Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Make Ronnie Sing One, He's Been Good!
Posted by: TerrifyingLove ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:00

I have been lurking around here for years, but finally decided to post something myself.

I love to read about setlist requests and what people want to hear this time around on tour, and it got me thinking.....what would I request?

I noticed that at the end of the last leg of the current tour that Keith was now singing three songs a night for his piece, and I thought wouldn,t it be cool if they let(made) Ronnie sing one. Ronnie has a substantial body of solo work and is a great singer in his own right. I'm sure I probably have it wrong but I heard that when Ronnie was asked to join the Stones, he said "I've got my own album to do" and they all said "where and when" and that Ronnie's first album is nearly a Stones album except that he sings every song on the record that has words. SO........

There it is folks, my request.... I would like to hear Ronnie Wood sing "I Can Feel The Fire" from the album "I've got my own album to do" after Keith gets his piece in. maybe Mick could come back out early and sing his piece of the song too. go listen to the song, Mick and the boys are all over it! great reggae track!

What do you all think?

If this thread has been done to death elsewhere, sorry and please disregard.

Now back to lurking, thanks for listening!!!!

Re: Make Ronnie Sing One, He's Been Good!
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:04

Great first post! And a reasonable idea, there's really no harm to let him try.
The point should be raised to Mick by someone else than Ronnie himself though smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:08

Excellent idea! But can Ronnie still sing and play at the same time? grinning smiley

peace

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 23:35

Ronnie's first album is great, but he does not, and has never had a great voice. Not only should Ronnie never be allowed near a mic on a Stones stage, but Keith's solo slot should be cut down to one song!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:17

Please God, no.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:32

71Tele
Please God, no.

71Tele says it all. First, Ronnie may be the only human on the planet that sings worse than either Keith or me. Second, why let him do a solo number during a Stones set. Last time that was done (that I know of) was Billy Preston in 1975?

WE should all just hope Ronnie shows up and can play decent leads or fill in for Keith when he is off.

My best hope (though it will never happen) if for Taylor to return full time and just play lead, with Ronnie and Keith on Rhythm or Keith on rhythm and Ronnie on bass.

But hey, nice discussion starter with your post.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:32

strat72
Ronnie's first album is great, but he does not, and has never had a great voice. Not only should Ronnie never be allowed near a mic on a Stones stage, but Keith's solo slot should be cut down to one song!

4 demerits
Your lack of faith is disturbing

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:47

TerrifyingLove
I have been lurking around here for years, but finally decided to post something myself.

I love to read about setlist requests and what people want to hear this time around on tour, and it got me thinking.....what would I request?

I noticed that at the end of the last leg of the current tour that Keith was now singing three songs a night for his piece, and I thought wouldn,t it be cool if they let(made) Ronnie sing one. Ronnie has a substantial body of solo work and is a great singer in his own right. I'm sure I probably have it wrong but I heard that when Ronnie was asked to join the Stones, he said "I've got my own album to do" and they all said "where and when" and that Ronnie's first album is nearly a Stones album except that he sings every song on the record that has words. SO........

There it is folks, my request.... I would like to hear Ronnie Wood sing "I Can Feel The Fire" from the album "I've got my own album to do" after Keith gets his piece in. maybe Mick could come back out early and sing his piece of the song too. go listen to the song, Mick and the boys are all over it! great reggae track!

What do you all think?

Great idea, which song do you think might be a good one for Ronnie to be out front and center? And dont just lurk, jump in and have some fun, the more good people who post the better things will be.

Posted by: Snoopy ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:58

Agree, I've always liked this idea.

"Breaking My Heart" or "We All Get Old" since other Stones are all over those tracks anyway. Good tunes!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 11, 2015 02:30

Why not play this one .......he written the song with Rod,........ although not the best singers I think this will fit him......... backup by Mick

or

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 11, 2015 03:25

I was just thinking today it would be refreshing if they had Keith do The Harder They Fall and then follow up with Ronnie doing Maggie Mae or Seven Days.

Listen to Gimme Some Neck again... Mick, Keith and Charlie all over it...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 11, 2015 03:45

...yup...great idea...RW should get a song....and more writing credits if they ever record again..love his solo material...great grooves.

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 11, 2015 03:47

I would want them to make this in addition to the normal show,
I would not want to lose a Stones song... but for fun, do the
2 Keith songs... and then Keith takes a breather and Ronnie plays one of his...

It would certainly mix things up... but facts be known a Ronnie song at
a Stones show will never ever happen in a zillion gabillion trillion years...
not a chance.... but it would be fun... I like Ronnie, he is freekin awesome

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-11 03:53 by Leonioid.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: May 11, 2015 03:51

Ronnie just executive produced a movie "Winter" about an alcoholic father, and he released a book but you won't hear about any of that here. He's a busy guy.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 11, 2015 04:24

Ronnie and Keith together..if Bobby were still alive...would've been perfect...

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TerrifyingLove ()
Date: May 11, 2015 14:53

SweetThing

Listen to Gimme Some Neck again...

amazingly, I just did. "breakin my heart" is just great!!
wish they would have play that one live on their New Barbs tour in 79.
played a large chunk of it though

cheers!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:04

Naturalust
Excellent idea! But can Ronnie still sing and play at the same time? grinning smiley

peace

Anyone that was at Ronnie's show in the Royal Albert Hall for his tribute to Jimmy Reed will confirm that IF the song is right for him, his voice is well capable of doing justice to it. In that respect, IF he were to be given a slot for just one song in a Stones show, they (the band) could do a lot worse than make sure it was a Jimmy Reed tune ... if only for the fact that they themselves covered a fair bit of Jimmy Reed stuff when they were starting out and were essentially a covers band.

Anyone agree ? personally, I'd love to see it ...... if I ever see them again that is. Am not going to any N America shows, hoping for S America later in the year and/or London in due course.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:16

TerrifyingLove

What do you all think?

Great Idea!!! Would love see Ronnie singing a tune at London 2016 shows!!hot smiley
jeroen

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 11, 2015 15:36

The idea doesn't excite me at all.

What next?

Charlie plays a jazz standard from one of his own with Bernard on lead vocals?

I would like some Wood on bu vocals though. For some strange reason, his voice and Bernard's blend very well.

C

Date: May 11, 2015 15:42

paulywaul
Naturalust

peace

Anyone that was at Ronnie's show in the Royal Albert Hall for his tribute to Jimmy Reed will confirm that IF the song is right for him, his voice is well capable of doing justice to it. In that respect, IF he were to be given a slot for just one song in a Stones show, they (the band) could do a lot worse than make sure it was a Jimmy Reed tune ... if only for the fact that they themselves covered a fair bit of Jimmy Reed stuff when they were starting out and were essentially a covers band.

Anyone agree ? personally, I'd love to see it ...... if I ever see them again that is. Am not going to any N America shows, hoping for S America later in the year and/or London in due course.

That's a good idea, Pauly.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:01

very doubtful Ronnie will be singing..

most likely there won't be any Maggies or Stay With Me's, nor Keith doing any Harder They Comes..

its big business and play it all safe as possible.

btw, since when is having a great voice necessary in rock and roll.

love Ronnie's vocals! but it would be a great surprise if he sang anything on this tour. and great surprises most likely will be hard to come by.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:07

this is a great idea that will unfortunately never happen.

and cut Keith back to 1 song while we're at it please!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:16

IF they would ever let him sing lead (and I see no reason for that), it would be a good idea to do something like a J.Reed tune.
No Faces/Steward stuff for shure.

BTW. The early Faces were such a great little band.
Just watch them at the Marquee in 1970 and better not compare it to the Stones show there. And wasn't Ronnie a good player then?

I've seen the Faces and Humble Pie in those years.Both were real hot live bands.

Date: May 11, 2015 16:17

treaclefingers

But he still gets to sing two?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:29

I don't really think it's a good idea since even at his solo show he usually lets other people do the singing on a lot of / most of the songs. And I guess he has reasons for doing it that way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-11 16:29 by slewan.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:30

Munichhilton
treaclefingers

sure, as long as he's lip syncing the second song.

Date: May 11, 2015 16:30

slewan
I don't really think it's a good idea since even at his solo show he usually lets other people do the singing on a lot of / most of the songs. And I guess he has reasons for doing it that way

He will be doing that here as well? winking smiley

I think he sang all the Jimmy Reed tunes himself on the shows, didn't he?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:39

TerrifyingLove

What do you all think?

Sure he's the one you need? winking smiley

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 11, 2015 16:49

We have the best singer and performer in the worlds on stage. And who is the singer on 95 percent of their material.
Why put him aside and let a mediocre singer do the job?
I don't even like the idea let Ronnie sing an old cover.

Date: May 11, 2015 16:52

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers

sure, as long as he's lip syncing the second song.

...the bitch keeps bitchin'...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1796
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home