Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger com is a funny place
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: July 23, 2005 14:09

Are here any memebrs of MJ com.? I had a look in the past days and it´s full with houswifes and girlies saying "Oh, Micky looks good in a red shirt", or in blue or whatever color" and everything is good and wonderful and fantastic and they never recorded a bad song and so on. No critic at all. I think most of those people there have no clue about the Stones.

Poor Mick ;o)

Re: Mick Jagger com is a funny place
Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: July 23, 2005 15:52

Yes MJCom IS a funny place.......but nobody's laughing........

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 23, 2005 15:54

Jagger has never gotten much deserved credit as a plain musician. You go to Keith's website and everyone is talking about guitars, chord changes, how yunes were recorded, warstories etc. But Jagger has always been a personality, a sexual personlaity mainly. Now since he is 62 years old the only women who are going to worship him are either weird women or girls who have dug him all along. In tunr they have to also be at least 50. And with all due respect to my older sisters, but what are these women gojng to rap about on the Net? Clothes and photo albums. Shopping maybe...

Date: July 23, 2005 15:56

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jagger has never gotten much deserved credit as a
> plain musician. You go to Keith's website and
> everyone is talking about guitars, chord changes,
> how yunes were recorded, warstories etc. But
> Jagger has always been a personality, a sexual
> personlaity mainly. Now since he is 62 years old
> the only women who are going to worship him are
> either weird women or girls who have dug him all
> along. In tunr they have to also be at least 50.
> And with all due respect to my older sisters, but
> what are these women gojng to rap about on the
> Net? Clothes and photo albums. Shopping maybe...

..yes they should all be 50, but I know some girls who vist MJCom are 16 or 17 and upwards!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 23, 2005 16:16

"..yes they should all be 50, but I know some girls who vist MJCom are 16 or 17 and upwards!!"

I suppose mr. Jagger himself will not complain about that smiling smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 23, 2005 16:17

Sounds like a good place for Debra... She's used to go peeing in the Keith section. She prefers Streets of shit to Before they make me run, because Mick is still the sexiest man in the world. Poor debra, she must be living in the geriatric department:-)

mj.com is the place to be, Debra!

Date: July 23, 2005 16:18

Doxa Wrote:
> "..yes they should all be 50, but I know some
> girls who vist MJCom are 16 or 17 and upwards!!"
>
> I suppose mr. Jagger himself will not complain
> about that
>
> - Doxa
>

smiling smileywinking smiley

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 23, 2005 16:40

Mick has always kept some jelly-roll in the cupboard.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: addict ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:02

As a Stones site it's got little to nothing, but as a circus act mj.com has it all!

------------------------------------
He waited several hours for death to come.
Death was late.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:21

MICA, MY POOR PATHETIC FOOL, GROW UP! Get your head out of your arse and realize that some of us that just happen to be female DO understand music, guitars,leads, even play a mean slide, LIKE ME! And as foryour Chelsea, I'm surprised that you're acting like a dork! Get a grip and try to understand that alot of my postings are for fun and lots of it is done to bait fools like you! I don't walk around singing Jagger lyrics and fanning myself every time someone mentions his name! I think alot of your "men" are simply jealous of Mick and really hate to see attractive women at the shows drooling over Jagger! It must burn your asses!! At 62 he is a remarkable speciman and most of you are fat, have no hair and couldn't turn a head if you tried! Too bad you have to post nasty remarks in order to feel good about yourselves!

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:39

I'm impressed *LOL*

Posted by: sweet thang ()
Date: July 24, 2005 12:33

Since I'm too late to post this under BLOOD ON THE BOARD, I'll try to get my message in here.

To most of the males here, let me quote the great Mose Allison, "Your mind is on vacation, but your mouth is working overtime."

Now before you get all upset I'll try to explain to you how it's different for a girl.

Sex & rock n' roll go hand in hand. I'm old enough to remember the British Invasion and before these groups hit, what was there? On the charts we had Four Seasons, Dion, Beach Boys and other crap. Motown was great, but basically it was pretty slim pickings back then. Besides Motown, the majority of kids at my school were into Chuck Berry and we had a dance party in the school gym to celebrate him getting out of prison....but I digress.

Okay, so me and my friends would buy all the teenybopper magazines and sneak them into school to read in study hall. We saw pictures of the bands before we ever heard any of their records. Bands like the Who, Kinks, Yardbirds, we knew we liked them just by looking at their pictures. Let's face it, when you're going to school everyday and sitting across from the same nerdy looking guy year after year.....well, you get the picture.

The fact is, when these bands first toured America, the majority of the audience was girls. When I first saw the Stones there were only about 500 in attendance and you could count the number of boys on maybe two hands and a foot. Everyone bought the cheap 3.50 tickets and when the Stones came on all ran down to the front 5.50 seats. Got up on the seats and just screamed their lungs out. About four guys bought tickets just to get in front of Keith and try to spit on him. And Keith spit back! Yeah Keith!

It wasn't until Satisfaction guys started showing up at the concerts and ruining the fun for us girls. It was almost like coming out of the closet for guys to admit they liked the British bands. Now what we have here are great musicians who also qualify as being sex objects. It was more acceptable for females to be thought of as sex objects, but males are uncomfortable in this role. (yet they gladly reap the benefits)

My point here is that as musicians/artists, the Stones have stood the test of time. As sex objects....well, I don't know but what other rock n' rollers do we have to compare them to at their age? Elvis is dead. That guy that sang SummerTime Blues, what's his name? He's dead too. Keith is suffering from years of self abuse, but still I'd rather go for him than my next door neighbor. Yeah, they still got it for me. Mick stays in such great shape cause he's got the best band to dance to. If this were to be their last tour, I wish they'd call it Jukebox and just play all our requests.

Also, look at the fact that bands that had hits on the basis of their sex appeal with no real talent to back them up have now faded away. That guy who sang with Manfred Mann, Paul Jones, was hot shit in the UK back then but gone gone gone now. There's lots of others like him.

For those of you who are only in it for the music, I wish you'd all sit in the balcony and let us (old) ladies have the front seats.

You know her life was saved by rock & roll, yeah ROCK & ROLL

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 28, 2005 15:09

Great post, sweet thang! Interesting historical perspective and I think it speaks to my point that some of the guys here NEVER think outside of the box, never entertain the thought that some of us ladies have EVOLVED! Sure, the girls screamed at the Rolling Stones and the guys were either NOT THERE or few in number, until the 70's when the audiences were about 50% female, 50% male and guitar heros were the thing. Guys picked up guitars( I did too) and tried to play like them. I never came CLOSE in that department but I still make noise and have fun. I wasn't trying to push the guys out of here but I do push back when I think I am viewed, as you illustrated, as just a screaming chick with no cares about the MUSIC. I am not going to belabor the point, I think I have explained enough of my position but I enjoyed your post and thought I'd tell you!

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: July 28, 2005 15:58

Good post ST. And this comes from a hard-headed male who happens to understand humility. I will say that you touched on some interesting perspectives relative to timing (when the Stones, Beatles, Who, etc hit the music scene) and how the influx of this newer music really hit things in stride which IMO was as equally significant as the groundbreaking impact this newer music (Stones, Beatles, Who, etc.) had on our society at the time.

By all means, please help yourself to the front row!!

Date: July 28, 2005 16:04

> "..yes they should all be 50, but I know some
> girls who vist MJCom are 16 or 17 and upwards!!"
>

Online EVERYONE is 16 and 17 !

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:19

Sweet Thang, that was an excellent post. Very eye-opening, too. There isn't really one "right" way to dig The Stones. Being a fan does not only mean thinking about did Keith created "Jumping Jack Flash" with opening tuning or not or how to collect all awful sounding bootlegs of European 70 Tours shows. Well, that's great too, but not the whole trúthsmiling smiley

Without sex, The Stones wouldn't be The Stones.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-28 18:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:28

sweet thang Wrote:
> >
> That guy who
> sang with Manfred Mann, Paul Jones, was hot shit
> in the UK back then but gone gone gone now.
> There's lots of others like him.
>
>

Ah, yes "The One in the Middle" as he was called (name of one of their early auto-bio songs). But, he ain't really gone...he became a pretty big stage actor in the UK and has occassionally gotten together with some of his old mates in the Blues Band. He can still sing and play harp pretty damned well, too. I understand your post on this...but just wanted to set the record straight lest anyone thinks Paul dies or something....

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: July 28, 2005 18:32

He also hosts a blues programme on Radio 2 regularly....

Posted by: sweet thang ()
Date: July 29, 2005 12:52

Online EVERYONE is 16 and 17!

Sweet 16 turns 51....Well, SHIT HAPPENS!

Debra, I understand your point of view, and although I'm not a musician, I'm a dancer and I know what I like. Stones music drives me out of my mind and into my body. They have always been THE dance band for me! And Doxa, I agree. I think some guys are actually neurotic in their obsessive collecting of obscure bootlegs.

Glad to know Paul Jones is still alive and well, but is he still a SEX OBJECT?
He's probably not the best example, as he had some talent, but he's the only one I could think of at the time who was like a "teen idol." Poor guy. Maybe the Walker Brothers would have been a better example.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2157
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home