Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40
Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones 2015 show and travel info
Posted by: Icetraders ()
Date: May 25, 2015 00:22

Sorry if I missed a post, but is there a tour program for sale?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:04

Follow me on Periscope and I'll try to post a few live broadcasts. @dgdamore

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:09

jazzbass
You diamond!! Thank you!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 25, 2015 01:22

jazzbass

Wish I could! Those of us on Android can't follow you. Although if anyone posts the url here we can click through and watch on our desktops.

Posted by: SoCalStone ()
Date: May 25, 2015 02:17

Is there an IORR gathering at Bub's on 7th & J St?

Posted by: longhorn14 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 04:18

This place is getting electrified. I've met so many good guys down on the streets (Socalstones, sundevil, PeterH, Jimmy). Heard some of the rehearsal (YCAGWYW, All Down the Line, Moonlight Mile, etc.). Going to be awesome!!!!
For those who aren't here, I'll enjoy it for you. Will try to tweet (@nathandragoo).
T minus 3(ish) and counting!

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 25, 2015 11:12

Oh my God. What a show. Absolute heaven. Thank God I'm going to Pittsburgh. Going to consider another as well.

Posted by: FLDEALS ()
Date: May 25, 2015 16:37

Here's a review....

Rolling Stones at Petco Park

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:00

Still trying to recover from the great Stones weekend in San Diego. Weather was perfect. Stones sounded great, but they made a few flubs here and there (like a lyric mix up on Gimmie Shelter), but they will tighten things up as the tour progresses. It may have been where I was, section A3, row 23, but during Lisa's solo on GS, I often could not hear her at all!

Stage seemed very low to me as I mostly could not see anyone. Too many tall people, I guess, but my visibility was worse than usual for that location. Keith and Ronnie also stayed put in the middle of the stage for most of the show. Not much walking over to the sides by them and I only remember seeing them on the catwalk once. I mostly had to watch the big screens.

Moonlight Mile was special for me, but I couldn't tell how it was received by the crowd. Unfortunately for me, during the early parts of the song, it's really just Mick singing with a bit of guitar, so it was relatively quiet and a woman in A3, row 22, seat around 23 or 24, took that opportunity to talk extremely loudly to her friend, really ruining the experience for me even though I was one row and 5 or so seats away from her. It was remarkably inconsiderate of her and man, did she have a loud voice.

I enjoyed the show, but it did make me remember how much I hate big stadium concerts. I chose floor seats because I never sit during a Stones concert, got to dance, and only on the floor do I have no one behind me yelling at me to sit down because they can't see. But it's always so cramped, visibility is terrible, drunks abound, and it honestly makes me dislike humanity a bit. But the Stones were great and they will get better as the tour goes on.

I'm only going to one more show, Milwaukee, and that will be a much better venue and I did spring for a really good seat there, so I think for me the best is yet to come.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:07

So happy to have met Bluzdude and Tauk...really a pleasure.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 21:09

SoCalStone

IORR was not nearly as organized as Shidoobee. They had shirts and placards on the tables. I had a hard time finding anyone and I went to both Bubs and Tinhorn. Oh well, maybe in MN….

Posted by: spidey9 ()
Date: May 25, 2015 22:03

Here is a review from the local newspaper:

[www.utsandiego.com]

Gotta hand it to the writer - this was posted at 3:00 am!

Date: May 26, 2015 02:25

roller99
SoCalStone

IORR was not nearly as organized as Shidoobee. They had shirts and placards on the tables. I had a hard time finding anyone and I went to both Bubs and Tinhorn. Oh well, maybe in MN….

I was at Bubs, but too early. Would love to meet BV to thank him for this wonderful website. Maybe in Milwaukee. I was also at Moonshine Flats, but didn't stay long because they weren't playing Stones music. I like to hear Stones before and after a Stones concert.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:38

You needed to go to the Deck area of Moonshine Flats where it was nothing but Stones music and dancing and singing Shidoobees. Was great fun. There were some IORRians there. Got to meet Thru and Thru. Got to meet Bluz Dude on the street by happenstance as he was wearing his IORR shirt.I did go into Bubs but no BV, both before and after the show, but I heard he was listening to the sound check a little while before.

What is the name of the store which is carrying a lot of Stones wear, etc.? Something like the Brand. I want to go there before I leave San Diego tomorrow.

plexi

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: May 26, 2015 03:48

timbernardis
You needed to go to the Deck area of Moonshine Flats where it was nothing but Stones music and dancing and singing Shidoobees. Was great fun. There were some IORRians there. Got to meet Thru and Thru. Got to meet Bluz Dude on the street by happenstance as he was wearing his IORR shirt.I did go into Bubs but no BV, both before and after the show, but I heard he was listening to the sound check a little while before.

What is the name of the store which is carrying a lot of Stones wear, etc.? Something like the Brand. I want to go there before I leave San Diego tomorrow.

plexi

Check out Luck Brand on 5th-- really cool. I bought a few items.

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 04:51

We had a blast! What a show! The Start Me Up experience was nice too. Free food and drinks. Good food too! Walked right by the line to get in. Very seamless night. Scored a cool San Diego poster thanks to my girlfriend going during the show!

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 26, 2015 06:46

Icetraders
Sorry if I missed a post, but is there a tour program for sale?

If you didn't get one there, you can still get one online through the Stones website store. Very nicely printed, $30 was a little steep, but had to buy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 17:29 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: May 26, 2015 07:10

KevinP1980
We had a blast! What a show! The Start Me Up experience was nice too. Free food and drinks. Good food too! Walked right by the line to get in. Very seamless night. Scored a cool San Diego poster thanks to my girlfriend going during the show!

Hey Kevin, we were in the Start Me Up Experience early and were hoping we could meet. Had a great time, though people on the field were incredibly rude. Our seats were just to the right of the satellite stage but in the front of the second section (A12), but people were constantly walking in front of us, or just stopping and watching the show in the aisle. Security was almost useless, there was one man who was trying to get people to move along, but people would fill in the space. My short friend had a very hard time seeing the show. It has been a very long time since I have seen a stadium show, I don't remember encountering this problem before. They should have just made it general admission if they were going to let anyone walk anywhere, where were all those people going? The port-a-potties? But that aside the concert was great I thought, a few flubs, but oh well just happy to have the opportunity to see them again. I thought their energy was great, thought Keith looked and played better than Staples 2 years ago. I really enjoyed Karl's takes on the sax numbers. I took a lot of very nice photos too. I thought Mick relied less on Lisa and Bernard this time too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-26 07:13 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 08:14

So where's the right thread to post other stuff about other bands?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 26, 2015 09:16

Posted by: KevinP1980 ()
Date: May 26, 2015 21:55

The San Diego poster and shirt are available on the Stones website. Love that image....

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: May 27, 2015 00:56

JadedFaded
Still trying to recover from the great Stones weekend in San Diego. Weather was perfect. Stones sounded great, but they made a few flubs here and there (like a lyric mix up on Gimmie Shelter), but they will tighten things up as the tour progresses. It may have been where I was, section A3, row 23, but during Lisa's solo on GS, I often could not hear her at all!

Stage seemed very low to me as I mostly could not see anyone. Too many tall people, I guess, but my visibility was worse than usual for that location. Keith and Ronnie also stayed put in the middle of the stage for most of the show. Not much walking over to the sides by them and I only remember seeing them on the catwalk once. I mostly had to watch the big screens.

Moonlight Mile was special for me, but I couldn't tell how it was received by the crowd. Unfortunately for me, during the early parts of the song, it's really just Mick singing with a bit of guitar, so it was relatively quiet and a woman in A3, row 22, seat around 23 or 24, took that opportunity to talk extremely loudly to her friend, really ruining the experience for me even though I was one row and 5 or so seats away from her. It was remarkably inconsiderate of her and man, did she have a loud voice.

I enjoyed the show, but it did make me remember how much I hate big stadium concerts. I chose floor seats because I never sit during a Stones concert, got to dance, and only on the floor do I have no one behind me yelling at me to sit down because they can't see. But it's always so cramped, visibility is terrible, drunks abound, and it honestly makes me dislike humanity a bit. But the Stones were great and they will get better as the tour goes on.

I'm only going to one more show, Milwaukee, and that will be a much better venue and I did spring for a really good seat there, so I think for me the best is yet to come.
I agree with you on a lot of your post. I am 5' tall and there was a guy about 6'4" in front of me. It was really tough to see the stage and the band was deep into the stage area. Like you said they hardly came out to the stage that stretched out to the audience. That was my chance to see them better. We were in 2nd row of A12 so the aisle was in front of us. Concert was great but most of my photos/videos were with heads walking by or stopping to watch the concert. Not sure where they were seated but it was kind of hard for the security to make them go to their seats. Just too many people thinking the same thing. Moonlight Mile visuals were amazing but I couldn't get a good photo without heads in them. hahaha It's ok though because I've found some youtube videos people have posted that show the graphics. That's a bummer about that woman who talked loud during that song. Have fun at the next show you attend! So lucky! I wish I could go to another!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 01:00 by JayBee.

Posted by: JayBee ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:05

roller99
SoCalStone

Spotted quite a few of the Shidoobees with their blue shirts. Did not see any IORR people and we made buttons to wear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-05-27 01:06 by JayBee.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:33

A so so video of Moonlight Mile:

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:55

roller99
So where's the right thread to post other stuff about other bands?

You can start a new thread anytime you want. Be sure to put an OT in front of the thread title if it's not Stones related. bv kinda frowns on too many OT threads but hey if you've got something exciting to share I'd be the last one to discourage you.

There are also a couple of other threads to post what you are listening to or a video you like but they are many many pages long and some good stuff tends to get lost in them, here those are.

[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

peace

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 27, 2015 01:56

JayBee
roller99
SoCalStone

Spotted quite a few of the Shidoobees with their blue shirts. Did not see any IORR people and we made buttons to wear.

That's because they don't show up when they say they will, at least at California shows. (Same thing back in 2013.)

I was wearing an IORR t-shirt and I spotted others wearing them too (and they spotted me). I had at least 4 people come up to me and asked who I was. I was at the Deck at Moonshine Flats from about 3:15 to 4:30 at which time we left to check out the sound check. We would have come back, but there was nobody there, other than myself, with my IORR identifier (T-shirt).

Re: San Diego CA USA Rolling Stones setlist
Posted by: hirschjaeger ()
Date: May 27, 2015 03:15

new tour old setlist always the same boring hits in 19989-1990 they playd 25-27 hits, this 18 Songs and 5-7 new ore other hits now they Play just 18 Songs,
i hopoed they continue like on 20 may very sad remember Stones have more than 100 super hits beside this 18 songs

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: May 27, 2015 22:55

Private show at the Belly Up Tavern in Solano Beach tonight...

Date: May 28, 2015 03:20

mighty stork
A so so video of Moonlight Mile:

Thank you Mighty Stork for posting this video. The song was ruined for me Sunday because someone near me who didn't know or care about the song, was talking really loudly all thru it, so I really enjoyed listening to this video.

Anyone else notice that stonesnews misquoted Mick when he was talking about service people? He said "and your quite welcome" which is clearly heard on this video, but is not what is listed on stonesnews.com

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: May 28, 2015 03:30

69firebird
Billy Magee Blues Band will play tonight from about 9pm till about 1am at Patricks. I will get there about 10pm.This is a GREAT guitarist not to be missed if you are in Dan Diego. Let the Rolling Stones weekend party start!

Hi mate,

It was a great night. Thanks for getting it sorted. Send me an email please.

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 39 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1422
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home