Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Romored Arena Shows
Date: July 17, 2005 18:58

I don't see why they can't do the Albany show on January 16 or 12. Why not January 31 for the N.C. show?They should play the club shows as originally rumored.

Re: New Romored Arena Shows
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 17, 2005 22:17

They do already have other plans for January 2006. It is just that they have not been announced yet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: July 17, 2005 22:41

Other plans? You're making me curious Bjornulf. Do you have more information?

Date: July 17, 2005 23:03

I sure hope these other plans involve at least 2 club/theater shows.I don't like the sound of this at all.I just want to see a club show before it's all said and done.I had a chance to get tickets to their show at the Orpheum Theater for cheap - real cheap but, i had to pass because of prior commitments.(Why was it on a Sunday and not Saturday?)I think they owe it to their real fans to do this especially when their people incinuated that there would be some of these shows in the press release I think it was.

Posted by: macdaddy ()
Date: July 17, 2005 23:22

insinuated..?

hell, cohl SAID at the press conference that "tickets to the club shows would be $50." he also said only two tix per customer would be available. that isn't hinting or insinuating - that is stating an aspect of the tour...

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 17, 2005 23:23

Bjornulf, could you just tell us what the chances are, in your opinion, of them actually coming to the Pepsi Arena in Albany. On a scale of one to ten, are the chances closer to ten or to one, ten meaning a very good chance of it happening?? I turned myself inside and out last tour trying to buy a single seat to the Orpheum and failed miserably! A broker backed out last minute, so I know what you mean about NEEDING to see ONE THEATRE show!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 18, 2005 00:20

Jan. 5 to Feb. 5 will be one month of Arena shows in major markets before they move down to Latin America. I don't have all the details but it seems like all dates are booked already. A few places missing will probably be filled in with popular and also so far missing (not yet covered) markets. They do only play around 3 whows per week now so if you look at the rumoured tour schedule for Jan 2006 then there are not that many shows missing really.

[iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 18, 2005 00:23

Chicago 25 th? Please....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 18, 2005 04:38

i really don't have any problem with what Cohl said. The tour obviously hadn't been planned down the the nth detail at the time. Things change. Never really bought into them doing theaters this time for reasons I have stated - primarily that it would cause the Stones to have to rehearse another group of songs (in addition to the new ones from the upcoming album)...didn't make sense to me that they'd be interested in doing it this time.

Posted by: Wolter ()
Date: July 18, 2005 09:55

I thought Cohl said something about theatre's during the press conference? Or was that a lie?

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 18, 2005 10:59

Wolter, I thought that I also heard it. And to my knowledge Keith also mentioned it during an interview. Let's see what they do.

Date: July 18, 2005 12:57

Maybe there is something to the idea that they don't want to be bothered with preparing extra material for club shows but, even though it probably would be expected by some people including myself, it's not mandatory.They didn't come up with a new set list for the Hollywood Palladium show in '72.Hopefully they will have the new material down cold by '06 and then do some club shows like in '95.

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 18, 2005 13:44

But if they do it like 95 they can't make you pay 100 bucks for the membership and that's what they want at least. So the news will come via rs.com anyway.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 18, 2005 21:13

I am sure its because of lowered guarantees in some markets they need to add more profitible gigs to the schedule. Other than fan setlist fantasies, there really is no reason why they would have to rehearse or prepare additional songs just because they are playing a different venue.

Posted by: Rolling1 ()
Date: July 19, 2005 08:55

With everyone saving their pre 5/9 memberships it makes them $$$$ wise to announce jan shows 1st then around end of november announce a few theater shows in vegas, say 4 shows in 7 nights the 1st week of december also throw in a ppv to close the 1st half off with a bang. Would be no traveling for the band then they go on break for 4 weeks.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 21, 2005 00:33

Bjornulf, Debra asked what you thought the chances were of for sure the Pepsi arena show on 9/18? I have till Friday to decide whether to book a flight out of Albany or NY on 9/18 to SF after flying into NY for MSG show. Do you think the chances are pretty good of the Albany show being confirmed on that date? Any info would be really helpful. Thanks. Sarah

Posted by: mickboy33 ()
Date: July 21, 2005 01:52

Has anyone heard anything about the "rumored" ST. LOUIS show? When is it going to stop being "rumored" and become confirmed?! Anyone?? I'm dying for them to come here...it's been 8 LONG years for us.

I do have some consolation because I'm going to Soldier field on 9/10...I'm very excited. They could perform lyrics from the Yellow Pages, and I wouldn't care...OK, maybe I would, but you catch my drift. Just to be in the same building with Mick and the boys is a thrill for me, even if it means hearing Tumbling Dice and Start Me Up for the zillionth time.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 21, 2005 02:33

ya, theres sometin bout being in the same building isnt there,,,, a funny feelin,

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: July 21, 2005 02:40

The last time the Stones were in Albany was back in 1964 so...it would be a real treat to have them back again. Everyone else has been there including Springsteen a few night ago.The Albany area awaits!

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 21, 2005 15:02

I really don't think they know a thing about Albany being a sure thing yet or it would be announced!! BJ, if they are considering Albany, wouldn't it be in January or February?? And I asked how you felt the chances were for an Albany show because I live less than one hour away! SARAHUNWIN, I do not think the
Albany show would be in Sept. Hard to get answers though, very frustrating, I know! I want to save $$$ for Albany and forgo NYC and maybe even skip the Fleet Center and save hotel fees!!

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: July 22, 2005 14:44

Well i hope it happens .Albany is a great town and the Pepsi is as good as any other arena out there. The boys would get a warm welcome for sure...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home