Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

'The Black Box' - unreleased compilation. 10 out of 12 tracks are available.
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 25, 2015 15:01

During a search on the internet regarding the unreleased compilation "The Black Box", compiled by Wyman & Watts in 1975, I became aware that 10 out of the 12 tracks, are in fact available. "Godzi" and "Panama Powder Room" are missing in action, unless they are well-known outtakes in drag. Something tells me that one of them is in fact what we know as "I Can See It" or "Get Yourself Together". That song appears on bootleg in suspisious 'finished' form, and it fits nicely in the loose R'n'B 'theme' of this record. 'Don't Lie To Me' was called 'Let's Talk It Over' on the original tracklist, which again could led to believe that the two unavailable tracks are well-known tracks.

Side 1:

A1 Bright Lights, Big City
A2 Cops And Robbers
A3 I’d Much Rather Be With The Boys
A4 Little Red Rooster - Recorded on the British tour, March 5-18, 1965.
A5 Down The Road Apiece - Recorded on the British tour, March 5-18, 1965.
A6 Don’t Lie To Me (called Let's Talk It Over on original tracklist)

Side 2:

B1 If You Let Me
B2 Godzi - Recorded at RCA Studios, Hollywood, August 4-12, 1966.
B3 Panama Powder Room - Recorded at RCA Studios, Hollywood, August 4-12, 1966.
B4 Gold Painted Nails - Recorded at Olympic Studios, London, October 16, 1967.
B5 Fanny Mae - Recorded at “Saturday Club”, BBC radio show, August 20, 1965.
B6 Down In The Bottom - Recorded at Chess Studios, Chicago, June 11, 1964.

Re: 'The Black Box' - unreleased compilation. 10 out of 12 tracks are available.
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:33

Were people aware of this? 'The Black Box' is a legendary item in Stones-land.

Re: 'The Black Box' - unreleased compilation. 10 out of 12 tracks are available.
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 26, 2015 12:59

I think most were aware of the Black Box that Wyman compiled in 1975 which Klein rejected but I was under the impression that the track list was longer than just 12 tracks. Never seen that list before I don't think.

"Gold Painted Nails" would probably be a finished song and not the basic tracks we have on the Satanic sets. Would love to hear what that song became.

As for Godzi and Panama Powder Room, who knows?

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: May 26, 2015 13:21

Our great contributor thkbeercan who worked for Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab posted here the library of Stones "master" tapes.

Here is the page with the Black Blox masters: 12 tracks.
You even got the duration of the tracks!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 26, 2015 13:23

That is very cool!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 26, 2015 17:13

Fascinating indeed! I'd need to look it up but weren't tracks like "Hear It" and "Aftermath" also listed for that project at some point? We did get them and they were...instrumentals.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: May 26, 2015 17:18

gotdablouse
Fascinating indeed! I'd need to look it up but weren't tracks like "Hear It" and "Aftermath" also listed for that project at some point? We did get them and they were...instrumentals.

No.
"Hear It" and "Aftermath" were supposed to be on Necrophilia.

Date: May 26, 2015 17:30

Blueranger
During a search on the internet regarding the unreleased compilation "The Black Box", compiled by Wyman & Watts in 1975, I became aware that 10 out of the 12 tracks, are in fact available. "Godzi" and "Panama Powder Room" are missing in action, unless they are well-known outtakes in drag. Something tells me that one of them is in fact what we know as "I Can See It" or "Get Yourself Together". That song appears on bootleg in suspisious 'finished' form, and it fits nicely in the loose R'n'B 'theme' of this record. 'Don't Lie To Me' was called 'Let's Talk It Over' on the original tracklist, which again could led to believe that the two unavailable tracks are well-known tracks.

"Godzi" and "Panama Powder Room" are different tracks than "I Can See It".

"I Can See It" is actually labelled "Get Yourself Together" on the master tapes and was considered be released by Abkco on a compilation called "Greese My Psalm" along with "Looking Tired".
Another stillborn project.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: May 26, 2015 20:29

Godzi and Panama Powder Room are most likely instrumentals.

Check:
[aeppli.ch]
[www.nzentgraf.de]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2020
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home