Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22
Re: Buffalo NY USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: HammersLot ()
Date: June 7, 2015 14:26

loochie
Hi Hammer, still space in your parking lot? I'll be coming from Rochester, just for the day. thanks!
Yes I have plenty of room. I have a couple of RVs pulling in Saturday. I hope I won't have to "babysit" them Sunday morning!

Date: June 7, 2015 14:32

buffalo7478
DEmerson
BUMPING this up - really want to know if anyone is interested in sharing a Limo to and from the Townplace Suites @ Buffalo airport. 7pm pick up. $70 per person. Sounds like they are booking fast.

You may want to consider heading out earlier than 7 pm. I am guessing traffic will be quite slow, unless there is a tailgating kind of crowd (which I am hoping there will be). I plan on getting there are early as a packing lot will open.
You now where my lot is. Pull in anytime you want. I should be there by 8:00 am. It is the weekend so I usually sleep in till 6:00 am.

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:44

LadyJane
buffalo7478
SOMETHING COOL (and nice) to do the NIGHT BEFORE THE SHOW: a band called Dead Flowers, comprised of some of Buffalo's best local musicians (and Stones fanatics) will be playing a set of all Stones material at a large suburban bar called THE COVE on Transit Road. In lieu of a cover charge they are only asking for a donation to support the local food bank to help the poor....the salt of the earth.

Suburban location but not far from where many out of town fans may be staying. To make access easier (and safer) for those without cars from out of town, the bar will offer a shuttle bus to/from some area hotels. A pretty cool deal.

Hang with Stones fans, enjoy some live music and for some get a safe ride to/from. Plus with a couple dollars (or Euros, Pesos or Pounds) felp out the food bank. Look for more to be posted soon on this event.

Yes!! Going to be a fun time. Please join us!!!
If you are a Facebooker, there is an Event page with more info:
[www.facebook.com]

Bob Rich III is in a Stones cover band?

Posted by: LuvtheJag43 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 15:45

I am staying at the Orchard Park Inn in South Buffalo. Is anyone else staying there? How far from the stadium is it? How far from the airport?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 7, 2015 16:25

HammersLot,

Save me a spot too!
Can't wait...THANKS!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 8, 2015 02:23

I tried all night last night to find a hotel/motel near the stadium or 5 miles out and no luck. I would be coming in by Amtrack, no car. I figured I could always find a single ticket but the hotel is the big problem. Does anyone know of a place I may have overlooked with availability?
Thanks in advance!winking smiley

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:03

I'd like to reserve a spot in Hammers Lot too. How do I do that?

Posted by: taz22 ()
Date: June 8, 2015 03:08

About the only decent hotel left in all of metro Buffalo is the:

Extended Stay America - Buffalo - Amherst

125 Inn Keepers Ln, Amherst, NY 14228 United States of America 1-866-500-4938

Posted by: shelter ()
Date: June 8, 2015 23:21

Bus to Ralph Wilson Stadium from Buffalo Downtown :

- I'll stay at Doubletree Hilton in Downtown Buffalo and i've booked a seat in Rally Bus, if the bus is confirmed, it'll depart at 6:15 PM from the Greyhound Bus Station and at 12:00 AM from the stadium but 10 more travelers are needed to confirm the trip, the cost is $45. The link is : [rallybus.net]

- If other fans departing from Downtown without a car have other transportation options to go to the stadium, please post your plans here, thanks !

shelter from France.

Date: June 9, 2015 01:24

Thanks, TAZ22. I'll check it out.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 9, 2015 05:46

LuvtheJag43
I am staying at the Orchard Park Inn in South Buffalo. Is anyone else staying there? How far from the stadium is it? How far from the airport?

The Orchard Park in is not in S Buffalo. Its about a mile east of the Stadium in Orchard Park. Make sure you bring a can of Lysol with you. Sorry to tell you that. It is probably about a 25 min ride from the Airport.
In the greater Buffalo area it is very easy to get around.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 9, 2015 07:30

shelter
Bus to Ralph Wilson Stadium from Buffalo Downtown :

- I'll stay at Doubletree Hilton in Downtown Buffalo and i've booked a seat in Rally Bus, if the bus is confirmed, it'll depart at 6:15 PM from the Greyhound Bus Station and at 12:00 AM from the stadium but 10 more travelers are needed to confirm the trip, the cost is $45. The link is : [rallybus.net]

- If other fans departing from Downtown without a car have other transportation options to go to the stadium, please post your plans here, thanks !

shelter from France.

I might be interested in the rally bus, considering it would cost that much or more for a cab, so thanks.... only thing is I get into the greyhound station at 6:15 so it would be a little tight.

UPDATE: Okay so I saved a reservation for 2 for the rallybus with the freeze-price-for-a-week option, because I don't want to go through the hassle of rescheduling my travel plans unless I know that this is a sure bet. Hopefully some more people will sign up before then!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-10 00:24 by alieb.

Posted by: Darin75 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 21:51

Is there a curfew for the concert. Like in Columbus it was 11:30.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: June 13, 2015 22:52

I don't think the town has a noise ordinance for 11 pm, though football games have gone past that time over the years.

It looks like a similar length set virtually every night. I am sure the band's staff has timing down the full set gets played. Though it would be nice for the last American date to get a couple of extra songs.

Buffalo - last American date in 1975 and 40 years later.

HAMMER: HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU OFFLINE? WOULD BE NICE TO SET UP A TAILGATE FOR THE OUT OF TOWNERS. I PARK AT YOUR LOT A FEW TIMES A SEASON FOR THE BILLS..

Date: June 14, 2015 03:58

For everybody coming in for the Buffalo show. There is plenty of parking around the stadium. Everything from private lots to the stadium lots to Erie Community College right across the street.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-14 03:59 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:03

Have a feeling that Ruby Tuesday is going to be the fan song vote winner for Buffalo.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:07

taz22
Have a feeling that Ruby Tuesday is going to be the fan song vote winner for Buffalo.

why not Rip This Joint? It mentions Buffalo.

Date: June 14, 2015 04:12

More Hot Rocks
taz22

why not Rip This Joint? It mentions Buffalo.

Following this logic, RTJ should have been played in Dallas.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 14, 2015 04:51

mickschix
I tried all night last night to find a hotel/motel near the stadium or 5 miles out and no luck. I would be coming in by Amtrack, no car. I figured I could always find a single ticket but the hotel is the big problem. Does anyone know of a place I may have overlooked with availability?

When are you coming in?

Date: June 14, 2015 06:01

mickschix

Try these. They are all about 45 min north of the stadium

[www.tripadvisor.com]

Date: June 14, 2015 16:25

What in the 716 do you live?

Date: June 14, 2015 16:29

Buffalo 7478 Where in the 716 do you live?

Date: June 14, 2015 16:49

I live in 14127 - Orchard Park. 2 miles from Ralph Wilson Stadium. Occasion visitor to the Big Tree Inn.

Re: BUFFALO SHOW
Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: June 14, 2015 17:18

Donnebr
I am at the Residence Inn Buffalo Galleria Mall

107 Anderson Road. Hopefully we can meet up & get public transport to the gig.

Any thoughts on sharing transportation to and from the stadium? I arrive about 10am. If there is an IORR meet-up location, I'd proabably be interested in heading over to that mid to late afternoon?

Date: June 14, 2015 19:10

buffalo7478
I live in 14127 - Orchard Park. 2 miles from Ralph Wilson Stadium. Occasion visitor to the Big Tree Inn.
Lets meet today. BTI 3,4.5 pm you chose

Date: June 14, 2015 22:11

HammersLot
buffalo7478
Lets meet today. BTI 3,4.5 pm you chose

Sadly family over today. Would love to escape for a beer but then would be killed b my wife and never make it to the show next month!. You can reach me at ZipCodeTour14127@gmail.com

Tomorrow or Tuesday would work for BTI

Date: June 16, 2015 01:08

Hey Buffalo 7478, I stayed at a small motel in Orchard Park on August 8 & 9, 1975 when the Stones added on this last show on their American leg of that tour. What is the name of that small motor court? I could walk easily from the motel to the stadium...like a 3 minute walk!! I hope it's still there! This may be a dumb question because there may be more than ONE motel on that stretch of highway! Thought I'd ask!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-16 01:09 by mickschix.

Date: June 16, 2015 03:38

mickschix
Hey Buffalo 7478, I stayed at a small motel in Orchard Park on August 8 & 9, 1975 when the Stones added on this last show on their American leg of that tour. What is the name of that small motor court? I could walk easily from the motel to the stadium...like a 3 minute walk!! I hope it's still there! This may be a dumb question because there may be more than ONE motel on that stretch of highway! Thought I'd ask!

You dont want to stay at those motels anymore. If you do make sure you were a haz mat suit.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 16, 2015 14:53

A friend of mine is looking for a ride up and back from the NYC area. Queens, specifically, but can meet a driver who is local. Please let me know if you're interested, or know someone who would be. Thanks,!

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 17, 2015 19:22

a group of 20 must have booked the rally bus... reservation list went from 6 to 26 in a day

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 22

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1763
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home