Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LA / SD Record Stores?
Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 7, 2015 00:59

What Record/CD stores can anyone recommend in LA or San Diego that may have some Stones items?
Rockaway in LA is the only one I'm currently familiar with.

Best Buys are doing a SF special pack. Anyone else?

Thanks.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Re: LA / SD Record Stores?
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:19

Here ya go Foxy ... this might be of help to ya ...

[www.laweekly.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:22

in Los Angeles go to Ameoba on sunset bld between vine and chauenga it huge and they have everything under the sun.... also vinyl...even old cassetes and 8 trcks dvd's and vhs upstairs
lots of vintage stuff posters too make a list before you go in though...they have a new side and a used side for the cd's millions of great deals
Ameoba website click here
check out this video tour of the store (also the employees are like experts each employee has their own are af expertise)
Video tour of Ameoba click here

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 01:26 by benroyblenkle.

Date: May 7, 2015 01:23

Rockman

[www.laweekly.com]

Thanks mate :-)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:31

I'll come back home poorer, I guess. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: benroyblenkle ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:31

in Los Angeles go to Ameoba on sunset bld between vine and chauenga it huge and they have everything under the sun.... also vinyl...even old cassetes and 8 trcks dvd's and vhs upstairs
lots of vintage stuff posters too make a list before you go in though...they have a new side and a used side for the cd's millions of great deals

check out this video tour of the store (also the employees are like experts each employee has their own are af expertise)
Ameoba website link

thumbs upVideo tour of Ameoba link

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 7, 2015 01:33

rcfoxy
Rockman

[www.laweekly.com]

Thanks mate :-)

and if you visit No. 1 on the list, have lunch at Pinocchio's just a few blocks down the street!

Date: May 7, 2015 02:44

Thanks for all the LA tips guys. So any stores in San Diego worth checking out too?

Cheers

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: May 7, 2015 04:04

I agree with the others about visiting Amoeba Records on Sunset. It's definitely worth a good long browse.

In San Diego, my favorite is Record City in Hillcrest. (3757 6th Ave. btw Robinson and Evans)
They're not gigantic like Amoeba but they have a good selection of used vinyl and they also stock vinyl re-issues. I like the staff there too.

There is also Off The Record in North Park (2912 University Ave btw 29th and 30th). They used to have three stores and a huge selection, now they're just one and it's smaller. It's only a few miles from Record City so I usually do both in one vinyl shopping day.

Lou's Records in Encinitas (434 N. Coast Hwy 101) used to be a favorite of mine, but they also consolidated their space and the selection isn't what it used to be. It's a longer drive for me too, so I seldom go there anymore.
It's north of San Diego and it wouldn't be out of the way if you're driving from L.A. on Hwy 5.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 04:06 by likecats.

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: May 7, 2015 04:09

rcfoxy
What Record/CD stores can anyone recommend in LA or San Diego that may have some Stones items?

Thanks.

Woah now, what is this Best Buy SF pack you speak of?

Date: May 7, 2015 04:21

ThumpinJackFlash
rcfoxy

Thanks.

This one:

[www.bestbuy.com]

Cheers

Posted by: ThumpinJackFlash ()
Date: May 7, 2015 04:31

rcfoxy
ThumpinJackFlash
rcfoxy

Thanks.

This one:

[www.bestbuy.com]

Thanks mate!

- ThumpinJack
"Gold rings on ya'!"

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 7, 2015 09:21

Glad to see L.A. actually still got stores for second hand vinyl. When I was in New York a few years ago and would chase Frank Sinatra LPs 1954-1983 I found not a single one! In New York? In Stockholm's second hand stores, it took me a year and a half to get hold of all of them. So L.A and San Diego and second hand vinyl for Stones-records...Good hunting luck anyway foxy!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: ozstonesfan ()
Date: May 9, 2015 02:52

Richard looking forward to hearing of your vinyl shopping experience in LA and SD. Give me a heads up if you need info while on tour! Cheers Andrew

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 9, 2015 08:32

[www.yelp.com]

For those who visit in Los Angeles, this is a little off the beaten path (almost 25 miles northwest of downtown Los Angeles), but you can ocasionally find some intereting stuff here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home