Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Leeds '71 Question (re: SF re-issue)
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:31

OK, apologies if this is discussed in the SF June 8/9 thread, but that thread is getting difficult to navigate (lots of bickering, etc) and I just want to know one thing... Is the ONLY way I can get the upcoming Leeds '71 release on the ridiculously expensive Super Deluxe Edition of the SF re-issue (as Amazon, etc, suggests)? I am excited for the Marquee '71 cd/dvd, but also want to get an official Leeds as well. Looks like I could possibly download the tracks, but I always prefer cd. Do I have this right? Are there any other options?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 18:36 by Tate.

Re: Leeds '71 Question (re: SF re-issue)
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 7, 2015 18:47

You got it right. Hate to tell you, as it looks now, the only way to get it is that Superdeluxe with price tag above 100 Euros. If you really need Leeds'71 CD. You can try ebay and other places to see if there are cheaper options.

The situation is very similar to Charlie Is My Darling Deluxe. If you want Live'65 CD you have to pay a lot. The only solution is to scan ebay or discogs in hope somebody will dump it used and reasonably priced. A actually I scored one @ 45 Euros this way. But it took me some 2 years of searching/waiting.

Date: May 7, 2015 19:04

Yes, the Live '65 cd situation was frustrating as well. I was disappointed. Good for you that you managed to find one at a more reasonable price. Perhaps I will resort to downloading (if the tracks are available and not album-only). Well, thanks for answering my questions, ironbelly, that helps me with my June cd budgeting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 19:05 by Tate.

Date: May 7, 2015 22:37

The live in England '65 release is also available on Spotify.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: May 7, 2015 22:39

wait for the official release date, then wait again (maybe two or three month) and then try ebay and/or special offers

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: May 7, 2015 23:01

I will buy the deluxe and get Leeds off of I-Tunes

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 7, 2015 23:03

The Live 65 CD has finally become available as a standalone digital download in 2014. It's even available as a hi-res download on sites like HDTracks, Pono or Qobuz.

Lossless digital download on Qobuz UK : [www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: May 7, 2015 23:38

Tate, if you don't absolutely need the Leeds CD on release day, I'd hold out for a price drop on the super deluxe package.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 7, 2015 23:39

kowalski
The Live 65 CD has finally become available as a standalone digital download in 2014. It's even available as a hi-res download on sites like HDTracks, Pono or Qobuz.

Digital download is no problem neither for Live 65 nor for Leeds 71. However, we are talking about real CD. The one you can hold in hands. And now we are facing high prices.

I am positive that SF Superdeluxe will be 50% off by the end of the year. Thus, the only solution in the case of thin budget is to wait for a chance.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 8, 2015 00:02

Now I suddenly realise that if I buy the 2CD Deluxe edition of SF, I will get the original album in an inferior remaster version, the "Clapton version" of Brown Sugar which I've heard numerous times on boots, the boring Wild Horses outtake that's already on youtube, the fine CYHMK outtake that's also on youtube, the great Bitch outtake that's also on youtube, a Dead Flowers outtake I might have heard depending on which one it is, and finally five Roundhouse tracks.

That's about $15 for 5-6 new songs, a couple of decent tracks I already have on youtube, and hopefully a nice booklet. :-|

A good thing would be to make a playlist of the best Exile and SF bonus tracks as a longer extra '70-72 Stones LP. If they keep releasing half-redundant deluxe editions, after a couple of years we can compile a whole Anthology album. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 8, 2015 01:59

ironbelly
kowalski

Digital download is no problem neither for Live 65 nor for Leeds 71. However, we are talking about real CD. The one you can hold in hands. And now we are facing high prices.

I am positive that SF Superdeluxe will be 50% off by the end of the year. Thus, the only solution in the case of thin budget is to wait for a chance.

I hear you but getting a CD quality or hi-res quality download is a good alternative to me (iTunes quality download is not a good alternative though).

Date: May 8, 2015 16:39

Interesting and helpful input from all parties here... I think what I may do is download the individual tracks, if they come available as individual tracks, from iTunes, and THEN hold out for the price drops later in the year. I agree, that WILL happen. I may even be able to locate a used super deluxe, but if not, the price will come down. I am really looking forward to hearing the official masters of the Roundhouse, Marquee, and Leeds tracks, and seeing how they compare. I love the '71 live material (my favorite of all the Stones boots) SO much and have been hoping for eons for their official release. Not gonna spend hundreds on it, though!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 8, 2015 17:39

I hear ya! I love pretty much everything from the Taylor years, and I'm very happy they're doing these releases, but it's not exactly all in one place.
If we count audio only releases, we've got:

- Exile bonus tracks together with the same ol' Exile
- Ya-Ya's bonus tracks together with the ol' Ya-Ya's
- Some Girls Live in Texas together with the DVD
- LA Friday together with the DVD or a big super deluxe box
- Brussels as a download or a very expensive super deluxe
- Marquee with the DVD or super deluxe
- Leeds only with the SF super deluxe or download
- Sticky Fingers bonus tracks together with the ol' SF
- Roundhouse together with SF
... and so on ...

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 8, 2015 17:49

LieB
I hear ya! I love pretty much everything from the Taylor years, and I'm very happy they're doing these releases, but it's not exactly all in one place.

... and so on ...

It's great isn't it? Enjoying everything. And hopefully more to come!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 8, 2015 18:27

barbabang
LieB

... and so on ...

It's great isn't it? Enjoying everything. And hopefully more to come!

Let's download then. smiling smiley

Date: May 8, 2015 18:43

Ya Yas DVD as well smiling smiley Good times for the fans thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 8, 2015 22:42

You can buy the download for the Super Deluxe version (with Leeds) for $18.99 on amazon.us. (when available)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1394
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home