Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Streets of Love & Rough Justice
Posted by: Rutger ()
Date: July 23, 2005 19:52

Rough Justice rocks!!! Ronnie does some outstanding riffs on slide imo. I can already see him play it smiling etc.
ONNYA really sounds a lot like Neighbours I think. Pretty straight forward Stones if you ask me... good rockers.

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: July 23, 2005 22:19

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:42 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 24, 2005 00:07

Keith are still a rocker----I really dont like their "ballads"

really only one-----if he does "You got the silver"

But thats long ago---99 in stuttgart

Nearness of you=----its boring

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: July 24, 2005 00:20

I think the good news is the songs are far better than the 'new' songs on Forty Flicks and Streets Of Love while not being a great ballad certainly has a little more substance than the Stones more recent work.
Rough Justice is also a little better than more recent offerings although i suspect it will fade into the shadows in a very short time.
Mick's vocals especially on Streets Of Love are beginning to show real signs of age and it's now obvious the vocal sound which was first heard fully on Bridges To Babylon (sort of forced heavy breathy sound) was not some new vocal experiment but actually signs of age on Mick's vocal chords. I find this singing style in addition to his forced falsetto really grates on me.
Both songs don't bring any reason to feel optimistic for the Stones future work nor are they as downright embarrasing as some of their more recent offerings.

Posted by: johang ()
Date: July 24, 2005 01:01

I do not like the ballad and the rocker will hopefully grow on you, no classics thats for sure.

Posted by: scenearts ()
Date: July 24, 2005 01:32

'IMO bad Stones is Rock and a Hard Place, Blinded by Love, Can't be Seen, Hold Back, Sparks will Fly.
Nothing wrong with SOL. That solo in the middle: I am curious who played that though. It does not sound like Keith. Maybe it was CHUCK! LOL'

ChelseaDrugstore..I think your spot on with this assessment..Sparks is the worst stones ever...with worst ever rhyming crap 'Sharks will cry'.
heard streets of love today..its ok, will probably grow on me..its better than 'Anybody seen my baby'.I like Jaggers singing on it. I think Jaggers singing has got better with age. The thing I dont like about the SOL Song is the same as many others, and that is that it is identical to Solo Mick stuff from recent years - thats not necessarily bad, just disapointing to Stones nutters that the first new stuff for ages is not Full-on Stones sound. I have not heard rough justice, but ONNYA is great and I feel anticipation for this new album.

The Stones must know they dont need to get people like us alerted to the album, hence you get the slushy stuff aimed at the Mainstream to attract max attention to the Lp..Singles dont count any more, nobody buys em, and nobody much cares.the Stones will get a minor chart placing out of this which means sod-all.the main thing they will get is the airplay to promote the album. THe only people who will buy the single will be us lot on this board if they put a non-album track on there.

And the idea that they might open the show with Rough Justice..NO WAY. It'll be song 4 or 5 after they have played a few crowd pleasers..personally I would like a gig where they play the whole of the new album, in reality? 4 songs maybe.

Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: July 24, 2005 01:34

This board is one harsh jury. For most of the day, I stayed tuned into the local classic rock station (about the only one left in this town) and waited for Rough Justice to pop up. It's fine, in my opinion. I'm glad it got out there early enough for folks going to the early shows on the tour to be familiar with it.

I prefer breaking in new Stones releases by hearing them on the car radio. I'll have to hunt around on the dial for an L.A. station that's playing Steets of Love. Anyone know?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 24, 2005 01:59

don't believe SOL has been released to any US stations....

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 24, 2005 02:08

"Streets of Love" is Excellent

"Rough Justice" just another rocker

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: July 24, 2005 03:11

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-22 04:42 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: July 24, 2005 12:04

Some "Stonesfans" has always got something to complain about...Be glad they still make music. The songs must grow. Give it the time..
Streets of Love is maybe not a of kind Stones song you expect. So isn't Don't Stop But everytime they play this song the whole stadium sang Don't stop, Don't Stop,

So what's the difference?..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-25 17:56 by bartman.

Date: July 24, 2005 12:58

I remember not especially liking SFTD when it came out back in 1968. Nor did I like Midnight Rambler a whole lot, a year later. When Love is Strong was released in 1994, I thought it was weak. Within weeks of each of these releases, I loved them. Yes, give the new ones some time and space to grow in.

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: July 24, 2005 13:11

Sympathy For The Devil and Midnight Rambler were great songs - these new songs are very poor unfortunately. The old Stones are dead and buried.

Date: July 24, 2005 13:32

Edward Twining Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sympathy For The Devil and Midnight Rambler were
> great songs - these new songs are very poor
> unfortunately. The old Stones are dead and buried.

What's wrong with Rough Justice??

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 24, 2005 14:37

i don't remember any crowds singing Dont' Stop when i went to any of the Licks shows to be honest. most folks around me took the opportunity for a piss break as soon as they cranked it up

i wouldn't say Don't Stop was as bad as Streets Of Love but its a close call

thankfully (if the band have any senese) we'll never hear either live again so lets be thankful for that yawning smiley)

Date: July 24, 2005 15:53

Andy, I bet you haven't seen the Stones in Europe, or at least in Holland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-25 17:57 by bartman.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 25, 2005 00:28

Havo Wrote:
> Well agree---Dont Think that K.R. is able to do
> such a great ballad

mmmh...so what about Wild Horses, Angie, Coming Down Again, Beast Of Burden, or Sleep Tonight,Almost hear You Sigh, Slippin' Away, Thru and thru, How Can I Stop, or Locked Away, Hate It When You Leave, Make No Mistake.................?

Posted by: R ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:42

I played them both in the car whilst on a roadtrip this past weekend. I must say I found RJ quite a bit less "ordinairy" than when first I heard it and "SOL" is growing on me but hasn't the memorable hook of their best ballad work.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:49

bartman Wrote:
> > Andy, I but you haven't seen the Stones in
> Europa, or at least Holland.
>
> "I got news for you. We're still a bunch of tough
> bastards. String us up and we still won't die"

In Milan Don't Stop was a great sing - along!

Posted by: perks ()
Date: July 25, 2005 14:57

i DONT UNDERSTAND WHY AVRY BODY IS SO @#$%& HARD ON THEM GREAT THEY COME WHIT SOMTING IN THE END

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 25, 2005 15:29

On the theme of not liking a particular song when it was first released.........for me it was Shattered. I purchased Some Girls the day it was released. I had an 8-track recorder at the time. I put the entire album on the 8-track, but left off Shattered. Now, that song is one of my favorite Stone's tracks.....give the songs some time.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1366
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home