Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

snippet from next dvd marquee 71 (rambler)
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:06

hi,

a snippet as an appetizer for the next DVD 71 marquee, midnite rabmler ...

[www.youtube.com]

Re: snippet from next dvd marquee 71 (rambler)
Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:16

Sounds great. The instrument separation is fantastic. And Mick's vocals is exactly were it should be in the mix.

The only disappointment is the somewhat dry sound, a bit more ''noise'' if there was any from lower back in the place would have made the performance come alive.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 03:17 by EasterMan.

Posted by: Sacke ()
Date: May 10, 2015 03:21

EasterMan
Sounds great. The instrument separation is fantastic. And Mick's vocals is exactly were it should be in the mix.

The only disappointment is the somewhat dry sound, a bit more ''noise'' if there was any from lower back in the place would have made the performance come alive.

And I miss some hi-hat...

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: May 10, 2015 04:01

so short!

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 10, 2015 12:36

Good one

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: May 10, 2015 12:42

Cute grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-10 13:39 by desertblues68.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 10, 2015 13:38

Fantastic audio here.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: May 10, 2015 14:05

Hate the clean guitars...

bring back 1969!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 10, 2015 14:10

Thanks for posting this. And the best part of the performance still has to come! A big audio and video improvement.

Love the clean guitars, just before the bluesy soloing starts. Then the dryness is over. Building it up ...

Date: May 10, 2015 14:17

Sorry kleerie...the clean guitars suck as does the performance.
Once again..can the Stones release something we have never heard? Brighton 1971?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 10, 2015 14:26

Eleanor Rigby
Sorry kleerie...the clean guitars suck as does the performance.
Once again..can the Stones release something we have never heard? Brighton 1971?

Still I love this way of playing. No need of two YaYa's versions.

But I agree one never can get enough from the 69 - 73 tours, this time the 70 and 71 ones involved.

Date: May 10, 2015 14:54

It is interesting how the band change their sound over the years..
yep..even though marquee is ordinary im still looking forward to the release.
I got the blues is worth every dollar!!!!

Date: May 10, 2015 15:03

They have tweaked Keith's sound a little digitally it seems.

Still, this gig shows how important it is for guitar players to have adjusted a sound they're comfortable with.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 10, 2015 21:30

EasterMan

Have you ever been to the Marquee? It was not a concert hall, but a tiny little club, so a dryer sound was the right way to go for the remix process. It reflects the general sound at the Marquee as I remember it quite quell, IMHO.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 10, 2015 21:56

kleermaker
Thanks for posting this. And the best part of the performance still has to come! A big audio and video improvement.

Love the clean guitars, just before the bluesy soloing starts. Then the dryness is over. Building it up ...

+1.
I love guitars' sound of 1971 tour.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:18

At that time, I think the Stones were kind of used to playing rather large places with their big Ampeg amps, and when they went inside a small club like the Marquee they simply played at lower volume, hence the clean sound. (Another similar example is Cream playing Sunshine of Your Love at the Smothers Brothers show in '68 ... those Marshalls not cranked to eleven and not a fuzz box in sight.)

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 11, 2015 01:24

alimente
EasterMan

Have you ever been to the Marquee? It was not a concert hall, but a tiny little club, so a dryer sound was the right way to go for the remix process. It reflects the general sound at the Marquee as I remember it quite quell, IMHO.

Regardless of the size of the venue, no concert will sound completely dry, since all rooms have some kind of natural reverb, one single microphone lower back in the place, to get some kind of realistic reverb would have eliminated the dry sound this release seem to have.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-11 01:24 by EasterMan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2403
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home