Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mystery Dallas Concert promo!
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 15, 2015 04:54

Can someone here help me solve the mystery of a (1960s probably) radio promo for a Stones concert?

You'll hear all 60 seconds of it here...

[archive.org]

I hear that as Saturday April 16th.

Unfortunately the dates I have for The Rolling Stones in Dallas at about that time 21.Nov.65 - next time was 13.Nov.69

So, what on earth is that Promo all about?

Anyone?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Re: Mystery Dallas Concert promo!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:19

Pretty strange. Probably from 1966 since that's when April 16th fell on a Saturday. That year they finished their European show on April 5 and didn't apparently start their American tour till June 24th.

I'm guessing it was radio promo for a show that might have been scheduled but got cancelled when the promoters decided to wait a bit and hit a lot more US cities due to the Stones increasing popularity here.

A good double check would be Bill's book Stone Alone, where as I recall he goes into great detail about shows played and plans made during that period.

Good Luck.

peace

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 15, 2015 07:53

Naturalust

A good double check would be Bill's book Stone Alone, where as I recall he goes into great detail about shows played and plans made during that period.

Good Luck.

peace

Been there. Done that.smiling smiley

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 15, 2015 08:13

The only other thing I can think of is to check which studios were doing the promos and jingles for the Dallas radio stations in 1966. It was a pretty specialized production process and probably only one or maybe two places were doing it in 1966, it's possible someone can point you to further clues. I do love a good mystery and this certainly qualifies. smoking smiley

peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home