Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 2015 Ice Hockey World Championships
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 14, 2015 21:58

We beat Belarus 9-0! Now we face the winner of Finland/Czechs. Ovechkin will help the Russians. Just don't make any guarantees like he did for the Capitals in Game 7 vs Rangers!

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: May 15, 2015 00:08

leftybill
The only team that has a chance to beat Canada is Sweden. All others are playing for bronze.

Yeah, I wouldn't get too confident, by any means. Canada has choked in the medal rounds in this tournament the last few years. I'd say Sweden, Russia, USA, Czechs, as well as Canada, all have a good shot. I'm glad Sweden is playing Russia so one of them will be knocked out. I'm guessing Ovechkin will be motivated after their poor showing at the Olympics last year and his unfulfilled guaranteed win last night. Kudos to him for heading straight over for this tournament, though, when most players would take a pass after two gruelling rounds of the playoffs and a long season.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 15, 2015 00:19

Suddenly I lost interest in all this....

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: May 15, 2015 00:20

Jaromir Jagr!!!

Date: May 15, 2015 11:42

Well, 3 penalities in a row and so-so goaltending isn't the best way to start out against Russia. We managed to turn 0-3 to 3-3 however with 6 minutes to go. An unlucky own goal 23 seconds
after that settled the score and Russia managed to win with 5-3. The last goal in an open net. Here are the semifinals due for tomorrow, both in Prague (local time):

- 15:15 Canada-Czechia
- 19:15 USA - Russia

My guess: I think Canada will win against Czechia even though Czechia has the advantage of home ice. USA and Russia will more of an open affair. Russia often has a hard time against USA.
But Russia will be favourites. And a final between the two greats, Canada and Russia, would be more tempting for most people.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: May 15, 2015 17:19

It surprises me, Byelorussia actually beat the USA in this tournament

[www.scoresway.com]

I feel bad that a team would get defeated so badly as Belarus yesterday, they need to have a mercy rule.

Date: May 16, 2015 14:18

Two hours to go! First out: Czechia against Canada. Jagr or Crosby? A huge game in Czechia this. Needless to say. Who do you think will win?

Date: May 16, 2015 17:56

The Russian referee stole a goal from Czechia! A very important goal since Czechia trails with 0-2. One period to go. Time for Czechia to go all in or lose this game...

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 18:22

2-0......Well done Canada!!!

Date: May 16, 2015 18:43

Yes, congrats to Canada. I hope bronze for Czechs. Canada is the best team this year.

Date: May 16, 2015 21:12

Stoneage
The Russian referee stole a goal from Czechia! A very important goal since Czechia trails with 0-2. One period to go. Time for Czechia to go all in or lose this game...

What happened? Didn't see it, too early in the morning here. Disallowed goal?

Okay, I just watched the highlights. I would agree the Czechs got burned on that disallowed goal.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 21:18 by andrewm.

Date: May 17, 2015 10:26

Ovetjkin against Crosby, Russia against Canada - a dream final tonite! Forget the NHL, this is the real deal! Team Canada will be favourites.
Perhaps not as stylish as the Russians can be but very skillful with passes and shots where it counts. Time and place (local time):

- 20:45, O2 Arena Prague: Canada - Russia

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 17, 2015 16:45

Stoneage
Ovetjkin against Crosby, Russia against Canada - a dream final tonite! Forget the NHL, this is the real deal! Team Canada will be favourites.
Perhaps not as stylish as the Russians can be but very skillful with passes and shots where it counts. Time and place (local time):

Should be a classic! The crowd should be interesting...presumably the Czechs will be rooting for Canada but with a lot of Russian supporters in the building. Anyone know how big a deal this game is in Prague? Are people talking about it?

Date: May 17, 2015 22:49

Canada!!!

Date: May 17, 2015 23:57

Wow, definitely expected a closer game than that. Way to go, red!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 18, 2015 00:23

Stoneage

Congrats to Canada, statistcally the most dominant team we've sent. As in previous years, alot of Canadians declined the invitation due to the long NHL season. Game wasn't even close! Undefeated in the whole tournament going 10-0 . As far as forget the NHL, this is the real deal, not in Canada. To Canadians, this tournament is a consolation to your NHL team either not making the playoffs or getting knocked out in the first round. I think this tournament has alot more meaning to European players. Congrats to Captain Sydney Crosby for now winning this tournament as well as Olympic Gold and a Stanley Cup, one of only a handful of players to achieve this.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2015 03:31

Congtatulations to Canada!

Bjornulf

Date: May 18, 2015 03:37

thumbs upsmileys with beer
Thanks bv...are you a hockey fan?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 18, 2015 04:16

palerider22
thumbs upsmileys with beer
Thanks bv...are you a hockey fan?

Sure I am a hockey fan. They built one of the few ice hockey rinks right next to my school in Asker. I went to every game from before I got my first Sticky Fingers album, may be in 1970. Still have seats there permanently. Our local team Frisk Asker have been top four many seasons and they have won the gold medal in Norway several times. When my kids were like 6-7 years old they all started playing hockey for my team, even my daughter, I was a coach and I do actually have a gold medal (NM) in ice hockey myself, from one year coaching (not on the ice but on the bench). Norwegian Championship gold that is.

These days I am enjoying our own team player Zuccarello #36 with the Rangers, he got a head injury recently, but he might be back soon on the ice, if the Rangers are hanging in there through the semi finals. Zuccarello played for my team before he went to Sweden and then NHL... He was #36 even in our team.

Bjornulf

Date: May 18, 2015 05:20

That's a cool story bv...As a Canadian I can tell you have another passion besides our favorite band! I hope Zuccarello comes back soon. I'm cheering for the Rangers and they're going to need him to go all the way...

Date: May 18, 2015 12:46

First of all, congratulations to Team Canada! Their first gold since 2007 and first medal since 2009. Maybe the best Team Canada in the WC ever? Someone calculated the net worth
of the team to about 50 percent higher than any NHL team. Russians were a disappointment though. Ever since the days of the Soviet Union they seem to lack a game plan.
Individually, they are brilliant. But when they are pressured they go for the long passes and solo-skating.

Secondly, congratulations to the Czechian host of the tournament. Excellent games in excellent surrroundings. And 741 690 people in attendance is a new WC record.

Date: May 18, 2015 22:16

Big thanks to Jaromir Jagr. He is true legend and real Mr.Czech Hockey. In his age - he was the best czech player on tournament. Thank you Jaromir and I wish you succes with Florida Panthers next season.

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 18, 2015 23:38

Most of Russia's hockey team left the ice before the short ceremony was over and before the national anthem of winning team Canada was played. Only about 6 Russian players stayed. Very disrespectful. IIHF thinking about sanctions.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 19, 2015 08:39

The important thing is to take each player in the hand and thank him for the game when it is finished, and then stand lined up and listen to the winners ' national anthem. Some other ceremonies have the losing team no obligation to participate in as far as I know or have Heard about. Why did 6 players stayed?

2 1 2 0

Date: May 19, 2015 11:19

latvianinexile
Most of Russia's hockey team left the ice before the short ceremony was over and before the national anthem of winning team Canada was played. Only about 6 Russian players stayed. Very disrespectful. IIHF thinking about sanctions.

[www.youtube.com]

That's sad.

Date: May 19, 2015 13:06

I'm sure the result came as a shock to the Russians. They are not used to being outclassed like this. (As I'm sure Canada wasn't prepared to lose with 8-1 back in 1981 (Canada Cup final in Montreal Forum). It seems to me that Team Russias coaches and the KHL (Russian hockey league) has something to work on. Russian hockey has lost influence ever since the fall of the Soviet Union. But being totally outclassed in a final is something new to them. In a way I'm glad Viktor Tichonov (the coach) didn't live to see this degradation.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home