Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34
Re: San Diego Club Gig
Posted by: kate2 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:18

It is a great spot. I was thinking how funny it would be, if Mick showed up last Saturday night when the Belly Up had the Rolling Stones/Beatles bands. Just to step on stage and replace the main singer. Well, Mick will be there soon, looking over the set up. Do they still have sawdust on the floor? I had not been there inside in years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 22:20 by kate2.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:21

I know a wad of cash opens pretty much any door, so I can't hide my envy to wish onlystones the best of luck. Good for him anyway.

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:23

Thanks to all the well wishers. Its going to happen, I can feel it.

DP, I'm sorry but I don't record or post anything (there are a number of different reasons), but if all goes well, I will certainly tell you about it from my perspective. I love the Stones for me I do this with my own time and money. I have followed EVERTYTHING about the Stones for many years, including IORR, I just never posted before this year. It is fun. It adds something to the experience.

I would like to continue doing it as long as you have me. If I ever become unwelcome on IORR you can bet I will keep on Rolling on.

"Let's see how far we can take this thing"... KR

Date: May 27, 2015 22:24

Turner68
Amazing they are playing belly up. I used to live 2 blocks away and have been probably 100 times. It's a small venue. Wow. Jealous.

I think the Jayhawks recorded their latest live album there.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:25

kate2
Most solid infor I can get tonight from the San Diego, A list, party charity goers. Is the Belly UP..closed event. Another event tomorrow , at a private home in Rancho Santa Fe. Fee $1,000,000 plus paid to the band.

Geez this is getting a bit sleazy. Stones for sale to any schmuck with enough money. I could add some tasty adjectives but I think you all know what they are. grinning smiley But I guess once you've crossed that boundary, it gets easier every time...eye popping smiley I can just imagine this guy throwing money at Mick to get him to sing I Got The Blues to his wife while peeling off his wardrobe...Ha!

peace

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:26

Damn. Airfare to San Diego from SFO for tonight / returning tomorrow - surprisingly cheap. I could be down there by 7:30pm and still put in a full workday. onlystones might you have a +1?

Then again, tho going to this gig would be cool, what I really am seeking (in order to finally wrap and launch "The Night Before Altamont" radio documentary) is a 5- to 10-minute interview with Keith.

But going to this gig would be cool. I would dress the part, and be a great guest - no vomitting near the stage (can't believe people did that, CE!)

- swiss

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:30

Naturalust
kate2
Most solid infor I can get tonight from the San Diego, A list, party charity goers. Is the Belly UP..closed event. Another event tomorrow , at a private home in Rancho Santa Fe. Fee $1,000,000 plus paid to the band.

Geez this is getting a bit sleazy. Stones for sale to any schmuck with enough money. I could add some tasty adjectives but I think you all know what they are. grinning smiley But I guess once you've crossed that boundary, it gets easier every time...eye popping smiley I can just imagine this guy throwing money at Mick to get him to sing I Got The Blues to his wife while peeling off his wardrobe...Ha!

peace

i agree. but it sounds like they've been doing it for years...

Date: May 27, 2015 22:31

swiss
Damn. Airfare to San Diego from SFO for tonight / returning tomorrow - surprisingly cheap. I could be down there by 7:30pm and still put in a full workday. onlystones might you have a +1?

Then again, tho going to this gig would be cool, what I really am seeking (in order to finally wrap and launch "The Night Before Altamont" radio documentary) is a 5- to 10-minute interview with Keith.

But going to this gig would be cool. I would dress the part, and be a great guest - no vomitting near the stage (can't believe people did that, CE!)

- swiss

Do it!! There is no way you can get in if you don't try. That is all that I am doing and I am almost positive I am getting in. I have been sworn to secrecy.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:35

kate2
I did not look this up on events sites. I spoke with someone who is going tonight. If i was there, i would drive by for you and be certain. Someone nearby drive by please. Not that I am flying back or that they are selling tixs so I guess it does not really matter.sad smiley

Do you know what charity it's for? I really have made some decent donations over the years to certain ones.
Reply privately if you like.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:36

Turner68
Naturalust
kate2

peace

i agree. but it sounds like they've been doing it for years...

And true fans are pissed at it for years. Naturalust nailed it - the chuzpah is reaching worse proportions each tour.
Having people standing in line all day for the sole purpose of filming the line is where I draw the line.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:38

And I'll be honest - the fact that someone with enough dough seems to have a realistic prospect of getting in pisses me off even more, be it a true fan of whatever.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:39

Naturalust
kate2

peace

I really don't see any problem with it unless the patron turns out to be a criminal of some sort. I've worked with bands at many private functions where I could have given a crap about the spoiled little debutant bride or the trophy wife having a birthday. At the end of the day, it's another show. Another opportunity to make good music with friends and pick up a check for doing so.

I hope the Stones and their audience have a great time and that their host feels like it's money well spent.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:41

onlystones
swiss

- swiss

Do it!! There is no way you can get in if you don't try. That is all that I am doing and I am almost positive I am getting in. I have been sworn to secrecy.

Good luck, onlystones! You're absolutely right, if you don't try it, you'll never know. That's how I could be at the Fonda gig. Best wishes, and I hope you can make it. And swiss, I'd give it a try, if I could. winking smiley

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:43

Yea..yea...really secret...just saw Belly Up rumor on a FB post. I'm only available for the after party if invited.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 22:46 by donnarq1.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:43

I called the Belly Up directly. I asked who's playing tonight and was told "We're closed tonight." I asked if it's a private party and was told "We're closed tonight." I didn't expect any information, just wanted to hear the response.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 22:48 by likecats.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:47

onlystones

Let me guess then, you called the club, offered the person who answered the phone more money than he or she makes in a month and were told they would figure out a way to make you an employee, asked your shirt size and reminded you to bring cash....

Yeah it's all very exciting and I wish you all the luck you can buy but if you really want to be a sweetheart get swiss in too! (she's blond and beautiful btw) smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:47

onlystones
I am on the plane to SD. I think I have an in. It might get expensive, but oh so worth it. I cant describe the excitement that is shooting through my body. I am trying not to get over excited, cause I wont know for sure, until I meet with the person who is making the offer to get me in.

Other people have to be trying. Who else is going?

OMG! ROOTING FOR YOU FROM BALA ONTARIO CANADA! grinning smiley

CE smoking smiley

Date: May 27, 2015 22:50

Naturalust
Let me guess then, you called the club, offered the person who answered the phone more money than he or she makes in a month and were told they would figure out a way to make you an employee, asked your shirt size and reminded you to bring cash....

>grinning smiley< good one! What can a poor boy do except resort to sarcasm

Date: May 27, 2015 22:50

donnarq1
Yea..yea...really secret...just saw Belly Up rumor on a FB post. I'm only available for the after party of invited.

I'm not being secretive about the show. Check my posts I said Belly Up to the bar before I even left. Its about how I am going to get in I was told not to say anything about or the deal would be off. I am not going to mention names or specifics, I never do. Let each person come on here themselves and tell you about it from their own perspective. This is mine, if any one wants to hear it. If not, I am still going and still going to have a f-ing blast.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:56

Naturalust
kate2

peace
The guy that paid for Paul to sing to his wife, [she worked for Larry King] has a New Wife, that needs to be sung to. Guess she likes the Stones better.. oh, to win the lottery. I guess they are doing 15 concerts and lots of private ones ones. Now we know why there was so much time between San Diego.

Date: May 27, 2015 22:57

Nikkei
Naturalust

>grinning smiley< good one! What can a poor boy do except resort to sarcasm

I did do something similar to that. I thought it was a great idea. Didn't work though.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:00

onlystones
donnarq1
Yea..yea...really secret...just saw Belly Up rumor on a FB post. I'm only available for the after party of invited.

I'm not being secretive about the show. Check my posts I said Belly Up to the bar before I even left. Its about how I am going to get in I was told not to say anything about or the deal would be off. I am not going to mention names or specifics, I never do. Let each person come on here themselves and tell you about it from their own perspective. This is mine, if any one wants to hear it. If not, I am still going and still going to have a f-ing blast.

I hear ya! I started this trip in 1972. Never gave out a secret. Never named a name. It got me in and then one day all the way to the TOP. God bless you son. Have a f----ing blast! hot smiley

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:02

Naturalust

peace

I don't have a problem at all with that, since I can assure you they would be playing at my back yard BBQ if I had the means and ability to persuade them to. Would you go if I invited you?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:04

Just got a confirmation from a tipster at Fox 5 that they are playing. This is real.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:05

onlystones
donnarq1

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Many of us are rooting for you onlystones! Part of me is wishing I had the ways and means to join you on a similar adventure. The other part of me is pretty happy just reading about your adventures. As well as the adventures of other IORRians following a bunch of musicians that I wish I could follow! Keep writing. We'll keep reading (and rooting!)

Speaking of writing and rooting... Has anyone heard from bv since Sunday? I'm looking forward to his next blog update.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:06

Cat's out of the bag now Stones fans:

"It is a private concert

A millionaire is throwing a party for his wife

He paid 2million bucks to have the rolling stones play for his wife

I am not sure the media will be let in

And I don’t think it is open to the public

Can you friend send us pix from the line?

Or video?"

Date: May 27, 2015 23:07

SharksWillCry
Naturalust

peace

I don't have a problem at all with that, since I can assure you they would be playing at my back yard BBQ if I had the means and ability to persuade them to. Would you go if I invited you?

That's the spirit and I would go if you invited me and I would gladly bring the beer and anything else you asked me for.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:08

SharksWillCry
Naturalust

peace

I think sometimes folks forget that this is a job for the Stones; it's how they make a living. Would any of us turn down private work that was easy and at above or beyond our going rate?
Yes, to a certain extent rock music is vocational and yes, they are artists, but they are also businessmen.
If these private gigs continue to be a lucrative side job and that helps them justify keeping playing and touring, I am all for them.
And as the above poster stated, if we could afford to hire the Stones for a private party for our friends, wouldn't we all do that?

Date: May 27, 2015 23:14

OK. so how do we get in tomorrow night if not possible tonight? ummm
I will be watching for your updates for anyone that gets in tonight. Meanwhile, i am driving 30 miles to Wyoming, to buy lottery tixs. Not allowed to gamble in Utah. When I win, I will invite only iorrians, to my BBQ with the Rolling Stones..I can see it now. 'Lottery winner buys Rolling Stones for BBQ!'

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:14

The way I look at it, a couple short gigs between shows means that they will be even better at Columbus, so everyone wins! Onlystones, you'll tell us how you got in after right? tongue sticking out smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home