Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Back of My Hand
Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:13

I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to hear Back of My Hand one more time in Buffalo!

Re: Back of My Hand
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:33

taz22
I know it probably won't happen, but I would love to hear Back of My Hand one more time in Buffalo!
Good song from a good album. I heard it opening night in Boston at Fenway and it was GREAT!!!
I would love to hear "Back of my Hand" again on this tour. I am amused by the amount of hate Bigger Bang (and other good Stones albums) get.

Theres a preeeeecher

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:34

On mah cohnaaaah

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:37

Leonioid
taz22
Good song from a good album. I heard it opening night in Boston at Fenway and it was GREAT!!!
I would love to hear "Back of my Hand" again on this tour. I am amused by the amount of hate Bigger Bang (and other good Stones albums) get.

Theres a preeeeecher

I'm still learning about this board, and if their new albums get hate that is weird I agree. But in my circle at least it's understood that from Steel Wheels on the songs the Stones wrote sounded more like a band trying to sound like the Rolling Stones than the actual Rolling Stones. No reason to hate them for it, but for many it just makes it less enjoyable.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 02:39

Turner68
I'm still learning about this board, and if their new albums get hate that is weird I agree. But in my circle at least it's understood that from Steel Wheels on the songs the Stones wrote sounded more like a band trying to sound like the Rolling Stones than the actual Rolling Stones. No reason to hate them for it, but for many it just makes it less enjoyable.

Dunno... Continental Drift, Moon Is Up, Might As Well Get Juiced... those are pretty far out

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2015 05:59

I remember loving it the first time I heard it, and then being blown away that the slide was Mick. holy moly...still a great song.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 06:07

treaclefingers
I remember loving it the first time I heard it, and then being blown away that the slide was Mick. holy moly...still a great song.
^TRUE ^

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-21 06:21 by Leonioid.

Date: May 21, 2015 06:29

Just play it!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 10:34

Stones at their best ...

Posted by: onlystones ()
Date: May 21, 2015 11:02

Mick on slide on BOMH is my favorite guitar part by him. The Stones are the Stones. I could easily give a set list of songs made from SW and beyond and the Stones would play and blow your socks off. If you doubt that you haven't seen them lately. I'm not talking live only either. There are plenty of recent things on you tube that show as a whole they have lost nothing. Mick Jaggers performance is never lacking.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 21, 2015 17:53

onlystones
Mick on slide on BOMH is my favorite guitar part by him. The Stones are the Stones. I could easily give a set list of songs made from SW and beyond and the Stones would play and blow your socks off. If you doubt that you haven't seen them lately. I'm not talking live only either. There are plenty of recent things on you tube that show as a whole they have lost nothing. Mick Jaggers performance is never lacking.

true

they are hitting a nice late stride here..

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 21, 2015 21:12

For me in Buffalo has to be You Gotta Move instead of BOMH. Enjoyed it at Fenway 2005 though!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1327
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home