Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: MOST FAVORITE STONES ABLUM COVER IS THE MOST UNEXPECTED
Date: May 5, 2015 07:35

tauk
Naturalust
tauk
3) Goats Head Soup. I like its artsiness, creativity. I get the feeling no one else likes GHS very much (either the music or the album cover)?? but I like both,

I actually love GHS. Some stone cold Stones classics on that record. Can't say the record cover is my favorite but the music still holds up today!

Nicky Hopkins and Billy Prestons work on that records is fantastic. And when they play together on 100 years ago....sweet!

peace

Naturalust-Yay, a GHS songs lover!

You wouldn't believe how many years it took me to figure out who it was on that front cover-- back when I was a kid & would see it in vinyl record stores.-I just thought it was some non-Stone female. It was too confusing for me back then spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I also had no idea that it was our guy - Mick. I also thought it was an unknown woman. I thought I was alone in this lack of knowledge!

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: May 5, 2015 08:45

I'm trying to post a pic but it won't work so I'll give up for now.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-05 08:48 by tauk.

Date: May 5, 2015 08:49

=

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-05 08:51 by tauk.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 5, 2015 09:10

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: May 5, 2015 10:38

tauk
I'm trying to post a pic but it won't work so I'll give up for now.
Ill make you an offer Carolyn,

Just post the picture link here and I will add the code that makes it work then when you can "Quote This Message" you can look at the raw thing I wrote that made it go, and then you can write that too. It is easy to do once you get the hang of it, but it has to be done exactly right, so it can be pain. Many people over time have had issues doing it too, so dont feel bad.

Be sure to post leonioid along with it (spell it exactly like that)
so when I search for replies to me I will see your post and fix you up.

Date: May 6, 2015 19:47

]h

Date: May 6, 2015 19:53

Date: May 6, 2015 20:02

To leonioid

I keep trying to post a pic from Pinterest but it won't work. I did manage to post pics a week or so ago on the Don Was Interview" thread. Initially back then I had started with trying to post a pic from photobucket which never worked. But as soon as I tried posting the same photo from my Pinterest page it worked the very first time. I tried.

So now I'm trying to post from Pinterest but it won't work.
I believe I am doing the exact same thing now that I did when I got it to work a week or so ago. So it makes no sense why it won't work.

Here's the pic info that I've been trying today to post. I usually already click on the icon for "Post image url" right above here in this window box. but it doesn't work.so here it is without the [ brackets].
[s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

And here it is with the url brackets

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 20:23 by tauk.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 6, 2015 20:10

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
treaclefingers
TooTough
Yes, even more when he signed it for you...drinking smiley

I have a copy signed by Mick Taylor...obviously Charlie would be preferable!

Lucky! I'd love to get Mick Jagger's autogr---wait, who?

Seriously, that's neat! Did you get it at one of his smaller solo gigs?

October 12th, 2009,
he was in Hamburg with the A,B,C&D of BW. Everybody was
waiting outside. I went back in again and he was still on stage
talking to people and signing some stuff. Great moment, he was
kneeling (!) in front of me and wrote DANKE (Thanks). Unreal but
great moment.

Mick signed my cardboard on the catwalk in Hamburg 2003, Licks tour.
Not kidding.

Date: May 6, 2015 20:22

tauk
To leonioid

I keep trying to post a pic from pinterest but it won't work. I did manage to post pics a week or so ago on the
Don Was Interview" thread. Initially back then I had started with trying to post a pic from photobucket which never worked. But as soon as I tried posting the same photo from my Pinterest page it worked the very first time. I tried.

So now I'm trying to post from pinterest but it won't work.
I believe I am doing the exact same thing now that I did when I got it to work a week or so ago. So it makes no sense why it won't work.

Here's the pic info that I've been trying today to post. I usually already click on the icon for "Post image url" right above here in this window box. but it doesn't work.so here it is without the [ brackets].
[s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]

And here it is with the url brackets

perfecto! your post shows up on my search...

Here you go...

it looks like for some reason your "picture" part has an extra " http:// "

if you do a quote this message and look at the quote BEFORE
posting it will show the raw code/words/stuff... :)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 20:24 by Leonioid.

Date: May 6, 2015 20:31

btw- is this is what Micks head would look like if it was
dropped into the bottom of a blender and turned to frape' ?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2015 22:47

Now this would make for a great Poster.
I vaguely recall how the photographer said he
pictured their heads as burnt matches or something.

Date: May 6, 2015 22:52

Nikkei

I wonder if they made books of matches that had them
all in there, that would be cool, actually it would be HOT!!

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: May 6, 2015 22:55

I'll leave it to you to decide if it's hot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-06 22:58 by Nikkei.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:25

Here's some more colorful versions of the rest of the Stones' chiffon scarves photo session for GHS artwork--Bill, Charlie, Mick T

Date: May 6, 2015 23:30

Leonioid

Leonioid: Thanks for helping me get this posting done right..

LOL-Yes, I think you're right about how a blender could make Mick's face look like this.smiling smiley

I know I'm weird,,,,,but I like this look. I also like the original 1973 LP release cover art which has Mick in a less intense golden colored scarf,,,but this purple one is especially eye-catching!

Carolyn G

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 07:20 by tauk.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:36

I want to give Keith his fair share of all this--I think I read that Keith would only agree to this chiffon scarf business if he got to wear the BLACK scarf smiling smiley

Carolyn G

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 00:05 by tauk.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:36

tauk
Leonioid

Leonioid: Thanks for helping me get this posting done right.. Yes, I think you're right about what could make Mick's face look like this.

I know I'm weird,,,,,but I like this look. I like the original 1973 LP release cove art which has Mick in a golden colored scarf,,,but this purple one is especially eye-catching!

My pleasure to assist Carolyn.
The more Stones pictures here the better! YAY!

Date: May 6, 2015 23:51

This is the last one from GHS album art- I promise smiling smiley

If I had enough wall space I'd love to get these David Bailey photos from the GHS album put up on my wall. I must not be the only one who really likes them--see below pic--here they are in a L.A. art gallery a few months ago for PR for a new photography book by David Bailey--'The Arnold" & other persons are standing right in front of the GHS pics hanging on the wall.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 6, 2015 23:55

tauk
Naturalust
tauk
3) Goats Head Soup. I like its artsiness, creativity. I get the feeling no one else likes GHS very much (either the music or the album cover)?? but I like both,

I actually love GHS. Some stone cold Stones classics on that record. Can't say the record cover is my favorite but the music still holds up today!

Nicky Hopkins and Billy Prestons work on that records is fantastic. And when they play together on 100 years ago....sweet!

peace

Naturalust-Yay, a GHS songs lover!

You wouldn't believe how many years it took me to figure out who it was on that front cover-- back when I was a kid & would see it in vinyl record stores.-I just thought it was some non-Stone female. It was too confusing for me back then spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I love GHS. Funny that everyone thought it was a letdown at the time it came out. It has held up quite well.

Date: May 6, 2015 23:59

To 71Tele-Ya, i think it's been an underrated album.

Carolyn G

Date: May 7, 2015 00:04

Nikkei

I agree! I'd love to get this blown up & on a wall in my apt.
Or maybe wear a chiffon scarf like this purple on Mick to a concert (but not have it stick up so far high lest I block anyone's view if they're behind me.

Carolyn G

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 7, 2015 06:00

One thing about that GHS cover (and Black and Blue) that always stands out to be is how stoned Keith looks. Seems they could might have taken a better shot of him but it was probably intentional and helped sell records to the stoned youth of 1973.

peace

Date: May 7, 2015 07:38

Naturalust
One thing about that GHS cover (and Black and Blue) that always stands out to be is how stoned Keith looks. Seems they could might have taken a better shot of him but it was probably intentional and helped sell records to the stoned youth of 1973.

peace

To Naturalust: yeah, I see what you mean about it might've been intentional...I've always thought that the pic of Keith on "Black & Blue" looked like an intentional bad photo somehow but I couldn't figure out why they'd want to do that...maybe make him look "punk"..but like you say, intentionally drugged looking would make sense for that type of image.

And if Keith was stoned on GHS photo think how much worse he would've looked without the filmy gauze of the chiffon scarf....just goes to show how sometimes a handy little chiffon accessory can hide a multitude of sins! winking smiley I think I read that Keith insisted on his chiffon being the color black.

Maybe I'll bring along a semi-sheer scarf to Kansas City, MO (the only place I have tickets for at this time) to help hide how I fear I may look when I have to get up after probably very little sleep to catch that plane back home the next day. Or, just the usual pair of dark sunglasses I suppose, would not be so strange looking cool smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-07 08:00 by tauk.

Posted by: Bsebastian ()
Date: May 7, 2015 07:53

tauk

Carolyn G

It's not awful, but it was the beginning of the end, and I believe that's why it's so disliked by so many fans.

Date: May 7, 2015 08:18

Bsebastian
tauk

Carolyn G

It's not awful, but it was the beginning of the end, and I believe that's why it's so disliked by so many fans.

Ya I know what you mean....I can see why GHS marked the end of the "Golden age"...Until 6 months ago all I had ever known of the Stones were Hits compilations, & Some Girls, and I'd previously had Tattoo You on vinyl. When I began my systematic Learning Of the Stones' complete studio recordings I proceeded in a strict chronological order...and I would print out all the lyrics, listen to every track a lot of times, stay on each album quite awhile, plus kind of doing a chronological viewing of DVD & youtube concerts, interviews, etc. I read a lot of music reviews of each album & individual songs, when available. So I knew already, before I got through with "Exile" that it was going to be likely that I might not like a lot of their stuff after "Exile"....so I found myself staying stuck on "Exile" and the 3 other "Golden Age" albums, putting off the next album out of fear of big disappointment...finally I took the leap & was happy to find GHS fairly good album IMO.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 7, 2015 08:41

Good on ya Caroline ... glad ya finally caught the Goat

ROCKMAN

Date: May 7, 2015 10:48

Rockman said:
Good on ya Caroline ... glad ya finally caught the Goat

LMAO "caught the Goat?" Where do you come up with such lines? And pictures??thumbs up

Thanks Rockman, I feel like I've just been granted entry way into a little niche (GHS) I wasn't expecting...judging from the knowing smiles/laughter on the face of those two, uh, earthy-lookin' guys in the pic, I guess I'll feel right at home real soon. But I hope there's a least horses parked out front, not just a goat, for transportation.

You guys are so funny on this web site I love it! LMAO as usual. smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1817
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home