Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Adter a Show Where Do They Stay
Date: July 21, 2005 12:26

Do they have their own plane this time around? I'm especially wondering about Moncton of course. Will they fly there after Detroit and stay a couple of days, then get out of town? I can't picture anywhere in Moncton that would accomodate them in the style they live (Although a couple of the hotels have pools I think). :-)

Re: Adter a Show Where Do They Stay
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 21, 2005 13:24

after the manchester gig the stones were staying in the same hotel as us and was basically the next section to us as we <well the mrs> noticed a security guard next to our room and she clocked it was the stones and she was right.

It was i say a four star hotel but not the poshest one in town and knowing the stones i would say imho that comfortable & costs as long as they are reasonable would over ride staying in the poshest of hotels and perhaps they might have a deal with a particular hotel chain.

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: July 21, 2005 14:25

I believe the Stones pick a central headquarters for particular groups of shows. So for the first leg of the tour, basically New England-NE US, they might pick somewhere like Boston. They stay camped there for 1-2 weeks while playing in Mass., Connecticut, New Brunswick, etc., then on to the next central HQ. For a show like Moncton I would expect they will be in and then out after the show.

Karl

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 21, 2005 14:30

They don't stay in small places. However, their crew stay every place. Then the Stones fly in on show day. They do that even in larger places, to decrease number of hotel changes. I don't know if Moncton is the kind of place they would relax and stay. They would need a 5-star hotel with 40-50 rooms and suites. May be they just stay in Detroit and then fly in on show day.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 21, 2005 18:22

in most cities, they tend to stay in the local Four Seasons hotel, if there is one.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: July 21, 2005 18:49

George V in Paris. Mick had a suite at the Ritz recently for a year or so while his Richmond pad was redecorated (ceilings heightened if the Brit tabloids can be believed) to accommodate L'Wren Scott's towering height.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 21, 2005 20:53

Mick's suite in London was/is at Claridge's, not the Ritz.

I find that story about heightening the doorways (not ceilings!!!) for L'Wren nonsensical, personally. I mean, shes 6'4 - not 10 feet tall!!

The band usually do indeed stay at George V when in Paris, although when they played there in 98 they used the Plaza Athenee as the George V was being redecorated. They had Mick's birthday party at the Athenee after the Stade de France gig.

When they stay at George V, many of the crew stay in the Hotel Warwick, which is in (I think ) Rue de berri on the opposite side of the Champs Elysees (I met Bobby Keys there just before the Longchamps show in '95). Directly across the street from that hotel was the Val d'Isere restaurant. The band used to meet up there when in town recording Dirty Work in 1985. The restaurant has now changed name, however.

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 21, 2005 21:19

Have to agree with gazza on this, those damn ceilings in England/Richmond area must be, (I'd say) 20 feet high already, (consider the heat bill here folks). I doubt if they needed to be higher for L'
Wren, maybe the Doorways would though.

I remember once, I was looking for a place to Rent, early 90's, in the area of VERONICA's Restaurant, in London, and a lot of those Houses were gutted and being renovated, I wondered about those ceilings, one landlord literally tried to get me to rent "a section" of a house before they tore into it, next to the gutted rooms. I said to him: "there is no window glass, " he said: "a lot of people lived like that, during renovation." I said: "no thank you." I think he was trying to gain money for the rest of the repairswinking smiley

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-21 21:45 by LISMM63.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 22, 2005 00:41

usually the 4 seasons hotels in the states,,,just hang out in the lounge,,maybe youll get lucky ..i did

Posted by: tvlover ()
Date: August 4, 2005 17:10

What i have heard is that they will be staying at a Golf resort in Nova Scotia
They will probably be choppered in.
This resort is owned by the owner of a major coffee chain ( Tim Hortons)

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: August 4, 2005 17:30

I HEARD THEY STAY AT RED ROOF INN.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2195
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home