Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Another great release from the Springsteen archive series
Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 3, 2015 03:06

[brucespringsteen.net]

I saw this last week for download on the official Bruce Springsteen site. I had this legendary 1980 New Years Eve Nassau show in my collection and it does not disappoint. It clocks in about four hours as Bruce performs 38 tunes.

Re: Another great release from the Springsteen archive series
Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 3, 2015 05:10

They don't say what the bit rate for the mp3 download is, and things like that can drive some people crazy. I would hope they would be 256 kbs.

Would you happen to know the bit rate?

Date: April 3, 2015 05:33

MileHigh
They don't say what the bit rate for the mp3 download is, and things like that can drive some people crazy. I would hope they would be 256 kbs.

Hi. I'm not an expert in this area, but maybe this page on the Springsteen site may answer your question:

[live.brucespringsteen.net].

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 06:04

MileHigh

I believe they are 256kbps VBR

I should add, all the releases have been excellent so far, well worth any fan checking out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 06:04 by jrcjohnny99.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: April 4, 2015 21:51

Recorded live at Nassau Coliseum, December 31, 1980 with Record Plant Remote by Toby Scott, assisted by David Bianco, Jim Scott
Mixed from the multitrack reels by Toby Scott at Thrill Hill, March 2015, assisted by Rob Lebret
Mastered by Adam Ayan at Gateway Mastering, March 2015

320 kbps and/or FLAC

SET ONE:

1. Night
2. Prove It All Night
3. Spirit In The Night
4. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
5. Independence Day
6. Who’ll Stop The Rain?
7. This Land is Your Land
8. Promised Land
9. Out in the Street
10. Racing in the Street
11. The River
12. Badlands
13. Thunder Road

SET TWO:

1. Cadillac Ranch
2. Sherry Darling
3. Hungry Heart
4. Merry Christmas, Baby
5. Fire
6. Candy’s Room
7. Because the Night
8. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
9. Rendezvous
10. Fade Away
11. The Price You Pay
12. Wreck on the Highway
13. Two Hearts
14. Ramrod
15. You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
16. Held Up Without A Gun
17. In the Midnight Hour
18. Auld Lang Syne
19. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

ENCORE:

1. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
2. Jungleland
3. Born to Run
4. Detroit Medley
5. Twist and Shout
6. Raise Your Hand

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-04 22:09 by kait.

Date: April 4, 2015 21:54

Off topic? smiling smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 4, 2015 22:11

Yes - OT, agreed, but what a corker of a gig. I prefer this one to the 1978 Agora gig. It sounds better recorded.

Date: May 16, 2015 01:48

For all you Bruce fans, the other day on the [brucespringsteen.net], they released another great download, this one from the Born in the USA tour in 84, the first show of a ten night stand at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: May 16, 2015 02:01

Love Springsteen. Consider "Tunnel of Love" the best thing he ever did. Still find "Winterland '78" (if I remember the year correctly) the best live Bruce I ever grooved to. But, thanks for the tip. I'll give these a go and see what they do for me.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: May 16, 2015 03:33

The FLAC version is up on Demonoid:[www.demonoid.ph]

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 16, 2015 05:53

This is a very interesting show for them to choose. I will begin at the beginning. One of my many music jobs was to file and compile concert masters for Bruce. The studio I was working at built a loft and in the loft were 24 track and 48 track master reels of every concert Springsteen ever did. This is no exaggeration. On Mondays my job was to climb in the loft and check if any of the beams or supports had gone magnetic. I'd log what I found in a notebook. Soon after the Born In The USA tour work on the live album that followed began. I would get a list of 20 or 30 concerts and be told to rough mix all the "Born To Runs" to identical cassettes for Bruce and Bob Clearmountain to study. This was a laborious job and could take 48 straight hours. Making a perfect cassette for such people is harder than recording "Dark Side of The Moon>" I'd mix down to a 1/2 track format then transfer the tunes to cassette. The one rule was I could not rewind the cassette or miss a start and go back over it, the tape had to remain virgin until a single pass. This of course was madness but I was careful to comply within reason. They'd then choose the version and I'd get a call, usually on a Friday of course, we need 35 versions of "Badlands", it was f**Kin endless. Eventually the choices were made, the E-Streeters showed to clean up their mistakes and Bruce plowed through guitar fixes like the tremendous guitarist that he is, he is really something... I quit the whole party from boredom to move on to another studio with the promise of Dirty Work, The Psychedelic Furs and a new group from LA that would eventually save rock. Anyhow the Nassau shows were legendary among the band. There was a strike at The Nassau Coliseum and the load in was delayed in freezing cold temperatures, the piano was so cold they tried to warm the soundboard with a blowtorch hours before the show. Most of the piano recorded was out of tune for the run. I'd like to hear how they fixed this, Bitten must have replayed some of it. Bruce was a super guy, just a thrill to spend time with, the E-Streeters would kiss his butt day and night. They'd rat you out like school girls, except The Big Man who never had to fix anything from a live show. He could pick-up our little receptionist with one hand and lift her above his head. She was tickled..Us geeks were a little pissed.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-16 06:02 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: May 16, 2015 06:25

I think the new Born In The USA release is amazing! Even though it is a odd pick considering there are more famous shows like August 20th.

Date: May 16, 2015 08:05

Darin75
I think the new Born In The USA release is amazing! Even though it is a odd pick considering there are more famous shows like August 20th.

You know something, I was thinking the same thing about this particular release. I have a bunch of bootlegs from the Born in the USA tour (which is the tour that I got introduced to Bruce-he played an INCREDIBLE show on the Buffalo stop in 9/84 that was right around the time of his birthday), and I thought later shows from 84 and 85 could certainly be showcased. However, with Bruce, there are so many great shows (which are also subjective anyway), how do you decide what to release?

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: May 16, 2015 10:08

Thanks, Sighunt!

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 16, 2015 10:22

Thx D&G!
Another great story for us to enjoy!

From your posts shall I deduct Brooce is far more interesting character than Lars Ulrich?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2577
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home