Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mystery Dallas Concert promo!
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 15, 2015 04:54

Can someone here help me solve the mystery of a (1960s probably) radio promo for a Stones concert?

You'll hear all 60 seconds of it here...

[archive.org]

I hear that as Saturday April 16th.

Unfortunately the dates I have for The Rolling Stones in Dallas at about that time 21.Nov.65 - next time was 13.Nov.69

So, what on earth is that Promo all about?

Anyone?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: Mystery Dallas Concert promo!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:19

Pretty strange. Probably from 1966 since that's when April 16th fell on a Saturday. That year they finished their European show on April 5 and didn't apparently start their American tour till June 24th.

I'm guessing it was radio promo for a show that might have been scheduled but got cancelled when the promoters decided to wait a bit and hit a lot more US cities due to the Stones increasing popularity here.

A good double check would be Bill's book Stone Alone, where as I recall he goes into great detail about shows played and plans made during that period.

Good Luck.

peace

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:53

Naturalust

A good double check would be Bill's book Stone Alone, where as I recall he goes into great detail about shows played and plans made during that period.

Good Luck.

peace

Been there. Done that.smiling smiley

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:13

The only other thing I can think of is to check which studios were doing the promos and jingles for the Dallas radio stations in 1966. It was a pretty specialized production process and probably only one or maybe two places were doing it in 1966, it's possible someone can point you to further clues. I do love a good mystery and this certainly qualifies. smoking smiley

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2060
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home