Fundraiser Reaches Million Dollar Goal

Date: June 12, 2015 18:45

Oh, and regarding the Music Lab inside the Detroit Historical Museum...

KID ROCK PAID FOR THAT TOO! - CLICK TO READ IF YOU DARE

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1276
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home