Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Should the Stones open with Respectable?
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 2, 2015 17:15

EddieByword
Sympathy

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 2, 2015 18:07

Nine times out of ten, Respectable is a bit of a mess live. Not sure why. I think it lacks a killer opening riff.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 2, 2015 18:52

Redhotcarpet
EddieByword
Sympathy

grinning smiley ....... To get all the whoo whoos out of the way........winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 18:54 by EddieByword.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:02

NO!!

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 19:20

No, they should def open with Gomper followed by Please Go Home

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:48

drbryant
Nine times out of ten, Respectable is a bit of a mess live. Not sure why. I think it lacks a killer opening riff.

Respectable from the 1978 and 1981 tours would work, if it is played like the last bunch of years it is dead. Keith couldn't keep up. Then they start that cheezy picking and noodling. It can work only if it is played fast, hard and loud just like in the video I posted at the beginning.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: April 2, 2015 20:59

They should open with Brown Sugar, but it has to be a tight 3 1/2 minute version of the song.

To freak people out, throw a curve ball, how about opening up with a rocking version of 2000 Man? lol You never know, it might actually work.

"I am having an affair with another Facebook user."

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:39

Actually that's not a bad idea,MileHigh...Opening with JJF went over big on the No Security tour. NO Horns and no extended outro..it was a pleasant surprise compared to how it had been a closer previously. Another song that I think has been hurt by extending it with a piano solo is Honky Ton Women. That ruins it for me, it should remain as a 3 minute funk deluxe...

Posted by: sway76 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:41

since its the=sticky fingers tour=brown sugar

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:45

MileHigh
They should open with Brown Sugar, but it has to be a tight 3 1/2 minute version of the song."

Every warhorse should be scaled down to three and a half minutes. They waste so much time at the end of the show with extended versions of all the warhorses. It's a great way to fill up time and not have to learn more songs at the top of the show so I get why they do it. But I've had enough of the 6 minute JJFs.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-02 21:45 by Justin.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: April 2, 2015 21:59

No.

Date: April 2, 2015 22:06

Justin
MileHigh
They should open with Brown Sugar, but it has to be a tight 3 1/2 minute version of the song."

Every warhorse should be scaled down to three and a half minutes. They waste so much time at the end of the show with extended versions of all the warhorses. It's a great way to fill up time and not have to learn more songs at the top of the show so I get why they do it. But I've had enough of the 6 minute JJFs.....

AGREED

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 3, 2015 00:14

schillid
Hi sssoul

Allo schillid honey

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:11

Brown Sugar - followed by Bitch! A double shot of Sticky Fingers.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:19

I wouldn't mind Sympathy, but I would prefer "Time is on my side".

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 01:35

They have to open with something fast and rocking, with a great guitar riff as intro.

If they open with Brown Sugar (First time since Columbus 2005?) they have to play a fast, rocking version. Not anything like the slow, lazy-ass Brown Sugar which they've plagued us with since 2012.

Also, the loud and infuriating fills by Lisa is a no-no for an opening version of Brown Sugar. No ''Wooo's'' after the chorus please. Mick has to sing this song all by himself if it opens the show.

And if Brown Sugar is played the right way, it is the best opening track they've ever had.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 3, 2015 14:14

EddieByword
Redhotcarpet
EddieByword
Sympathy

grinning smiley ....... To get all the whoo whoos out of the way........winking smiley

>grinning smiley<

OK it would be cool if they tried another version of SFTD. Change it.

Date: April 3, 2015 14:25

EasterMan
They have to open with something fast and rocking, with a great guitar riff as intro.

If they open with Brown Sugar (First time since Columbus 2005?) they have to play a fast, rocking version. Not anything like the slow, lazy-ass Brown Sugar which they've plagued us with since 2012.

Also, the loud and infuriating fills by Lisa is a no-no for an opening version of Brown Sugar. No ''Wooo's'' after the chorus please. Mick has to sing this song all by himself if it opens the show.

And if Brown Sugar is played the right way, it is the best opening track they've ever had.

The right way is slow and hard-rocking, not fast. Try the album and Altamont.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2015 17:12

Brown Sugar/Bitch like 72/73 would be awesome, but at this point, I'm afraid the extended "yeah, yeah, whoooo" call and response with the audience is something that the band relies on as a closer or encore number. I suspect they won't want to lose that

Date: April 3, 2015 18:25

How about "I Am Waiting"?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 3, 2015 18:38

drbryant
Brown Sugar/Bitch like 72/73 would be awesome, but at this point, I'm afraid the extended "yeah, yeah, whoooo" call and response with the audience is something that the band relies on as a closer or encore number. I suspect they won't want to lose that

Play it twice…..haha. HTW is always a good opener

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: April 3, 2015 19:05

I would like to see them open with Route 66 or Carol.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:31

You gotta move...not as opener but as an encore.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: April 3, 2015 20:59

Why Don't We Sing This Song Altogether. Open Your Head Let The Pictures Fly...

and then the lights go up and its the late 60s again.

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: April 3, 2015 23:18

DandelionPowderman
EasterMan

The right way is slow and hard-rocking, not fast. Try the album and Altamont.

Hmm, of course the studio version is great. But I'm a younger fan and not the biggest fan of Stones live 1969-73, I prefer the latter-day era. The Twickenham 2003 version of Brown Sugar was pretty fast and a prefect opener. Slow live versions is also good, atleast in club settings.

Here's the last time they played Brown Sugar as the opening song, faster than the studio album and rocking:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-03 23:21 by EasterMan.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 4, 2015 01:56

Only if Keith and Ronnie can play with the same ferrocity and keep the chord sequence intact, otherwise no please don't dilute this song if you can't do it justice. played well yes why not a great opener.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:04

How bout this lil number...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:05

alhavu1
Justin
MileHigh

AGREED

Actually I've had more than enough of the 3 minute version too. eye rolling smiley

peace

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:15

I'd vote for Slave.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 4, 2015 02:21

I vote for a surprise or "We Love You"

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1299
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home