Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pepsi Center Albany
Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 20, 2005 18:55

Does anyone know how sure a thing the concert on 9/17 in Albany is? I have a possibility of booking a ticket on my miles home to SF from Albany but there is only one place left and I have to decide by Friday. If they don't play there I will have to travel 150 miles from NY to get to the airport!!! Of course if they play there I will spend the night in Albany and then jump on the plane. any feedback appreciated. Sarah

Re: Pepsi Center Albany
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 21, 2005 15:06

Sara, see my earlier post under Theatre Shows! I do not think BJ really knows anything for sure at this point but from EVERYTHING I've heard, it looks like added-on arena shows will be in Jan-Feb, not Sept. I share your complete frustration because my plans have come to a stop and it pissed me off! I have to put in for vacation time and can't plus plan the $$ end of it! This whole tour is a nightmare from the financial standpoint for all of us, except the handful of wealthy fans!

Date: July 21, 2005 16:47

I totally agree with you! Let me know if you hear anything and just remember it will all be worthwhile when you hear Keith's first riff and the lights go up!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 21, 2005 17:44

Debra, as you said forall of us it seems we will live in depth once this tour is over. As I do not know our country of residence I suggest you to come over to Europe. I know that a lot of Americans say Europe is expensive, but for US as being tourists in the US and not knowing the secret places it 's also expensive besides the latter of $$$ one spend for Stones Tickets.
I can only say: come to Europe. It's worth the flight. And your reward is very cheap tickets on the day even (not for UK so).
I will go to US the first time and I pay for 7 concerts (each two tickets at an average price) more than double as for 11 concerts in Europe (only the best seats for Front Row and incl. UK) during Licks Tour.
However this will be the last time, baby the last time yes I know...

Date: July 21, 2005 18:17

Are you saying its worth flying over and not even buying tickets in advance, just showing up on the day of the show in Europe? I am English but have been living in California for years and have not seen the Stones in Europe since 1978! How do you get front row at the last minute? Is it because the shows are general admission and you just fight your way to the front? Any info appreciated. I could sure do with a trip to Europe next year and some cheap good Stones tickets. Sarah

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 21, 2005 18:39

sarahunwin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you saying its worth flying over and not even
> buying tickets in advance, just showing up on the
> day of the show in Europe? I am English but have
> been living in California for years and have not
> seen the Stones in Europe since 1978! How do you
> get front row at the last minute? Is it because
> the shows are general admission and you just fight
> your way to the front? Any info appreciated. I
> could sure do with a trip to Europe next year and
> some cheap good Stones tickets. Sarah

they didnt play Europe in 78 - maybe you meant 76

most stadium shows tend to be general admission and there will always be tickets available for outdoor shows somehow

apart from a theatre show, you'll always be able to get a ticket for ANY show if youre patient enough

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: July 21, 2005 19:05

Tickets shall go on sale in first week of August what I've heard.

Gazza, did you ever buy a ticket in the streets in the US and did not get a fake? Not only that I ended with a fake in 98 MSG but also saw enough people crying who didn't made it because they bought fakes. That seems to be a particular issue in the NY area. So I rather would be careful where to buy in NY.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 22, 2005 02:23

Yes Sara, if I hear anything certain, I'll post for all to see!Lodge, I would LOVE to come to Europe to see The Stones and of course to see the sights! If I have any money left, I'll consider it! I do not like Stadium shows though and unless I was assured a great seat, I would be depressed! Funny, I say I hate stadiums but I always end up at a few stadiums every tour!! This time, 2 outdoor Fenway shows and then the Hartford Football stadium! All at the mercy of the elements! The show must go on but what a way to piss away hard earned money! Seeing the Stones in the rain is not my idea of a fun gig!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 22, 2005 02:29

Rain is very depressing, especially if you wear glasses!

Date: July 22, 2005 03:26

In San Francisco it never rains for the Stones, they just keep it at Bay!!

Yes, I guess time flies, Knebworth must have been '76 or was it '77? Sarah

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 22, 2005 08:44

DEBRA and SARA I saw the Stones twice in the rain and it was an outstanding concert.
In 81 in Munich, but Basel in 1990 (first half it rained) it was as heaven came down to earth. OK I was in a traffice jam until 4 o'clock in the morning, because also holiday started, but that was just great.
These days I do prefer small type shows. As Gazza said it is much easier to get access to tickets in Europe than in the States. Out of 7 concerts in the States(/CAD I have only once 7 th row front. For Hollywood I tried 100 times or more to get the most expensive seats, but they never showed up. I think this is all a bit strange how the policy with supplying tickets is handled. I cannot imagine that at sharp 10 AM PDT which is 7 PM CET all 454 USD tickets are gone. There must be a crack in the wall where tickets fall out to brokers. I do not know of anybody who had the chance to get a pair of tickets for Garden or so. Sometimes single ones popped up.

Prices for Stones tickets in Europe are half to one third of the US price. Look it's quite easy. people have much more holidays here in Europe and would like to stretch their money to all different sorts of things. So not a lot of peole are willing to pay such high prices for tickets. YOu can calculate Stadium tickets for about 70-150 USD maximum and arena 90-200 USD. I do not want to talk about theatre shows aswe hav been spoiled the last time.

If you need more information mail me privately.
Do we see us in California???

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home