Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Instant Live? How about the Stones
Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: July 22, 2005 01:30

Alot of bands are doing this format at their shows, I did it for The Allman Brothers band and its great. I received the 3 cd set from the Virginia Beach show last weekend within 30 minutes after the show was over, it cost $25. You have to purchase your ticket before the show starts. Even if you dont want to wait around after the show you can mail in your ticket and they will send it to you. The sound quality is excellent. I would think Mick and the boys could see this as a money maker. Do you think they will do it???

"Is it any wonder that we fuss and fight"

Re: Instant Live? How about the Stones
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: July 22, 2005 02:09

i would love for it to happen - but it doesn't sound like something Mick would allow, given his history of "perfectionism" when it comes to live performance releases. it's definitely proven its mettle with the marketplace...but, alas....

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 22, 2005 09:22

i suggest someone ask Alan Klein what the barriers to this are.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 22, 2005 09:34

T&A you're right. Mick is very picky in these things. Sometimes I have the feeling he would like to have an orchestra behind him, is it to cover his perfection?.. When I think of Crystal Records and the quality you could do a lot with distributing concert CDs instead of making a boring live album with cuts.
So we may again rely on the dusty sources which we receive via sticky roads.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home