Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

2015 Billboard Awards
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 9, 2015 03:27

Heard some brief rumors here that the Stones will be playing at this ceremony at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 17th.

Anybody hear any more information on this or have a confirmation? Thanks

peace

Re: 2015 Billboard Awards
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: April 9, 2015 03:33

No confirmation, but it would make a lot of sense....

A week before kick-off and would reach a lot of people ti help fill the stadiums.
Stub-hub gets the credit for having a listing for it under a Rolling Stones search.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 9, 2015 03:37

The only thing I've seen is that they are in the running for top touring artist.

[abcnewsradioonline.com]

Date: April 9, 2015 03:38

MisterDDDD
No confirmation, but it would make a lot of sense....

A week before kick-off and would reach a lot of people ti help fill the stadiums.
Stub-hub gets the credit for having a listing for it under a Rolling Stones search.

Well Stub Hub seems to have first dibs on a lot of information (and tickets) these days, I'd say we need a Stub Hub insider here on IORR.

peace

Posted by: tauk ()
Date: April 21, 2015 10:43

=

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 03:16 by tauk.

Date: April 22, 2015 02:55

Naturalust
Heard some brief rumors here that the Stones will be playing at this ceremony at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 17th.

peace

To naturalust: Thanks for your tip re. that maybe The Stones will perform at the May 17th BBMA. No mention of TheStones so far online from the Billboard web site but I'm keeping my fingers crossed of course!

To be broadcasted on ABC 8 PM EST.

[www.billboardmusicawards.com]

Well, let's see- since the Stones are nominated for one category "Top Touring Artist", that could mean one of several scenarios as follows from the least to most desirable:

1) None of the Stones come for the ceremony if they aren't going to perform. If they win in the "Touring" category they basically "phone it in" due to their needs to get ready for everything else that will be soon to come. I'm not saying i think this is the probability, I'm just seeing all possible scenarios.

2) If they're not going to perform only Mick bothers to come to Vegas to just sit in audience in case they win & accepts the award on behalf of the band.

3) If they aren't going to perform, all or more than one Stone comes to Vegas to sit in the audience in case they win.

3) If they aren't going to perform, Mick and/or Keith (or possibly other Stones?? no...) attend the event to also be presenters for an award in another category.

4) **All the Stones come to await the possible award and possible presenting & to make better use of their time in Vegas, they also perform during the show-perfect timing for advertising for their tour.** thumbs up

A quick look at the BBMA/MGM online ticket selling & the map clearly shows all good seats are taken & were pricey. All remaining seats are pretty pricey, esp. if one's interest is only the Rolling Stones, and none of the other nominees/presenters/performers for the awards ceremony.thumbs down

Well, I wished for their presence here where I live, but this doesn't really help me much. I hate that I can't help but see the gleaming emerald green of the MGM from my apt. window. Yikes! This is torture!eye popping smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 03:32 by tauk.

Date: April 22, 2015 04:40

Anytime tauk. As you say, if they performed a tune and really nailed it that would certainly be good PR for the tour. Much better than any acceptance speech they could give. I hope they do indeed win top touring act, it's certainly been their main business for many years now. They have also set many standards for rock tours which are used by many artists deserve some recognition for that.

My guess is they will only attend if they are going to perform.

peace

Date: April 22, 2015 04:57

Naturalust
Anytime tauk. As you say, if they performed a tune and really nailed it that would certainly be good PR for the tour. Much better than any acceptance speech they could give. I hope they do indeed win top touring act, it's certainly been their main business for many years now. They have also set many standards for rock tours which are used by many artists deserve some recognition for that.

peace

I agree.
Carolyn G
(hey now I rhymed) cool smiley

Date: April 22, 2015 05:49

tauk
Naturalust

peace

I agree.
Carolyn G
(hey, now I rhymed)smiling smiley
======================================================================================
I just noticed this article below. It isn't stating for sure that they'll perform, just a "maybe". However, I find it interesting that this article states The Stones may be receiving another type of award in addition to the "Touring" award. Per below: for some reason the words "Icon" and "Millennium" seem to fit The Stones better than any other band I can think of thumbs up (of course I'm a bit biased...other than maybe Paul M).

This article is from the online version of the supplement to the legitimate newspaper for Las Vegas. The supplement is called "The Las Vegas Sun". It is a supplement of is "The Review-Journal". In other words, it isn't simply a trashy lying "blog" we've previously been subjected to.

By Robin Leach:

Are The Rolling Stones going to appear as surprise guests at the May 17 2015 Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena and airing on ABC with supermodel Chrissy Teigen and rapper and actor Ludacris as hosts?

I’m hearing advance word that their appearance would be to promote their summer “ZIP Code” tour that starts May 24 in San Diego, and they will be presented with either the Billboard Icon Award or Millennium award.

They’d penciled in MGM Grand Garden Arena to kick off the tour, but it was scrubbed when they decided to perform in only 40,000-plus seat arenas cool smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-22 06:10 by tauk.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 22, 2015 08:11

Doesn't seem likely. As it's a TV event, Billboard would want to have one or more of the other, younger artists performing to pull in viewers of a younger demographic. Most people buying tickets for the Stones tour--which doesn't need the promotion of a one-off TV awards show--probably wouldn't be tuning in to such a pop awards broadcast anyway.

Besides, think of the logistics. If they were to perform, they'd have to go there and work with the TV crew for a couple days or more along with the other artists, just to play a song or two. Plus there's flying and hotel time around the event that also involves transporting their gear. That's the better part of a week devoted to the event.

That's a week out of their rehearsal time just 1 week before the tour kicks off. If anything, they'd probably want to be planning for a surprise club gig in the San Diego area instead. They wouldn't want to do any extra flying if they could avoid it.

If anything, if they win the award they'll likely have a 30-second "thank you" video prepared to be inserted into the broadcast. The Stones are not known for using TV shows for promoting their tours. When's the last time they performed live on a TV show anyway, 1978?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: April 22, 2015 08:49

Naturalust

peace

Yes, I have heard the same. Makes lots of sense regardinding tour promotion
and SF promotion.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home