Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1972 Shows
Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: July 10, 2005 10:37

I remember reading a message a while back, on this site, that most if not all of the 72 shows that have not been released are in someone(s) hands. I really do not understand why these shows cannot be gotten out. I have been collecting Stones shows since 1975, bought my first boot at the 6/22/75 MSG show, and the 72 shows are my favorites. Hell if I had them in my hands I would have to get them out. I truly hope that money has nothing to do with it but I fear it is all about money, could someone please explain the whole thing.

Re: 1972 Shows
Posted by: Sam Spade ()
Date: July 10, 2005 17:18

Decca has an unreleased live album of the '72 shows. I've heard Gimme Sheleter from that unreleased "goodie" There is also a version of Midnight Rambler from MSG floating around on WinMx.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 10, 2005 18:16

their were heavy rumors goin around in september of 72 of a double live album with stevie wonders set on 1 of them....supposeingly 1 of the philly shows,,,but it got canned....ive read somewhere that stones hav buckets of live recordings from 72 tour but their in the vault....To me that unreleased decca live album is the top boot,, quality wise

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 10, 2005 18:37

Wonder where the rest of the Houston shows are. Seems to me that the songs on L&G (-the movie) from Houston, are exellent performed. Would have been greate to hear the entire showssmiling smiley

Posted by: S.T.P ()
Date: July 10, 2005 18:51

I've read somewhere that almost the complete double live album from '72 was aired on an american radio station sometime during the fall of '72. Anyway, why is it called the Unreleased "DECCA"live album? Shouldn't it have been on "Rolling Stones Records"?

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 10, 2005 19:01

S.T.P Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've read somewhere that almost the complete
> double live album from '72 was aired on an
> american radio station sometime during the fall of
> '72.

It was aired on a radio station in Cleveland (WMMS) on 11-08-1972:

- YCAGWYW
- Sweet Virginia
- Bitch
- All Down The Line
- Happy
- Tumbling Dice
- Rip This Joint
- Gimme Shelter
- Brown Sugar
- Uptight / Satisfaction

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 10, 2005 19:36

The recordings of the unreleased 1972 live album are available on "Keep Your Motor Runnin'" (VGP-243).

Posted by: mtripoli ()
Date: July 11, 2005 01:07

Actually, what I was referring to was shows from San Diego, Denver,Minneapolis,Detroit,St Louis etc. I have to believe that there were fans there that taped these shows and they now are holding on to them for dear life. Someone stated that they will probably not be put out because they are afraid that others will then re-do them on their labels (vgp, etc....). I hope someone with a high level of testosterone in their blood will get these out (like the release of "NEW YORK GARDEN", it took me 2 weeks to download those 2 shows and I would NEVER buy the VGP disks). Again it seems that money is the main reason, or am I wrong?

Date: July 11, 2005 10:57

Hi Mike,

Hope all is ok with you.
I guess that's not only money ; it has also to do with people who like to keep things for themselves.

The Stones recorded every show since a long time. I know they taped all 72 shows.
Audience tapes of all shows must be around.

All recent discoveries of 72 shows have been the work of dedicated fans who asked around if people had been taping or had special tapes in their posession.
So help as well.
With every new email contact ask them always: do you have , or do you know people who have made tapes etc.

Best Regards,
Erwin J. Hoetjes (also known as Schuine Hondsbossche)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home