Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 29 of 34
Re: Private Rolling Stones gig at the Belly Up, Solana Beach San Diego tonight
Posted by: RollingStoner ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:36

wellalright
This thing gets weird. I saw this on another board. BV is that you in this video at :50 by the door--while the show is taking place inside? I don't any of y'all personally but this mystery is sucking me in!

[www.youtube.com]

I don't think that's BV. I met him in SF in 2013, and I don't think that guy is him.

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: May 29, 2015 19:51

with sssoul
Beast
Ha ha - love it,drbryant!!

Me too me toooo :E

Me Three!
(I guess this makes me a sycophant.)

Posted by: astsu ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:09

not available via google play in germany ?

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:10

jrcjohnny99
EddieByword
Rokyfan
Long John Stoner
Rokyfan
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

eye popping smiley. Actually glad you still are. Any news on another show tonight? No need to defend yourself in any way but a few more show details for the sake of us who are truly interested would be welcome. Much Thanks.

peace

I think it would be nice if he defended himself.

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 5:11 a.m. PST on 5/27, or 8:11 a.m. on the east coast, he said he was going. Later that day at 2:01 p.m. PST or 5:01 east coast, he says he's on a plane.

Let's assume he hadn't taken off yet. We get to assume certain things here since he hasn't been forthcoming. We don't know where in Florida he is, but just about any nonstop flight from Florida is at least five hours. I checked Flight Aware, and the vast majorty of available flights from Miami and Orlando to San Diego are NOT nonstop. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt- let's say at the last miute he was able to find a nonstop flight to San Diego and he lives near an airport that has an airline that flies there.

Then, at 5:54 p.m. PST he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon so we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. It has been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

All in all, his story is highly suspect.

Edit- I adjusted the times because I resetmy settings to reflect California (Pacific) time. There's no way his timeline is can work. Moreover, I checked ALL planes landing from anywhere in Florida at Lindbergh field yesterday. A Southwest Airlines plane from Orlando landed at 2:29 p.m, Pacific time (no way he's on it) and an American Airlines plane from Miami land around 10:16 p.m. (too late). He either took a private, which would be listed on Flight Aware or he didn't do this.

This is hilarious. You actually took the time to do this? You care? I assume that a fair amount of the accounts I read like this are fantasy. Who knows whether onlystones's posts were just brilliant fiction and he is enjoying the results - - - people taking positions and arguing about whether the story was real or made up.

Besides, if he's not for real, I will be stuck at teterboro Monday afternoon waiting in vain for the private flight to the show at the Basement benefiting tourette's syndrome.

Yeah, I did, and I'm not sure why it bothers you. Maybe it's the professional investigator in me, or the facf that like others said, integrity matters. Checking the flights took all of a minute. I won't bill you for the time.

No, you misunderstood, it didn't bother me, I said it was hilarious. It is a great contribution to a classic thread! And the mystery continues . . .

That's what I thought, this guy (Long John Stoner) is like Columbo, brilliant......

Ha; I have no reason to defend OnlyStones other than a hope that his story is true, but I did a quick look at Southwest's schedules and it's easily doable to leave multiple locations in Florida at noon Eastern and land in SD around 6pm (assume his "I'm in" post referred to him meeting his contact at SAN); worth noting that is 9 hours of travel time in there, more than enough time to change planes at any number of cities; and at 6pm you can get from SAN to Solana Beach in about 35-40 minutes (I have driven up and down the 5 thousands of times)

Hey, don't just look at commercial flights. With a bit of sleuth work, you can come up with private charters, etc. I did it this morning and I'm almost certain I've found the aircraft the Stones are travelling on. I can correlate to within 50 minutes of the landing a tweet by Sally Wood saying "we're in Columbus". When the Stones were touring Australia I was tracking the plane by tail number, but they are getting really stealthy now. But I can see that they (or some of them) flew into Columbus last night. With a bit of detective work, you can figure most of this out...

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:13

Rokyfan
Long John Stoner
Rokyfan
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

eye popping smiley. Actually glad you still are. Any news on another show tonight? No need to defend yourself in any way but a few more show details for the sake of us who are truly interested would be welcome. Much Thanks.

peace

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 5:11 a.m. PST on 5/27, or 8:11 a.m. on the east coast, he said he was going. Later that day at 2:01 p.m. PST or 5:01 east coast, he says he's on a plane.

Let's assume he hadn't taken off yet. We get to assume certain things here since he hasn't been forthcoming. We don't know where in Florida he is, but just about any nonstop flight from Florida is at least five hours. I checked Flight Aware, and the vast majorty of available flights from Miami and Orlando to San Diego are NOT nonstop. But let's give him the benefit of the doubt- let's say at the last miute he was able to find a nonstop flight to San Diego and he lives near an airport that has an airline that flies there.

Then, at 5:54 p.m. PST he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon so we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. It has been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

Edit- I adjusted the times because I resetmy settings to reflect California (Pacific) time. There's no way his timeline is can work. Moreover, I checked ALL planes landing from anywhere in Florida at Lindbergh field yesterday. A Southwest Airlines plane from Orlando landed at 2:29 p.m, Pacific time (no way he's on it) and an American Airlines plane from Miami land around 10:16 p.m. (too late). He either took a private, which would be listed on Flight Aware or he didn't do this.

This is hilarious. You actually took the time to do this? You care? I assume that a fair amount of the accounts I read like this are fantasy. Who knows whether onlystones's posts were just brilliant fiction and he is enjoying the results - - - people taking positions and arguing about whether the story was real or made up.

Besides, if he's not for real, I will be stuck at teterboro Monday afternoon waiting in vain for the private flight to the show at the Basement benefiting tourette's syndrome.

Yeah, I did, and I'm not sure why it bothers you. Maybe it's the professional investigator in me, or the facf that like others said, integrity matters. Checking the flights took all of a minute. I won't bill you for the time.

No, you misunderstood, it didn't bother me, I said it was hilarious. It is a great contribution to a classic thread! And the mystery continues . . .

My apologies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 20:18 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:15

RipThisBone

Mick is doing really well for a man almost 72 years old and looking his age after a 90 minute topshow effort!!! Respect for one of my heroes!!! thumbs up
Maybe not a whole wig, but "unnatural hair"(thumbs up) for a man almost 72 years old for sure. Don't know how to upload the pics, but they are here on IORR. For example: One taken when Mick left the stage at Echoplex in 2013 taken from above and another one when Mick enters the afterparty of HydePark 2013 II.

Mick does not wear a wig. His hair might look a little strange from getting it colored to get rid of all grey hairs. I can see this. Probably he will have a hairdresser come to his house to do trims and color. Top Secret information and no one has a clue who this hairdresser is because he or she would be hounded mercilessly for information about Mick Jagger.

Date: May 29, 2015 20:16

Dreamer
drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 16:11 on 5/27, or 4:11 p.m, to the rest of us, he said he was going. Later that night at 22:01, 0r 10:01 p.m. he says he's on a plane.

At 4:54 on 5/28 he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon do we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. Ithas been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

I used to live 2 blocks from the Belly Up. I've made it to the SD airport in well under an hour before. Google maps puts the trip at 27 minutes. it requires extremely good luck regarding traffic - unlikely at the time of day we are talking about. but it's not crazy for it to be done in under 2 hours.

As for the plane trip, it could have been on a private plane.

Well, as I infer, it's not completely impossible, but he'd have to have every single factor go in his favor. Every one.

Onlystones told me what happened, and I believe him. In his words:

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

smileys with beer
And don't forget that just after Rokyfan posted the location he also had to arrange the deal by sending an email and waiting for the answer...which came miraculously fast of course!
Oh and in between all his arrangements to buy a ticket | grab the cash | get a cab | answer his mail | make the deal | get in the plane | book a room | get out of the plane | get a cab | check in the hotel | go to the gig...he also found the time to read and post on iorr. Without having it looked like a guy in an exciting hurry posting on his cellphone in a plane or a cab or walking out of a plane or getting out of a cab and walking on the street: this guys is in the amazing business!!
He even managed to post on iorr from the BU some 45 minutes after the gig saying to staff of BU he was texting his son...wow what a hero! Pity our hero wasn't capable of making a picture of the interior: he could do all those unbelievable things yet he couldn't do this very simple tric which can be done without anybody seeing it while texting your son...hmm. Or even take some pictures outside before you go in or when you come out. If he's the energetic daredevil he suggests he is that would not even be a piece of cake...

Like I said before: this is so yowsa yowsa yowsa we should send him to the Olympics and have him perform on all disciplines!

Frank Zappa once said:
“Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, uses that something to support their own existence.”

FZ once said, "WTF"!

Photo credit: Me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 20:24 by roller99.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:29

triceratops
RipThisBone

Mick is doing really well for a man almost 72 years old and looking his age after a 90 minute topshow effort!!! Respect for one of my heroes!!! thumbs up
Maybe not a whole wig, but "unnatural hair"(thumbs up) for a man almost 72 years old for sure. Don't know how to upload the pics, but they are here on IORR. For example: One taken when Mick left the stage at Echoplex in 2013 taken from above and another one when Mick enters the afterparty of HydePark 2013 II.

Mick does not wear a wig. His hair might look a little strange from getting it colored to get rid of all grey hairs. I can see this. Probably he will have a hairdresser come to his house to do trims and color. Top Secret information and no one has a clue who this hairdresser is because he or she would be hounded mercilessly for information about Mick Jagger.

Whatever Mick wants to is his business really, but I do find it a bit strange that Mick's hair never gets wet (or even damp) when he is sweating it out these days. winking smiley His brothers hair is probably the closest thing to what Mick's natural hair would look like without whatever treatment or surgery Mick has had although I wouldn't doubt Mick may have even financed a bit of help for him too, to prevent obvious comparisons.

peace

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:36

Mick's brother is kind of balding. Yet younger than him. But I put my wig theories to rest when I looked at Glastonbury. He's sweating it good there.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 29, 2015 20:49

bv
Dreamer
Naturalust
2120Wolf
bv

Please don't make offending jokes about Ralph Whitworth. ... He is more successful than you and me. ...

I guess some read what I write like the devil is reading the Bible...

I was meaning to say this: Ralph Whitworth is more successful than most of us FINANCIALLY.

We do all have our own success stories. I wish everybody great success in life.

Just for the record, if people stopped posting offending about others, I would have more time to write concert reports...

Hey dude that comes with the job drinking smiley
And don't worry: you're doing it fine for which we also give you lots of cheer & credit. But some of us stay sharp and that's a good thing too.
Thanks for explaining your words BV. And I wish you the same great success in your life as well and certainly on this tour!

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:09

I cannot find anything about "The Immunotherapy Foundation" Anybody?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:10

roller99
Dreamer
drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

I looked back over his posts. He says he's from Florida. He was at home there and heard about the Belly Up. At a post timed 16:11 on 5/27, or 4:11 p.m, to the rest of us, he said he was going. Later that night at 22:01, 0r 10:01 p.m. he says he's on a plane.

At 4:54 on 5/28 he's says he's "in". He doesn't say where that is but he says he's going to lose his phone soon do we have to assume he's at the Belly Up. Ithas been seven hours from plane to "in". This is where the truth gets really challenged. I know San Diego. I've been to the Belly Up dozens of time so I know where it is. From de-planing to the Belly Up in less than two hours ready to go as he led us to believe is nigh on impossible, timewise. Every single damn thing would have had to be in his favor, from nonstop at an airport near his house to no traffic onthe 5 and 805 freeways in San Diego to finding and meeting his contacts making the alleged transaction and then getting in unquestioned.

I used to live 2 blocks from the Belly Up. I've made it to the SD airport in well under an hour before. Google maps puts the trip at 27 minutes. it requires extremely good luck regarding traffic - unlikely at the time of day we are talking about. but it's not crazy for it to be done in under 2 hours.

Well, as I infer, it's not completely impossible, but he'd have to have every single factor go in his favor. Every one.

I knew I didn't have much time, so I called a buddy, who told me that "a powerful friend" had chartered a private jet to San Diego and I was free to join if I could get to nearby Wayne Airfield in 15 minutes. I grabbed my briefcase, which I had filled with unmarked bills in small denominations, and jumped in my Lambo. I knew if I really pushed it, the airfield was still 20 minutes away - I made it in ten. I got on the jet, saw that there were only two passengers, so I picked a seat at the back of the 12-seat jet, placed my briefcase on the seat next to me and was soon sound asleep. I knew that a night of sex, drugs and rock and roll lay ahead, and I wanted to get some rest. I awoke just as we were touching ground in San Diego, and immediately started calling Hertz to get the best sports car they had, when the other passenger turned around and offered me a ride to the city. I looked at him and joked "my mother told me not to get in cars with strangers", and he smiled and replied "this isn't a car", as the hovercraft lifted off.

We were at the Belly Up in no time. I thanked my new friend, and headed for the catering department of the club. I walked in the door and knew things weren't good. My contact introduced himself, and said sheepishly "We need more money. There are these guys from LA, the Diaz brothers, who are offering twice what you offered. For some reason, I just lost it. I'm not a huge guy, but I do have a black belt in karate, and can be scary when I'm upset. I screamed 'I have the money, and we had a deal. F#%^* you, buddy, and f#%^* the f#^#%^g Diaz brothers; I bury those cockroaches!' He seemed to get the message, and suddenly I had an "Event Catering" lanyard around my neck and was being led backstage to a small room. Inside, there was a table with a dozen lines - a woman that looked suspiciously like Kate Upton, looked up at me and said "finally! I've been waiting for someone else to arrive so we could party!"

the club was small. I saw BV. Mick wore black and they played "Crazy Mama" and "I Got the Blues". I cried. The rest is history. I'll try to post more later.

smileys with beer
And don't forget that just after Rokyfan posted the location he also had to arrange the deal by sending an email and waiting for the answer...which came miraculously fast of course!
Oh and in between all his arrangements to buy a ticket | grab the cash | get a cab | answer his mail | make the deal | get in the plane | book a room | get out of the plane | get a cab | check in the hotel | go to the gig...he also found the time to read and post on iorr. Without having it looked like a guy in an exciting hurry posting on his cellphone in a plane or a cab or walking out of a plane or getting out of a cab and walking on the street: this guys is in the amazing business!!
He even managed to post on iorr from the BU some 45 minutes after the gig saying to staff of BU he was texting his son...wow what a hero! Pity our hero wasn't capable of making a picture of the interior: he could do all those unbelievable things yet he couldn't do this very simple tric which can be done without anybody seeing it while texting your son...hmm. Or even take some pictures outside before you go in or when you come out. If he's the energetic daredevil he suggests he is that would not even be a piece of cake...

Like I said before: this is so yowsa yowsa yowsa we should send him to the Olympics and have him perform on all disciplines!

Frank Zappa once said:
“Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, uses that something to support their own existence.”

FZ once said, "WTF"!

the photo credit is the best part of that post. nice :-)

Date: May 29, 2015 21:11

The foundation has only just "debuted". Perhaps we ought to give it some time cool smiley

Date: May 29, 2015 21:11

Nikkei
Mick's brother is kind of balding. Yet younger than him. But I put my wig theories to rest when I looked at Glastonbury. He's sweating it good there.

money doesn't buy you happiness, or success, or love... but it does buy you the best doctors in the world....

Date: May 29, 2015 21:13

roller99
Dreamer
drbryant
Long John Stoner
Turner68
Long John Stoner
Naturalust
onlystones
No I'm here.

peace

smileys with beer

Frank Zappa once said:

FZ once said, "WTF"!

FZ once said, "WTF"!

He even said that more than once...

Date: May 29, 2015 21:16

Turner68
Nikkei

money doesn't buy you happiness, or success, or love... but it does buy you the best doctors in the world....

Hinting at implants? Dunno... I would have thought Berlusconi has access to the best of them, yet look at him eye popping smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:17

onlystones
Unbelievable. I will be happy to live my Stones life by myself. I am not an internet person. I said I was going to go to Fonda and that I would get in. All I got was hooray, wonderful, you go!!! You wanted to know how much? and who did what?. Same thing for BU. I do what I do for me. no one else.

If you followed my posts I said what shows I am going to next and where I am staying. Even what I'll be wearing. Check me out? I'll be around. I will do it like every Stones show I have done. I won't engage any one. I don't have to prove anything. This is for me I love the music and performances of the Stones. Nothing more.

If you can't wrap your head around a simple hop on the plane and go to a Stones show and party your ass off.

For the well wishers thanks. I will not let the negativity on this site spoil
my rabid excitement for the Stones. For the naysayers. Go argue about Mick Taylor some more and count what sixth note Ronnie may have missed on a solo somewhere in 1976.

I do love the Stones I won't argue. Life is too good. You don't want me on your site. I will do as I have done for years, just follow along quietly.

I think people have a hard time grasping that the financially successful can love the Stones as much as the everyman. (and be as knowledgeable about their history, catalog, etc.) I'm certainly not a billionaire but I've had my fair share of financial success. I don't play golf, I don't go fishing or hunt big game. I travel, and more specifically I travel around the Stones tours. Tomorrow I will travel solo by private air to Columbus, OH. A town, I'd never under other circumstances travel to. I have one ticket to the show. 5th row. After the show, I'll spend one night in a fine hotel and then promptly back to the airport and I'll be home in a few hours. I've planned this brief excursion for several weeks, but I too have traveled on a whim great distances to see the band I love and will continue to do so when I can.

No doubt, I'm envious that you got to see the private show, but as a Stones fan, I can truly only be happy for you. Cheers!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 21:21 by jazzbass.

Date: May 29, 2015 21:21

jazzbass
onlystones
Unbelievable. I will be happy to live my Stones life by myself. I am not an internet person. I said I was going to go to Fonda and that I would get in. All I got was hooray, wonderful, you go!!! You wanted to know how much? and who did what?. Same thing for BU. I do what I do for me. no one else.

If you followed my posts I said what shows I am going to next and where I am staying. Even what I'll be wearing. Check me out? I'll be around. I will do it like every Stones show I have done. I won't engage any one. I don't have to prove anything. This is for me I love the music and performances of the Stones. Nothing more.

If you can't wrap your head around a simple hop on the plane and go to a Stones show and party your ass off.

my rabid excitement for the Stones. For the naysayers. Go argue about Mick Taylor some more and count what sixth note Ronnie may have missed on a solo somewhere in 1976.

I do love the Stones I won't argue. Life is too good. You don't want me on your site. I will do as I have done for years, just follow along quietly.

I think people have a hard time grasping that the financially successful can love the Stones as much as the everyman. (and be as knowledgeable about their history, catalog, etc.) I'm certainly not a millionaire but I've had my fair share of financial success. I don't play golf, I don't go fishing or hunt big game. I travel, and more specifically I travel around the Stones tours. Tomorrow I will travel by private air to Columbus, OH. A town, I'd never under other circumstances travel to. I have one ticket to the show. 5th row. I too have traveled on a whim great distances to see the band I love and will continue to do so when I can.

No doubt, I'm envious that you got to see the private show, but as a Stones fan, I can truly only be happy for you. Cheers!

actually, you're completely wrong about people's feelings on this topic. it's a shame you'd toss around accusations before paying attention.

there was nothing but good will to him when he made it clear he would pay any price for tickets and that the cost didn't matter to him, when he jumped on a plane at the drop of the hat to fly cross-country, etc. people were cheering him on. the banter was very friendly. people were giving him tips on how he could score tickets. etc.

the whole time through he was promising to share all the details of the show. it was only when after the show that he shared all the details of getting to and from the show - cocaine, hookers, bribes, etc. - and nothing about the show except "i cried when they played i got the blues" that people got upset. and then he completely clammed up and still hasn't offered any details about the show. if he really was at the show, there's no reason not to share his impressions of it.

indeed, posting about his impressions of the music is the least he can do since the whole reason he knew that the show was going to happen, and where it was happening, was because of the fans on this board.

as for you, that's great that you've been successful and are going to the show. however you're being extremely irresponsible with the environment if you are flying solo on private jet (it wasn't clear from your post if you're on a jet or just a single person aircraft or a helicopter). i too have flown on private air a bunch of times, and always made sure to have as many people on board as there seats (friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc.) to keep the carbon footprint low.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 21:32 by Turner68.

Posted by: 1969Fan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 21:27

Peterh
1969Fan
kate2
To 1969fan At least you are in the right city for the best treatment available. Did you grow up in LA? Hope you are well soon [i traveled to SAN show against dr. wishes with 4 broken vertebrae..just had to tip a lot of bellmen.]..

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah...I have plenty of options. A trip to SF to see them against doctor's orders? Sounds about right. I trust you came through it all OK.

I grew up a clueless white kid from Glendale and saw my first Stones concert Nov 8, 1969, LA Forum, 2nd show. BB King, Ike & Tina Turner, and the Stones. I wasn't a fan so I took an 8mm movie camera with me so I could get some footage for a student film. When I left the show (as the sun was rising) my jaw was on the ground. I had no idea what I had just seen, but was totally blown away. I had the good fortune of assisting Annie Leibovitz when she was the 1975 Stones tour photographer, and spent time with her during the Montauk rehearsals and again during the LA Forum shows. Those were times I treasure and will never forget.

Now I'm an old clueless white kid from Glendale. I can say that because after stops in Colorado and Connecticut, I'm back living in Glendale. And I'm still as much a fan now as I was when I walked out of the Forum around 5AM Nov 9 1969.

BTW...I have the 200' of 8mm Ektachrome I shot that night. It still looks great. I want to get it digitized so I can do something with it in Final Cut.

CONTACT FALO. There are tons of fans here who would LOVE to see that footage of yours!!!

Peterh...at the risk of exposing my considerable ignorance, who or what is FALO, and how does one contact him/ her / it?

Date: May 29, 2015 21:57

Turner68
jazzbass
onlystones

I think people have a hard time grasping that the financially successful can love the Stones as much as the everyman. (and be as knowledgeable about their history, catalog, etc.) I'm certainly not a millionaire but I've had my fair share of financial success. I don't play golf, I don't go fishing or hunt big game. I travel, and more specifically I travel around the Stones tours. Tomorrow I will travel by private air to Columbus, OH. A town, I'd never under other circumstances travel to. I have one ticket to the show. 5th row. I too have traveled on a whim great distances to see the band I love and will continue to do so when I can.

actually, you're completely wrong about people's feelings on this topic. it's a shame you'd toss around accusations before paying attention.

there was nothing but good will to him when he made it clear he would pay any price for tickets and that the cost didn't matter to him, when he jumped on a plane at the drop of the hat to fly cross-country, etc. people were cheering him on. the banter was very friendly. people were giving him tips on how he could score tickets. etc.

the whole time through he was promising to share all the details of the show. it was only when after the show that he shared all the details of getting to and from the show - cocaine, hookers, bribes, etc. - and nothing about the show except "i cried when they played i got the blues" that people got upset. and then he completely clammed up and still hasn't offered any details about the show. if he really was at the show, there's no reason not to share his impressions of it.

indeed, posting about his impressions of the music is the least he can do since the whole reason he knew that the show was going to happen, and where it was happening, was because of the fans on this board.

as for you, that's great that you've been successful and are going to the show. however you're being extremely irresponsible with the environment if you are flying solo on private jet (it wasn't clear from your post if you're on a jet or just a single person aircraft or a helicopter). i too have flown on private air a bunch of times, and always made sure to have as many people on board as there seats (friends, co-workers, colleagues, etc.) to keep the carbon footprint low.

Well said Turner68! thumbs up
As an entrepeneur myself I like to fly on private jets too (always in company of others who help with my fear of flying sad smiley ) but the jazzbass post is totally not my cup of tea and is not what this was about.
Turner68: thank you!

Date: May 29, 2015 21:57

Turner68

I'm very proud of the fact that this photo hangs in Frank's sister's living room. I have a ton of photos (not Rolling Stones) if you're interested.

Date: May 29, 2015 22:04

roller99
Turner68

I'm very proud of the fact that this photo hangs in Frank's sister's living room. I have a ton of photos (not Rolling Stones) if you're interested.

Yeah definitely interested. That photo of Frank is awesome! Post more please.

Feel free to start an OT thread with you photos for obvious reasons. smoking smiley

peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-29 22:35 by Naturalust.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:12

Could we please leave the off-topic talks here and concentrate on the Belly Up show with the Rolling Stones here please?

I did not see Zappa at the Belly Up show, if so then he would have been reincarnating. So please stay on topic. Or I would have to close this thread.

Thank you.

Bjornulf

Date: May 29, 2015 22:16

closing the thread is a great idea.

Date: May 29, 2015 22:33

bv
Could we please leave the off-topic talks here and concentrate on the Belly Up show with the Rolling Stones here please?

I did not see Zappa at the Belly Up show, if so then he would have been reincarnating. So please stay on topic. Or I would have to close this thread.

Thank you.

Ok. It's not Zappa we really want to know about anyway...did you see onlystones there? grinning smiley

peace

Date: May 29, 2015 22:34

Naturalust
roller99
Turner68

Yeah definitely interested. That photo of Frank is awesome! Post more please.

peace

Send me an email, I'll send you a link.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:47

Turner68
jazzbass
onlystones

Please, did you ever consider maybe he just hasn't had time to post a report yet? Maybe he never will. I was at the San Diego show last weekend and still haven't posted my photos or videos. Even on my own YouTube channel where I have posted many videos from Stones concerts I've attended all over the world. I haven't had time yet because I've been busy with work and family obligations. I'll get to it over the next few weeks. Also didn't mean to imply I'm flying by private jet. I own my own single engine Cirrus SR22 Turbo. If you can be at the Reading, PA (KRDG) regional airport by 11 am tomorrow there's a seat open for you. I hope bringing you along will make me more environmentally responsible at least in your eyes.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 29, 2015 22:50

Reading bv's threats about closing threads is one of the funniest things to do on this board >grinning smiley<

Date: May 29, 2015 23:01

Jazzbass, it's very cool that you travel on your own plane. My father works as a commercial pilot, but in Europe you'd have to be a millionaire to just maintain a private plane for longer than a month. On the topic of Onlystones and his story, I think it's a different thing if you come from a show that almost nobody had access to and promise to report, then don't deliver. He has set up this outcome pretty much himself. What he did report from the Fonda was mainly focused on his experience of getting in and his afterparty. As the shit hit the fan his reaction certainly didn't help to dispel our doubts.

Posted by: catchinem ()
Date: May 29, 2015 23:12

jazzbass
Turner68
jazzbass
onlystones

Please, did you ever consider maybe he just hasn't had time to post a report yet? Maybe he never will. I was at the San Diego show last weekend and still haven't posted my photos or videos. Even on my own YouTube channel where I have posted many videos from Stones concerts I've attended all over the world. I haven't had time yet because I've been busy with work and family obligations. I'll get to it over the next few weeks. Also didn't mean to imply I'm flying by private jet. I own my own single engine Cirrus SR22 Turbo. If you can be at the Reading, PA (KRDG) regional airport by 11 am tomorrow there's a seat open for you. I hope bringing you along will make me more environmentally responsible at least in your eyes.

If you would like to go to the Atlanta show I have dead center tics at the end of the runway. It will be perfect for the sight and sound experience. you will have to fly to Destin, Fl and pick me up tho. I have lodging at the Loews Hotel in atlanta also. Come get me!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334Next
Current Page: 29 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home