Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mick & Keith- WHY?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:08

I agree with the OP.

While I'm happy that they are still on the road this seems like nothing but a blatant cash grab. Totally uninteresting to tour behind outakes of a 44 year old record.

Why not push the barriers and make a new record? Break new ground rather than be happy to be an oldies act...The Stones are better than this.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:19

I think wellalright got a point......

Mick should have said and play our favorite tunes.

And Keith lives in the North America so it's stupid to say "and it is great to come back to North America"

On with show good health to....................grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 00:19 by NICOS.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:29

Sad news no MT on a tour promoting the re-release of Sticky Fingers highlighting the best guitar work on an album the the band has ever released? WTF?

I've been a fan for 40 plus years but with no new material and an ever redundant set list and no MT ,I will stay home this time around.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:47

Oh No, Not You Again

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: March 31, 2015 22:58

EasterMan
I really couldn't care less if Mick Taylor will be on stage with them playing the potential ''Sticky Fingers Set'' or not.
Taylors soloing on Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Sway in 2013 was not overwhelming so to speak and I think Ronnie can do a just as good job with those songs if not better...

I fully agree with this, Ronnie's 2003 solos on CYHMK was better than Taylors 2013 solos, and as people say Ronnie is playing better than ever before I would really like him to play that solo again.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:06

gotdablouse
Dreamer
And get over the MT thing: he quit 40 years ago and was invited back for three years by a bunch of people who didn't have to do that in the first place and/but who were more than happy to do so. And they were more than happy with MT than MT was with the RS if you ask me...

Taylor was happy enough to be "back" to tell Sam Cutler about it, which may have not sounded good to some ears actually, the "back" part...Besides, based on what's been posted by reputable sources here, Taylor didn't turn them down, he got a call from Jagger's lawyer in February informing him he would not be invited.

Well my observation is that it was easy to see all the RS were always positive and constructive about MT and at the same time it was hard to see MT being happy.
How many people other than Sam did he tell he was happy?
And take it from this source: the RS didn't turn MT down...a lawyer calling MT has got nothing to do with it. That's just necessary legal stuff a company should do.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 31, 2015 23:45

A call by a lawyer doesn't sound like anything particularly "legal", if there were "real" legal implications a registered letter would have been sent to Taylor. Rather, it seems, based on the information we have, that Mick had his divorce lawyer (according to Chacal who seems to be well informed) make the call so that he wouldn't have to do it himself. Granted they could have left him in the dark completely...oh well this is a sad situation for all parties involved, but first and foremost the fans.

I pity those who might have to listen to a Ron Wood CYHML solo again, it's so obvious he's completely out of his depth when he gives it a go. It was bad enough in 2002 but it would be way worse in 2015 after the 2013 versions with the "real deal" and missed 2015 opportunity. They should whip out "Hey Negrita" instead, but what are the chances ? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: April 1, 2015 00:12

gotdablouse
A call by a lawyer doesn't sound like anything particularly "legal", if there were "real" legal implications a registered letter would have been sent to Taylor. Rather, it seems, based on the information we have, that Mick had his divorce lawyer (according to Chacal who seems to be well informed) make the call so that he wouldn't have to do it himself. Granted they could have left him in the dark completely...oh well this is a sad situation for all parties involved, but first and foremost the fans.

I pity those who might have to listen to a Ron Wood CYHML solo again, it's so obvious he's completely out of his depth when he gives it a go. It was bad enough in 2002 but it would be way worse in 2015 after the 2013 versions with the "real deal" and missed 2015 opportunity. They should whip out "Hey Negrita" instead, but what are the chances ? ;-)

Thanks for your reply gotdablouse!
Like I said the RS didn't turn MT down. The agreement ended on a certain date.

If a lawyer called MT to inform him he was not going to be hired again in 2015 it doesn't mean MJ did not call him. It means he wasn't called by a band member...
And they didn't have to because his deal was not about 2015 otherwise he would have had a registered letter. A bunch of them. He was called because there were rumours and someone thought he should be called he wasn't in this year; that's my guess.

If someone knows it was MJ's divorce lawyer and this information happens to be correct it means someone talked about things he/she should not talk about like this because this is the kind of inside intel when true leads to the person who leaked. That doesn't put MT in a better position for the future...

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:13

wellalright
“We are excited to be back in North America playing stadiums this summer! We are looking forward to being back on stage and playing your favorite songs.” – Mick Jagger

“We love being out on the road and it is great to come back to North America! I can’t wait to get back on the stage!” – Keith Richards

---

THIS is what it has come to? Two old PR puppets. God this is depressing.

What the heck are you talking about??!! I could see being concerned about stadiums (as I am) but...

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:22

Lets just enjoy the rock and roll. No matter how many times I hear these songs I absolutly love them. For me can't wait. Pittsburgh here I come. It's a nine hour drive but I'm in.

Posted by: wellalright ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:25

start me up- gimme shelter - JJF, SFTD - YCAGWYW - two keith songs- keith saying he's happy to be anywhere - MR - BS - HTW - D&G - Miss You - oh and $150 version of sticky fingers- *BORING*

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:29

so you not going?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:30

Dreamer
And take it from this source: the RS didn't turn MT down...a lawyer calling MT has got nothing to do with it. That's just necessary legal stuff a company should do.

Be happy to take your word for it, but certainly without more information, this is a frustrating and even more perplexing situation. Feel free to elaborate beyond what we've already heard from Keno. Thanks.

peace

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: April 1, 2015 00:35

I think the solos of Taylor 2013 and Ronnie 2003 were both bad compared to the original SF-Record. But I can imagine that a sober Ronnie who's concentrated and doesn't fool to much around can do a very good solo.

Date: April 1, 2015 00:50

Naturalust
Dreamer

Be happy to take your word for it, but certainly without more information, this is a frustrating and even more perplexing situation. Feel free to elaborate beyond what we've already heard from Keno. Thanks.

peace

There is no information that they turned him down... And there's nothing I can think about that makes sense. So it's just the situation ended because they wanted to do something else or...what else?

Now Keno says he has information about why MT is not on tour with them but...I have my doubts about that.
Look at the stadium tour. Do you think they had plans to play SF in 14 stadiums?
Who started those rumours about the special SF shows?
Wasn't me. Wasn't Cocaine Eyes. Check the regular insiders (or the now outsiders like me) and all the others with some info now and then who are here a little longer and are neutral.

Posted by: IrisC ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:08

If it's boring to you stay home and save your money. I got money and nothing else to do smooth!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:36

Bitch, Bitch & Bitch! Never satisfied! What did you think that the topic of the interview would be? They are TOURING in their 70's!!! Give it a REST! I AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS. Not so happy it is a stadium tour, but glad they can STILL PERFORM! Ok, not thrilled MT will not be along but there must be a reason! We'll find out soon. I hope they add a few dates! NYC.....Boston.....Hartford....Philly..BIG STONES TOWNS!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:44

Dreamer
Who started those rumours about the special SF shows?

I believe they were started from a post Bjornulf made on the original 2015 Tour post, but I think his sentence was only "Sticky Fingers!". Since it was on the tour thread and not the re-release thread, people, my self included, started dreaming about an actual SF Themed show or shows and it all snowballed from there.

But the fact that the re-release is coming out very shortly ahead of the tour and they have named the tour with a vague SF zipper reference it is a fair assumption that the music and merchandise will be SF themed. It doesn't take a specific rumor by anyone to make such assumptions.

As far as Keno goes, his vague assertions (and yours) are all we have, so of course we are going to pay attention. People have posted that his information is usually solid and I've no reason to assume otherwise.

peace

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:49

mickschix
Bitch, Bitch & Bitch! Never satisfied! What did you think that the topic of the interview would be? They are TOURING in their 70's!!! Give it a REST! I AM HAPPY ABOUT THIS. Not so happy it is a stadium tour, but glad they can STILL PERFORM! Ok, not thrilled MT will not be along but there must be a reason! We'll find out soon. I hope they add a few dates! NYC.....Boston.....Hartford....Philly..BIG STONES TOWNS!

I like what you've written,mickschix.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 1, 2015 01:55

I have completely lost interest in this excuse for a band.
It's just not about the music anymore.

They can carry on with their completely predictable mass entertainment formula, but I will not buy a ticket ever again.

To honour their own legacy - not to mention a guitarist who has been vital to their best records and tours, which helped them achieve long term success as a band (while he got ripped off, as a thank you) - they ought to play the best possible concert, using the talent that is available to them.
This is what the fans deserve as well.

If they're arrogant enough to go for the mock, phoney reproduction of something that used to be great, then I can't be bothered to attend.
Good luck on their last round of fleecing the tourists with this Ersatz.
What a lamentable way to cap a 50 + year career in music.
A truly sad state of affairs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:04 by Chacal.

Date: April 1, 2015 01:58

Dreamer

Well my observation is that it was easy to see all the RS were always positive and constructive about MT and at the same time it was hard to see MT being happy.

Ok, you're in denial.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:00

Chacal
well, this ersatz essentially constitutes half of that career. bit late to complain.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:04

Nikkei
Chacal
well, this ersatz essentially constitutes half of that career. bit late to complain.

Right...enough is enough...The thought of wading into that sea of people in Quebec...for what? Nah....This long-time fan needed MT to get interested...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:06 by palerider22.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:06

I posted somewhere months back that so long as the Stones were doing their 50 & Counting celebrations, Mick Taylor would be invited.

It is obvious that the time has come when the 50th celebrations are over and they are moving on. Because they seem to be on a perpetual burst of mini-tours, it is hard to tell when the overall theme or approach changes.

So if they have a deluxe reissue of Sticky Fingers to tour behind, then this signals the change. They're back in their U.S. market again after just 2 years--a thing previously unheard of since the mid-1960s. So, obviously, they can't trot out the same anniversary tour concept with the same special guest(s) in the same arenas, and certainly not at the same prices.

The 50 & Counting global trek was a look at their history in general, spanning 50 years plus, so they invited former members Taylor and Wyman to help celebrate that. But with this tour, which is obviously not a continuation of 50 & Counting, it is a celebration of a particular point in their history, not their history in general.

If Bill Wyman had agreed to tour the world with them from 2012 to 2014 to celebrate 50 years, he would have gotten the same message from the same lawyer saying that he would not be invited in 2015.

You can't have former members as special guests forever, can you? That was never in the cards.

No insider info here, just good common sense.

Date: April 1, 2015 02:07

palerider22
Nikkei
Chacal

Right...enough is enough...The thought of wading into that sea of people in Quebec...for what? Nah....This 'ol timer needed MT to get interested...

The frustrating thing NOW is that they have all the necessary ingredients (minus Bobby Keys) at their disposal to make magic.
And they simply won't do it.

If they're not prepared to make an effort, then I can't be bothered either.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:17

Its just great they keep on going. Love Them, i do.
hope i will see them, again, in europe in 2016

jeroen

Date: April 1, 2015 02:23

Yes it's great to see them continuing going on.
It think they have realized there's limited time left for them.
This will be the fourth year in a row they're playing live in concert.
That haven't happened since to 70's!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:33 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:23

Chacal
Dreamer

Ok, you're in denial.

untrue, now this cat is in de nile:

Date: April 1, 2015 02:32

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-01 02:33 by TheBlockbuster.

Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: April 1, 2015 02:53

this looks like a "good-bye cruel shidoobee" thread from 2002.
if you want to leave NOBODY is stopping you.
oh, and NOBODY wants to hear what you have to say on the way out the door.

"and then i told them they were all FRIGGIN' IDIOTS and NO ONE AGREED!
PROVING! in fact that they all are FRIGGIN' IDIOTS!

and just to piss youse whiny types off once more,
i am going to have a good time at the shows i go's to.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home