Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live at Leeds 1971 single disc availability?
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 15:41

I looked at the Sticky Fingers box set and see it is there. I have had the boot in excellent condition for years but missing the first two tracks. I see there are restored on the official release and I definitely want it.

My question- does anyone know if it will be released separate of the box set OR is it simply a money grab by the Stones knowing the diehard fans will throw down the $ 150 to get it?

Thanks for any info!

Re: Live at Leeds 1971 single disc availability?
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 24, 2015 16:31

"a money grab by the Stones thinking the diehard fans will throw down the $ 150 to get it?"

Date: May 24, 2015 16:51

And they do...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2015 16:55

If we have luck you can buy the Sticky Fingers Super-Deluxe-Edition (iTunes: 19.99 $/£/€) on [www.qobuz.com] in 44.1kHz/16bit CD-Quality and make your own CD ....

(Qobuz is available in France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, BeNeLux, UK, Ireland)

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 24, 2015 17:52

Folks how do you find out the bit rate for songs on iTunes BEFORE buying? There used to be a drag down that gave you info. 16 bit is very reasonable way to get Leeds. . .

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 24, 2015 18:35

whitem8

Folks how do you find out the bit rate for songs on iTunes BEFORE buying?

Songs on iTunes are nowadays AAC-encoded with a bit rate of 256 kbit/s and a sampling rate of 44.1 kHz. AAC achieves better sound quality than MP3 at similar bit rates.

You could make for instance a comparison between the WAV-file from [www.qobuz.com] and the same AAC-file from [itunes.apple.com] - both are available as single purchase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 18:40 by Irix.

Date: May 24, 2015 20:54

Thanks for the input. I pre-ordered the 2 disc set on Amazon so I already get the automatic MP3 download. Was hoping they would just sell the Live at Leeds disc... but at any rate, I guess I could pay the 19.99 on iTunes to get Leeds. Much better than $ 150.

If anyone finds out anything different, please email me or look up this thread and post. Thanks.

bigmac7895@gmail.com

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 24, 2015 21:38

I just preordered the Google Play Music version. Super Deluxe for 18.99. Can't afford 100.00 for a 3rd disc. I have no PC currently so I'll be playing it through my car stereo by connecting my phone to it. Better than not having it at all.

Date: May 26, 2015 02:31

I went ahead and preordered on iTunes. I like the CYHMK... It would be better if Jagger was not singing rubbish and just allow Keef and MT weave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 00:37 by bigmac7895.

Date: May 26, 2015 07:42

If anyone ordered digital, especially Google Play, I suggest checking your library now.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 26, 2015 12:53

It is a shame there isn't a cheaper option for the 3rd disc in physical form.

Also, no vinyl version?

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a bootleg vinyl version will be out there in a matter of weeks after it's release.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 26, 2015 15:54

bigmac7895
I went ahead SB preordered on iTunes. I like the CYHMK... It would be better if Jagger was not singing rubbish and just allow Keef and MT weave.

What version of CYHMK do you mean??

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:14

kleermaker
bigmac7895
I went ahead SB preordered on iTunes. I like the CYHMK... It would be better if Jagger was not singing rubbish and just allow Keef and MT weave.

I guess the one I listen to regularly.

Date: May 26, 2015 16:15

kleermaker
bigmac7895

The new, unfinished version, obviously

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:16

shortfatfanny
kleermaker
bigmac7895

I think they mean the new outtake version where Jagger is improvising, trying to find some lyrics and melody.
Once he stops the band starts jamming and it gets really great.

Date: May 26, 2015 16:23

vudicus
shortfatfanny
kleermaker
bigmac7895

I think they mean the new outtake version where Jagger is improvising, trying to find some lyrics and melody.
Once he stops the band starts jamming and it gets really great.

Yep, that makes sense. Thanks. The ones I listen to regularly are the album version and the Glastonbury performance, but those aren't meant of course.

Date: May 26, 2015 16:24

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
bigmac7895

The new, unfinished version, obviously

Of course! Totally forgotten about it.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 26, 2015 16:46

tumblingdice
If anyone ordered digital, especially Google Play, I suggest checking your library now.

And if they did, can they tell me if they actually received Midnight Rambler from Disc 3? When I pull up the track listing for the super deluxe version of Sticky Fingers, it says that Midnight Rambler is "Album Only". I'm thinking that means that you can't buy it individually but wanted to make sure that it still comes if you buy the whole album digitally.

Thanks for your insight.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: May 26, 2015 21:48

Yes, with the purchase you get the full 3 discs.I have listened to them all since shortly after midnight last night smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 21:49 by tumblingdice.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:12

Has anyone been able to purchase only the two new CDs or do you need to order all three?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 00:13 by smokeydusky.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:24

smokeydusky
Has anyone been able to purchase only the two new CDs or do you need to order all three?

They've made it where you can't. They held out a track on the 2nd and 3rd disc, so if you want all the tracks you have to buy the complete Super Deluxe download.

Date: May 27, 2015 00:36

Sorry haven't had a chance to answer- yes the incomplete CYHMK... When I ordered on iTunes, I received 3 tracks right away.

Is there an alternate full version that I am unaware of?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1255
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home