Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith's Teeth
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:18

gross

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:22

I have to say, he hasn't gotten much for his money. Those are among the most
unnatural-looking teeth I have ever seen. Too white, too uniform in colour, too opaque, and he appears to have a stained molar next to them highlighting their fakeness.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:24

Sharply observed, Bliss.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 12, 2015 13:28

agreed. Horrible job.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 15:10

Poor Mick... he even applied a diamond to his teeth and still Keef steals the attention with his generic white rack.

Date: May 12, 2015 15:20

I am surprised.

After ruby and emerald, which for obvious reasons he replaced by a diamond, I was under the impression that the Mick had removed that diamond from his tooth already a long time ago. Looking at some later pics now, I seems to me he's still sporting that tooth diamond. Is that really true?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 12, 2015 15:26

Found em.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:07

alieb
donvis
I bet dentures

I'm trying to picture Keith with no teeth... he would literally look like a skeleton

yet skeletons have teeth.

Date: May 12, 2015 16:08

DandelionPowderman
Bliss
Keith and Anita deliberately chose not to restore their teeth once their heroin addiction-lifestyle caused them to rot. They felt that dental maintenance was a bourgeois value. However, he went to Switzerland in 1974 and had a complete dental restoration. (Anita also had her teeth restored; not sure of the date.) I can't imagine how they even put crowns on his deteriorated teeth. So maybe he was fitted with dentures. Now I imagine he has implants, which are like real teeth.

Heroin doesn't make your teeth rot alone.

quite true, they rot in unison.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:24

bitusa2012

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually[/quote]

Then how didn't you know the answer to your own question??[/quote]

I actually don't remember any mention of dentures or implants or anything like that in Life. Maybe I'm just forgetting

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:35

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Bliss

No... it's kinda like "weaving"...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-12 16:37 by schillid.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:42

dead.flowers
What a hilarious topic again, next only to Keith's Hair or Keith's Ear Gear.

Ear gear?!?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:45

Adrian-L
dead.flowers

Ear gear?!?

hooks n feathers and whatnot

Date: May 12, 2015 16:46

stones2000
bitusa2012

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually

I actually don't remember any mention of dentures or implants or anything like that in Life. Maybe I'm just forgetting[/quote]

good gawd, there's an entire chapter devoted to various body parts, teeth, genitals...um...oh, I think that's all actually.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:48

Nikkei
Adrian-L
dead.flowers

Ear gear?!?

hooks n feathers and whatnot

ahh yes...thanks for the clarification, miss those heady days

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 12, 2015 16:55

Shark's teeth, ear gear...
*I* see the connection.

Date: May 12, 2015 17:39

Adrian-L

Ear gear?!?

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 12, 2015 17:55

treaclefingers
alieb
donvis
I bet dentures

I'm trying to picture Keith with no teeth... he would literally look like a skeleton

yet skeletons have teeth.

Not ones with dentures

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 12, 2015 18:47

Bliss
Keith and Anita deliberately chose not to restore their teeth once their heroin addiction caused them to rot. They felt that dental maintenance was a bourgeois value. However, he went to Switzerland in 1974 and had a complete dental restoration. (Anita also had her teeth restored; not sure of the date.) I can't imagine how they even put crowns on his deteriorated teeth. So maybe he was fitted with dentures. Now I imagine he has implants, which are like real teeth.

Haha....presumably becoming a tax exile isnt classed as bourgeois value, then.

Date: May 12, 2015 19:00

treaclefingers
stones2000
bitusa2012

Ah, ok! Thank you for the great answer. I finished reading life a few weeks ago, actually

Then how didn't you know the answer to your own question??

I actually don't remember any mention of dentures or implants or anything like that in Life. Maybe I'm just forgetting[/quote]

good gawd, there's an entire chapter devoted to various body parts, teeth, genitals...um...oh, I think that's all actually.[/quote]

Yes, but does he mention dentures or implants or any fixing of his teeth?

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:13

There is a video on the net somewhere which shows an old woman attempting to blow out the candles on her 100th birthday.
Unfortunately, she hasn't enough puff to blow them out, but instead manages to unleash her dentures over the table.
Could be Keith in twenty years time.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 12, 2015 22:29

stones2000
treaclefingers
stones2000
bitusa2012

I actually don't remember any mention of dentures or implants or anything like that in Life. Maybe I'm just forgetting

good gawd, there's an entire chapter devoted to various body parts, teeth, genitals...um...oh, I think that's all actually.[/quote]

Yes, but does he mention dentures or implants or any fixing of his teeth?[/quote]

He does. My recollection is he specifically says that as a heroin addict he didn't take the time to brush his teeth and let his dental health go to hell, and had to get "repairs". Not that brushing his teeth would have necessarily helped with the amount of drugs he was consuming.....I recall it being somewhere in the middle of the book where he talks about his routine as an addict...up in the morning, down to the kitchen to get a spoon, another shot around the elevenses. The fact that his teeth were already deteriorating in 1973 and he stayed a junkie for another 5 or 6 years pretty much guaranteed his teeth would be one of the casualties.

peace

Date: May 12, 2015 22:36

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
Bliss
Keith and Anita deliberately chose not to restore their teeth once their heroin addiction-lifestyle caused them to rot. They felt that dental maintenance was a bourgeois value. However, he went to Switzerland in 1974 and had a complete dental restoration. (Anita also had her teeth restored; not sure of the date.) I can't imagine how they even put crowns on his deteriorated teeth. So maybe he was fitted with dentures. Now I imagine he has implants, which are like real teeth.

Perhaps, but mainly because of bad hygiene, not heroin.

Date: May 12, 2015 23:11

Naturalust
stones2000
treaclefingers
stones2000
bitusa2012

good gawd, there's an entire chapter devoted to various body parts, teeth, genitals...um...oh, I think that's all actually.

Yes, but does he mention dentures or implants or any fixing of his teeth?[/quote]

He does. My recollection is he specifically says that as a heroin addict he didn't take the time to brush his teeth and let his dental health go to hell, and had to get "repairs". Not that brushing his teeth would have necessarily helped with the amount of drugs he was consuming.....I recall it being somewhere in the middle of the book where he talks about his routine as an addict...up in the morning, down to the kitchen to get a spoon, another shot around the elevenses. The fact that his teeth were already deteriorating in 1973 and he stayed a junkie for another 5 or 6 years pretty much guaranteed his teeth would be one of the casualties.

peace[/quote]

Thanks! Oh right I do remember that part now

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 12, 2015 23:11

Really, it is the reduction of saliva that precipitates dental loss, although poor hygiene accelerates it.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:34

The only way heroin is ruining your teeth is by not brushing them, or puking.

I would say coke, with grinding your teeth, is worse.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 13, 2015 01:57

MingSubu
The only way heroin is ruining your teeth is by not brushing them, or puking.

I would say coke, with grinding your teeth, is worse.

Well it's a fair assumption that Keith combined the two quite frequently. I can only imagine that the heroin helped prevent the grinding teeth syndrome. I've seen Keith, Ronnie and Mick all look pretty wired before but never actually seen them with the jaw twitching, teeth grinding look I've witnessed in others who are "gacked to the nines" as Steven Tyler puts it. smoking smiley

peace

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 13, 2015 02:23

stones2000
bitusa2012

In my experience it was/is easy to forget things from that book...odd little passages stand out in my mind to this day, and are quite good...but a big chunk of it is so forgettable it takes other parts with it...at least for me. I guess it was just snippets of interviews stitched together, so not too surprising.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 13, 2015 03:05

It has been years since reading Life. I do remember him mentioning his teeth. But did he go into detail, like if they were implants, crowns, etc? From what I remember, he didn't go into much detail.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 13, 2015 03:27

Periodically he brings out the joke about how his teeth miraculously grew back. I think that's in Life, too!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home