Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bigger Bang Boots
Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 19:41

Hey what's the best BB boot soundboard preferably

Thanks

Re: Bigger Bang Boots
Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 5, 2015 19:46

Light the Fuse?

Posted by: philrock90 ()
Date: May 5, 2015 19:57

I've got that I actually forgot that one haha

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 5, 2015 20:04

Wrong forum, go to hot stuff.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 5, 2015 21:38

That's a good question. Light The Fuse would be great but unfortunately the bass is way too loud and the guitars are very thin. Great show though! ABB was one of those tours where it was far more fun to attend than listen back to the gigs. Sound mix varied from competent to horrendous from show to show. Copacabana was probably the most fun, to me, as a viewer.

Date: May 5, 2015 21:51

flacnvinyl
ABB was one of those tours where it was far more fun to attend than listen back to the gigs. Sound mix varied from competent to horrendous from show to show.

You can say that again. The concert in Hannover 19/6/06 had the audience stunned by the unbelievable volume. Some were physically uncomfortable to the point of puking.
It got better during the show, but listening to the boot brings that scary feeling back: [picosong.com]

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: May 5, 2015 22:09

Nikkei
flacnvinyl
ABB was one of those tours where it was far more fun to attend than listen back to the gigs. Sound mix varied from competent to horrendous from show to show.

You can say that again. The concert in Hannover 19/6/06 had the audience stunned by the unbelievable volume. Some were physically uncomfortable to the point of puking.
It got better during the show, but listening to the boot brings that scary feeling back: [picosong.com]

This is a FANTASTIC JJF, absolutely!!!

This is the kind of volume Stones music is supposed to be played!

C

Date: May 5, 2015 22:55

Well, if you like the floor shaking...
But some of the older folks seriously could have swooned if they kept it up on that level. Mind you, it was also freakin hot that day.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: May 5, 2015 23:15

liddas
Nikkei
flacnvinyl

This is a FANTASTIC JJF, absolutely!!!

This is the kind of volume Stones music is supposed to be played!

C

I really liked this JFF, is the rest of the concert as good?
If it is I will seek out this boot.

Date: May 5, 2015 23:25

It's a good show, it has As Tears Go By, Night Time and a very strong Rambler. Streets of Love with great sounding moments IMO.
For this show my sister and I got the SMS upgrade for on-stage seats, but we realized too late and couldn't get up there.
We were however allowed to stay up front, so it was an upgrade anyway.

[www.iorr.org]

I found several in the 2006 Tour Archive, the best one is "Guten Abend Hannover"

Date: May 5, 2015 23:31

philrock90
Hey what's the best BB boot soundboard preferably

Thanks

Hi philrock90, I see someone already directed you to the 2006 Archive Thread. I'm working to mark which recordings are soundboard over the next few months, as well as posting YouTube videos of shows (when able). Hope you find a good show, and please leave feedback on the thread if you come across any issues. smiling smiley

Date: May 5, 2015 23:39

Didn't come across any issues on there, but I have to say BeforeTheyMakeMeRun's concert directory is a great thing.
But I wondered why only few good recordings seem to exist of the 2014 tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 00:39 by Nikkei.

Date: May 6, 2015 05:41

Nikkei
Didn't come across any issues on there, but I have to say BeforeTheyMakeMeRun's concert directory is a great thing.

The issue is effort. In years past there was an attitude of 'anything could' happen. Now, after the first show of the tour we know what will happen. Tapers have a very good reason to bring not their gear to the show... half the audience is filming on their phones. Why would I bother to record the gig in pristine audio, when I am the only one who will enjoy it, and I have to sacrifice 'getting into' the gig, and instead just have to listen instead of singing along and partying? Just my two cents ofcourse.

2005-2006 was a very fun tour. I enjoyed all the gigs I attended, especially Louisville and Atlanta. Wonderful gigs. Atlanta the entire band was on fire and it marks one of my favorite Stones gigs that I have seen in person. No soundboard though.

Date: May 6, 2015 06:14

You are right, the market for professional bootlegs must be pretty dire with rarely anyone buying CDs anymore.
Now I feel somehow bad for all the stuff I've been downloading, it's not simply excused like sticking it to the major record companies.
And while phone videos sure are nice for revisiting particular memories, the sound on those is awful and we even get used to it.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 6, 2015 08:32

flacnvinyl
ABB was one of those tours where it was far more fun to attend than listen back to the gigs.

That is arguable. The ABB gig in Brno was one of the better ones (considering it was in 2007), but not spectacular and I quite like the boot I have. The Berlin boot of the ABB show I attended is mediocre though. What I don't get is that the 2 shows I attended in 2014 (Berlin and Vienna) were absolutely great (with great sound at the venue) and the boots I have are unlistenable. I don't understand how is it possible that in 2014 nobody in such huge crowds made a good recording (or didn't make it public)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 08:34 by Happy24.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: May 6, 2015 08:41

flacnvinyl
The issue is effort. In years past there was an attitude of 'anything could' happen. Now, after the first show of the tour we know what will happen. Tapers have a very good reason to bring not their gear to the show... half the audience is filming on their phones. Why would I bother to record the gig in pristine audio, when I am the only one who will enjoy it, and I have to sacrifice 'getting into' the gig, and instead just have to listen instead of singing along and partying? Just my two cents ofcourse.

Ha, ha, I see you have already answered my question from the previous post. You are partly right, but first I think that a lot of people would really enjoy good recordings - I would and I am sure you would too, and from a lot of "big" concerts there are multicam video bootlegs with good sound soon after the gigs. It is really somehow specific about those recent Rolling Stones shows, that there age no good bootlegs. The higher average age of the audience might have something to do with it, but there is a lot of people of all ages at every gig, so I don't know really.

Date: May 6, 2015 10:05

The 2 best recordings are probably Atlantic City from November 17th,2006 and Stuttgart from August 3rd,2006.

Glasgow from August 25th,2006 is not bad. University of Virginia from October,2005. Buenos Aires 2006. Saitama 2006. Oakland .... November 6th,2006.

Saint Paul,Minnesota from early on in the tour is alright but a notch below the other seven.

I could be missing some. It's been some time.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 6, 2015 17:11

The Japanese Monitor mixes are good,especially Saitama

sc uk

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 6, 2015 17:49

flacnvinyl
Nikkei

2005-2006 was a very fun tour. I enjoyed all the gigs I attended, especially Louisville and Atlanta. Wonderful gigs. Atlanta the entire band was on fire and it marks one of my favorite Stones gigs that I have seen in person. No soundboard though.

These are absolutely the reasons. I have a Sony D50 that's taped many fine moments but I'd hate to lose it at a modern day Stones show. It's not worth the effort at all. Not only do you never listen back to it, but ten other people will make tapes that night that you can also easily not listen to...

But I'm told I WILL be taping 5.S.O.S. in Dallas for a certain short person around the place...risky, but I can use the much cheaper PCM-M10.

I think the D50 may be retired

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 8, 2015 18:28

Houston and Memphis are nice sounding Boots from ABB tour.

Date: May 8, 2015 19:43

@Munichhilton - Go for it! I have 6th row for Nashville and I know I'll be right under the PA stacks. Whether I bring a portable rig or just hit record on my phone and let it go for 2 hours, I don't know.. but I am heavily considering it. The determining factor for me is really what they do with the setlist. Same stuff again, I'll pass on recording and just enjoy the show.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: May 8, 2015 20:21

The Japanese boots are the best of the lot in my opinion as well. Can't say the same for most of the rest.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 8, 2015 20:25

flacnvinyl
@Munichhilton - Go for it! I have 6th row for Nashville and I know I'll be right under the PA stacks. Whether I bring a portable rig or just hit record on my phone and let it go for 2 hours, I don't know.. but I am heavily considering it. The determining factor for me is really what they do with the setlist. Same stuff again, I'll pass on recording and just enjoy the show.

I've never seen CYHMK live yet...nor MM...but still why would I bother?
What song would bring you outta retirement?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: May 8, 2015 22:46

I have this box set and I believe they are all SB recordings

[www.giginjapan.com]

Don't have this one and don't know if they are SB's or just excellent audience tapes

[www.giginjapan.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home