Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

zip code tour?
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:13

they posted the zip code for their club show tonight.

what if that is part of the meaning of the zip code tour - that they will do club shows at various cities during the tour, announcing it with "zip code" billboards and graffiti at each one?

Re: zip code tour?
Date: May 20, 2015 22:16

That would be awesome! Dreamer also hinted this thumbs up

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:19

DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley
No I said I wouldn't be surprised if something similar next week happens...
smoking smiley
Just a guess and not based on any intel!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:42

I highly doubt it. Like they always do, it's a warm up in a small club, followed by the already announced shows.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:42

It would be more interesting if there were some deeper meaning. As Zip Codes make a pretty boring tour gimmick, even if it does somewhat tie into an album cover in a very roundabout way.

Date: May 20, 2015 22:44

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley
smoking smiley

I know, but your guess could be pretty spot on in a bigger context for this tour. If Turner is right this will be Licks X 15! smiling smiley

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 20, 2015 22:53

Indeed I am still waiting for the AH HA!! moment when I finally understand the "genius" of the double/triple/quad meaning of zip code besides referring to the zipper on the album cover... it has to be there.

I hope for some more club shows too, but there does not seem to be many spaces between the existing tour dates to allow for more shows... but I sure hope they do...

Which brings me back to the $427 Indy GA VIP tickets which puts one 5-30 feet from the stage on Keith's side, which it is about as close to a club show as one can get on this stadium tour. If one can make to Indy and grab one of those tickets I bet it will be awesome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-20 23:06 by Leonioid.

Date: May 20, 2015 23:11

Leonioid
Indeed I am still waiting for the AH HA!! moment when I finally understand the "genius" of the double/triple/quad meaning of zip code besides referring to the zipper on the album cover... it has to be there.

I hope for some more club shows too, but there does not seem to be many spaces between the existing tour dates to allow for more shows... but I sure hope they do...

Which brings me back to the $427 Indy GA VIP tickets which puts one 5-30 feet from the stage on Keith's side, which it is about as close to a club show as one can get on this stadium tour. If one can make to Indy and grab one of those tickets I bet it will be awesome.

Yes... To be clear I have no inside info... I'm just saying the tour name is a little weird and when I saw the billboard with the zip code I thought to myself that it could be a theme ... I could be totally wrong.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: May 20, 2015 23:16

In my humble opinion, I think the zip code signs will only be up for the small, surprise gigs.

CE smoking smiley

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: May 20, 2015 23:24

There's almost no room in the schedule for any more club shows, they want at least 2 days off between shows which means you need a 5 day space between two shows in the current itinerary

Date: May 20, 2015 23:26

Cocaine Eyes
In my humble opinion, I think the zip code signs will only be up for the small, surprise gigs.

CE smoking smiley

That's what i'm hoping!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 20, 2015 23:47

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:34

slewan

Good one! How about 99587 as well

Date: May 21, 2015 00:34

Tha code is in tha zip.........

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:42

DandelionPowderman
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

smiling smiley
smoking smiley

I know, but your guess could be pretty spot on in a bigger context for this tour. If Turner is right this will be Licks X 15! smiling smiley

Our Norwegian cowboy acts like this is his first trip.
Calm down and play some blues...let the herd enjoy what they're munching but don't create a stampede smoking smiley

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:49

I have a sneaking suspicion there's no code, that it's just a gimmick to sell merch with postal codes on them and albums that have zippers.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:55

You guys are really stretching here. Possibly a small gig at the end of the tour but the hassle and logistics of more along the way just don't make sense, IMO.

peace

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 21, 2015 00:57

If it is just.....
Then they should have called the 37-23-36 or 36-24-36 tour

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 21, 2015 01:04

Plus the hassle would grow exponentially after a second show like that.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home