Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith/Drugs
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: April 21, 2015 01:49

his farewell to smack was a great thing to do, and as a consequence he was so out on coke and liquor in the 80´s and 90´s up to maybe 2006 this would make a complete "hard drug" addiction to anyone who was NOT on smack before...

so, anyway, it´s good he knew how to kick even that in his later days...
but, seriously, lokking at his interviews on the BTB or VL tours, this is coke and liquor at its finest, really.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: April 21, 2015 02:19

MisterO
Most of read life and we know now without a doubt what a complete A-hole Keith is. I guess when you reach that level of fame and have so many "Yes" people blowing smoke up your butt that he came to believe he's above it all.

Why do you think Keith is an A-hole? I'm very nearly finished Life, and I certainly wouldn't ever call him that. What events/quotes are you referring to?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 21, 2015 10:45

- Keith and drugs....forget it!

Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 21, 2015 11:36

Come On
- Keith and drugs....forget it!

^^^
hehehe

Posted by: tioms ()
Date: April 21, 2015 13:53

IMO: drop or cancel this topic,

bullshit you are talking about.
Let people do what they want to do, and do not give critique what he of they do.
We know him all, and stay away of his doings in the past.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 14:01 by tioms.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 21, 2015 14:03

I am fairly sure all of the Stones are working extremely hard to stay as healthy and fit as possible. And this includes Richards. They are old aged managing directors of a multi-billion dollar enterprise, and not rock stars anymore. They can only do this, including all the legal hassle like insurances for touring, if they are as fit as possible.

Mathijs

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: April 21, 2015 15:50

Mathijs
I am fairly sure all of the Stones are working extremely hard to stay as healthy and fit as possible. And this includes Richards. They are old aged managing directors of a multi-billion dollar enterprise, and not rock stars anymore. They can only do this, including all the legal hassle like insurances for touring, if they are as fit as possible.

Mathijs
They've been that for the last 25 years, and yet Keith and Ronnie were routinely coked up and drunk for a good portion of their billion dollar-empire building days.

I realize being coked up and drunk at 70 is different than being coked up and drunk at 50, but I would think the business people who underwrote all their tours starting in '89 would have had the same concerns back then as well.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:13

Didn't keith personally insure Ronnie for one tour - or was that just a myth ?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:29

keefriff99
Mathijs

Mathijs
They've been that for the last 25 years, and yet Keith and Ronnie were routinely coked up and drunk for a good portion of their billion dollar-empire building days.

I realize being coked up and drunk at 70 is different than being coked up and drunk at 50, but I would think the business people who underwrote all their tours starting in '89 would have had the same concerns back then as well.

They all are very aware of their age. That's the main differnce between now and the last 25 years.

Mathijs

Date: April 21, 2015 16:30

tioms
IMO: drop or cancel this topic,

bullshit you are talking about.
Let people do what they want to do, and do not give critique what he of they do.
We know him all, and stay away of his doings in the past.

As always, bv is welcome to close any topic he wants. My intention was honestly never, ever to give critique to Keith and judge him about the drugs. I only wanted an answer to when he quit them. I think it's an amazing accomplishment, quitting drugs, and, if anything, this thread was intended to congratulate Keith.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-21 16:31 by stones2000.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: April 21, 2015 16:34

The Jane Rose line in the "25x5" documentary — that Keith realized he was "gonna give up music or give up drugs" — is classic. He gave up "drug," singular, not plural.

Date: April 21, 2015 16:35

EJM

Not a myth. Keith says it himself in Life! Apparently when Keith found out Ronnie was having a drug party in his hotel room, he walked over there, knocked on the door, and punched Ronnie so hard he fell backward over his couch.

Date: April 21, 2015 16:39

stones2000
EJM

Not a myth. Keith says it himself in Life! Apparently when Keith found out Ronnie was having a drug party in his hotel room, he walked over there, knocked on the door, and punched Ronnie so hard he fell backward over his couch.

1981. The same tour when Keith supposedly fired a gun in a Chicago hotel room...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:06

Mel Belli
The Jane Rose line in the "25x5" documentary — that Keith realized he was "gonna give up music or give up drugs" — is classic. He gave up "drug," singular, not plural.

Yeah and she tried to make it sound as if he gave up heroin + everything else including methadone shortly after being busted in Toronto in 1977. Yeah right.

But I believed it back then. It was a well done PR with oneliners and stories. I bought them all except for one that I never really quite got, the major theme really. The renewed "friendship" of Mick and Keith sounded and felt hollow. I chose to believe it though. I think it was Mick who couldnt pull it off. He sounded detached. It was really Keiths PR piece: I did this, I saved Anita, Brian was an @#$%&, I took heroin and then I gave up drugs in three days and stood the test when the dealers tried to make a sell, I'm full of energy and I am blues and I protect Mick. And I'm not going bald. grinning smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 21, 2015 21:12

Redhotcarpet
Mel Belli

Yeah and she tried to make it sound as if he gave up heroin + everything else including methadone shortly after being busted in Toronto in 1977. Yeah right.

But I believed it back then. It was a well done PR with oneliners and stories. I bought them all except for one that I never really quite got, the major theme really. The renewed "friendship" of Mick and Keith sounded and felt hollow. I chose to believe it though. I think it was Mick who couldnt pull it off. He sounded detached. It was really Keiths PR piece: I did this, I saved Anita, Brian was an @#$%&, I took heroin and then I gave up drugs in three days and stood the test when the dealers tried to make a sell, I'm full of energy and I am blues and I protect Mick. And I'm not going bald. grinning smiley

Keith would say he's cleaned up now. grinning smiley

Date: April 21, 2015 21:15

Mathijs

Mathijs

A little coke now and then and pot or some downers wont kill them and I dont know what Keith was on the tour before the last but I read something about vicodin (doesnt mean it
s true).

He is clearly a lot sharper now and I doubt he does a lot now.

Date: April 21, 2015 21:17

Mel Belli
Nikkei
He admitted in 2006 that his head injury prevented him from doing coke anymore. That must not mean he did it regularly up until then.

Every day, after meals, right? Helped with digestion, he claimed.
Yeah he said he had to cut down and only take it after dinner. If so that is a lot less than the amounts he used to do.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 21, 2015 22:36

Redhotcarpet
Mel Belli
Nikkei
He admitted in 2006 that his head injury prevented him from doing coke anymore. That must not mean he did it regularly up until then.

Every day, after meals, right? Helped with digestion, he claimed.
Yeah he said he had to cut down and only take it after dinner. If so that is a lot less than the amounts he used to do.

Yeah but after dinner on day one still leaves 8 days of "after dinner" partying for Keith.

peace

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: April 21, 2015 23:43

In 2007, he said he had snorted a bit of his dad.

"It went down pretty well."

[www.theguardian.com]

Keith/Drugs?
Posted by: Leonioid ()
Date: April 22, 2015 01:43

Keith/Drugs ?

Yes please

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2015 08:41

Keith talks about heroin in 1982.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home