Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

STREETS OF LOVE
Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: July 23, 2005 10:02

I must say, it's been very seldom that a Rolling Stones song has brought tears to these old eyes but I've just listened to "Streets Of Love" three times and I am so moved by it, I can hardly express it......I love "Rough Justice;" FINALLY the Faces Meet the Rolling Stones...Ronnie, you're incredible...this one could have been on "Exile on Main Street"...but "Streets of Love" has my heart...yes, it's a bit like previous Mick Jagger solo stuff, but it transcends it...it's gorgeous beyond words.

I can die happy...thanks, guys...

Re: STREETS OF LOVE
Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 23, 2005 10:14

Talk about no concensus! What varied opinions about these new songs! I am very happy to hear Ron isnt virtually absent, but rather splashing his inimitable slide all over the canvas (at least on this track)....And Charlie unstoppable, thank god!(btw will bv delete this? why not simply attach to the 'new songs' thread for those who missed his instructions)

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 23, 2005 11:45

very amusing Jack

at least i saw it was a joke

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: July 25, 2005 00:42

It wasn't a joke....music is a very subjective thing. I can't help the way it hit my ears. Gosh, some of you can be so vicious. I see I am in the vast minority in my opinion of the song, but how about being happy that it made someone else happy, for heaven's sake. It is just a song, after all, even if the only two people who like it are Mick Jagger and myself (and I was no fan of the album "Goddess in the Doorway," by the way).

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 25, 2005 00:54

Are you on drugs?

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-25 00:56 by ROPENI.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: July 25, 2005 00:56

What kind of drugs exactly?

Posted by: billy318124 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 01:17

stop it................

Date: July 25, 2005 01:19

Date: July 25, 2005 01:20

great...

Posted by: mudbone ()
Date: July 25, 2005 01:30

It is a real gem, so don't worry jack, you're not the only one.
I guess you have to have a little depth to appreciate it

Date: July 25, 2005 01:33

Date: July 25, 2005 02:04

"I guess you have to have a little depth to appreciate it"

or more probably, a love of turgid middle of the road cobblers

there are rumours already circulating that REO Speedwagon have asked Mick to write a new tune for them.

whatever next!

Date: July 25, 2005 02:07

Are they still up and alive? Great, but Mick will have to put some more distorted guitars in:-)))

Posted by: terry ()
Date: July 25, 2005 02:13

i cried when i heard streets of love.. i thought it cant be this bad..i sobbed my streets of hearts out...only joking its alright i dont mind the odd ballad..just hope the album has some rockers on it...

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: July 25, 2005 03:12

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:43 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: buchie ()
Date: July 25, 2005 09:43

To Andy Js en other people.
Is it only allowed to say that the Stones and theire music suck. Let Jack Love this song. The whole tendence on MB the last few months seems to be: if you don't like it anymore then it's ok, if you like then you're out of your mind. Give people who are still real Stonesfans, love the songs, enjoy the shows and get excited about all this wonderfull news some credit. It's their opinion. Everyone got his own. Also the people who do like it.

Have a nice day

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: July 25, 2005 09:52

Why do you say "people that are still real Stonesfans"?
In my opinion someone who blindly adores everything the Stones do is not a real Stones fan (anymore). If you lose the ability for at least some criticism you are blindly worshipping them. They are no gods...

In my opinion, Streets Of Love is just not a good Stones song. I enjoy most of the Stones ballads, I like Godess, but this was supposed to be the new Rolling Stones single. And it's just not good enough for that. It is boring, without any great ideas considering lyrics or melodies. It's ok to listen to, sure, but the Stones are not an average pop band! And the song is average at best!

It's good that people here express different opinions, btw. I hate when people think they have the ability to tell others why they are no fans anymore because he/she criticisem them!

Belgrade-Bucharest-Budapest-Brno

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-25 09:53 by Lorenz.

Posted by: buchie ()
Date: July 25, 2005 10:16

Ok maybe you're right and it's not what I meant to say at that but don't you say the same thing?

I quote "In my opinion someone who blindly adores everything the Stones do is not a real Stones fan (anymore). If you lose the ability for at least some criticism you are blindly worshipping them. They are no gods... End of Quote

So if someone likes the new song he is blind and see them as Gods? I like the Songs(incl SOL), I love the band but they are no Gods to me.

If it's okay with you(and me) that people have different opinions then let them. It was an opinion to a good example on what I red the last couple of weeks on various MB on the Net. If you still like em you're a fool. When everybody has the right to express their opinions about it even it's 200 % positivity then give them the right to do it.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 25, 2005 10:24

i like streets of love as well and Iam not on any drugs today,maybe 2moro

Posted by: phd ()
Date: July 25, 2005 11:18

Street of love is a nice ballad. Full Stop. Amid, what I hope and guess some good Keith riffs on other songs we had the cance to hear up to now.. We all need this kind of stuff to sing along on a highway. This is part of the Stones legacy and attracted to them part of their fans .

Date: July 25, 2005 11:42

i can't think of another Stones 'ballad' that sounds this ropey or un Stones-like

ballads don't have to be bland / aor gush

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 25, 2005 12:34

Dont know which chart-positions their singles had from 1986 on------I think the new single "Streets of love" will reach the Top 15----at least in Europe.
Germany in the top 10

Posted by: sladog ()
Date: July 25, 2005 13:09

Doesn't matter what the Stones put out, many "big fans" will hate it. They ONLY want Brown Sugar, JJ Flash and the like.

I only hope the new album is like B2B which is in my top 5 Stones Albums and not like Emotional Rescue, Black and Blue or SMR which are all at the very bottom.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2014
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home