Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: ZIPCODE tour - Merchandise
Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 24, 2015 04:29

100 dollars for a crewneck that definitely cost less than 10 dollars to make.... tisk tisk. I think I'm gonna go for the raglan.

I like that tye-dye from the ABB tour much more than any of the ones offered for this tour.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 24, 2015 04:31

I remember doing all that tie-dyed stuff back in 197X... it was great fun until that night when we got a little too rambunctious and the pot with the dye in it hit the kitchen floor and splattered bright blue dye EVERYWHERE... and that was the end of us ever tie-dying again. The negative reinforcement and fallout from that incident still makes me wince.

I still wonder if word of that incident helped spawn Blue Man Group years later.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-24 05:10 by Leonioid.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 24, 2015 05:40

Btw, there was no rainbow tye-dye nor black/white tye-dye at today's SD trailer merch shop.
Only blue/red tye-dye.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 24, 2015 05:48

Nice to see the original tongue being put to use on that trailer.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 24, 2015 06:01

GasLightStreet
Nice to see the original tongue being put to use on that trailer.

They decorated that Lucky Brands store with it too. So marketing the outing based on a 44 year old record does have its merits.

Date: May 24, 2015 06:02

Where is that?

Date: May 24, 2015 06:05

Some pics are on the San Diego thread. I would go there for the free pins! [www.iorr.org]

Date: May 24, 2015 06:20

This one!!?? How awesome. Someone needs to steal that tongue!

Date: May 24, 2015 06:23

Just stick a safety pin onto the back of it. "I was led to believe the pins are free to take?" >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: May 24, 2015 16:43

I expected to see more sticky fingers related items.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 24, 2015 17:53

Collect them all.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:07

Venue specific merch is starting to go up....

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:31

or be patient and see if there is a 50% off Boxing Day sale in December.

Date: May 25, 2015 01:48

Posted by: weinerdog ()
Date: May 25, 2015 04:58

So how early on the day of show is the truck open for business? Does it vary based on when it gets to the stadium? Any tips appreciated.

I really want a poster for the Mpls show.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:11

On the 50 & Counting and 14 On Fire in Europe, they were opening around 3. Sometimes a little earlier.

I always got there early. Any lines that form quickly disappear and turns into a mass of people jockeying in front of the stands.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:41

Personally I'm not too crazy of the new Merch designs with the exception of the
San Diego poster and matching shirt. Does anyone know if there was a poster for
The Fonda show - seems I saw a reddish Fonda T-shirt with the SF cover.

Date: May 25, 2015 05:48

A few Fonda posters on ebay for $200/up thumbs down

Date: May 25, 2015 05:48

swimtothemoon

There sure was and they offered a combo pack with both poster and shirt for $70.00 online. It might still be there.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 25, 2015 05:49

Dashed into Lucky Brand store a few minutes before closing and snapped a few pics of the Stones merch. The stuff was a little hard to find, kinda tucked away on shelves, but a store associate told me that on Wednesday they were going to have a big display set up with more merchandise. I'm going to try to get back there next weekend to pick up a few things.

This last one is impossible to see in the photo, but it the tongue in white on white. Very subtle and cool.

Sorry for the poor pics ladies, I really did only have about five minutes to run around the store before it closed. I think the sales associates thought I was a little nuts. smiling smiley

Date: May 25, 2015 05:53

Leonioid
swimtothemoon

There sure was and they offered a combo pack with both poster and shirt for $70.00 online. It might still be there.

btw- it says it was only available for 24 hours... but you might try here [gumroad.com]

from the Fonda thread
Leonioid
desertblues68
A message just appeared on Facebook about a bundle t shirt and print. It looks fab and I really want it, but I cannot get away with wearing a d**k on my womanly assets>grinning smiley<
Thanks for the heads up,
and that was the first time I have gone to their facebook page... so they have that going for them.

They are very cool... as was shown by roller's picture of his shirt in his picture and someone said this poster was being offered on ebay for $299.99 yesterday although I did not see that... but here it is [www.facebook.com]

Date: May 25, 2015 05:53

Leonioid
swimtothemoon

I doubt it, they were stressing LIMITED EDITION and AVAILABLE FOR 24 HOURS ONLY...Congratulations to anyone who did manage (or decide) to pay $70 for them! They may become collectors' items!

Date: May 25, 2015 05:55

Thanks latebloomer. I remember on the ABB Tour there already was a cool shirt with a black tongue on black. Which would suit my eating habits better tongue sticking out smiley
The shirt with the album cover, does it have a real zipper?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 25, 2015 06:02

Nikkei
Thanks latebloomer. I remember on the ABB Tour there already was a cool shirt with a black tongue on black. Which would suit my eating habits better tongue sticking out smiley
The shirt with the album cover, does it have a real zipper?

No, it doesn't Nikkei. I wish now that I'd just bought the white on white shirt, there was only one in my size. Hopefully, they'll have more of those later in the week.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: May 27, 2015 23:39

[rollingstones.shop.bravadousa.com]

SD T sheet + litho for $70 is a bargain...
Some people paid $90 at the venue.confused smiley

Then I expect they will sell same $70 combo for other venues.

Date: May 28, 2015 00:01

Do they usually have posters available online after the shows?

For San Diego it seemed that the posters sold out quickly at the venue, but now they're readily available online. I guess the only way to guarantee one if they're so limited is to buy at the show.

Posted by: eyesoftheworld ()
Date: May 28, 2015 02:19

weinerdog
Do they usually have posters available online after the shows?

For San Diego it seemed that the posters sold out quickly at the venue, but now they're readily available online. I guess the only way to guarantee one if they're so limited is to buy at the show.

As a poster person there is a difference in the pieces;

The ones sold at the show were numbered individually out of 650.
I presume the ones sold online will not be.

I am not sure if Stones fans generally care too much about this, but with some pieces of art the printings are very important.

cheers!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 28, 2015 07:26

The limited edition lithos did seem to sell out rather quickly for San Diego.
Bought one day the before concert (#111/650) at merch truck for $50, and then a friend called later after seeing a pic and said he wanted one as well.
Went back to truck the next morning and saw people still buying them, but by the time I made it to front of line they were all gone.
Saw the guy pull the display one down and carefully removing staples. I offered to give him $20 haha, and he said maybe - come back later if he still had it, but I didn't bother.
I then bought the San Diego t-shirt and was on my merry way, and it ended up my friend did buy one earlier (#155), so all ended well.
Keep in mind these are printed on fairly sturdy poster board, not typical thin paper.

With all that said I don't think these new ones will be hand numbered, but for a cool t-shirt/litho bundle at $70, sounds like a decent deal - at least as far as typical overpriced Stones merch goes.

Question about the Merchandise trucks seen in all the live threads
Posted by: Sinkiller ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:48

Just wondering what the average opening times for the trucks are? From the looks of things, they are set up outside in the parking lot before you even get in line for the show, right?

Does that mean you can buy the merchandise and stick it in your car before you go in to the stadium? Are there any drawbacks to this? By that, I mean: Are there items for sale inside that aren’t out, or vice versa?

Just looking to plan my day in Kansas City and it sure would be convenient not to lug around that poster and a couple other items, if I don’t have to.

Thanks for any advise the vets can give.

Re: Question about the Merchandise trucks seen in all the live threads
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 23, 2015 00:52

Merch truck in Pittsburgh was open for business Saturday AM.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home