Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Pink Floyd at Live8
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: July 9, 2005 23:44

What a great performance! It seemed that Roger Waters had a blast playing with his old band-mates, which begs many questions. Gilmour was in fine voice, and was simply brilliant on his guitar lines. This highly-anticipated reunion exceeded all expectations, maybe even to the band themselves. Apart from being simply awed, I gained a great measure of respect for these men to be able to recapture the old magic seemingly effortlessly.

Re: OT: Pink Floyd at Live8
Date: July 10, 2005 00:49

Sorry but I was less impressed. I love PF, and have ever since the early 1970s. But I can't help but feel that the Live 8 performance was little more than a marketing triumph...one that labelled their appearance as spectacular "even before they came on stage." It was great hype and I suspect it will lead to a reunion tour. Lots of $$$$ involved. Their Live 8 performance was a bit dragged out I thought.

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: July 10, 2005 01:29

There is lots of $$$$$ involved, but the band had no intention of using Live 8 to profit from their performance as they have proved by donating all profits from their increaseed record sales to charity. I agree with bassplayer, they were absolutely the best band of the day.

Posted by: chippy ()
Date: July 10, 2005 02:09

Mylive 8 MVP was REM

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: July 10, 2005 04:02

richard from canada i like your posts but with all do respect watch the performance again,bass player lets put it this way,i was never a huge floyd fan,despite my respect of there enormous talents,after live 8,thats all changed.great performance gilmour was simply stunning.

john scialfa

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: July 10, 2005 05:30

It was a great to see them all together again!

I think it was Gilmour when asked what he thought about the performence right after he walked off the stage "it was like having sex with your ex wife after twent years".
I think that says enough about any reunion tour!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 10, 2005 05:54

I feel exactly the way backstreetboy does. never was big on PF, always knew all their stuff. But I was blown away by their performance. especially the way Waters was pumping his fist and mouthing the words along to "Numb" while Gilmore was singing.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 10, 2005 07:04

I mentioned in the recent post about David Gilmour about how Billboard reported that Floyd were rumoured to have been offered $200 million for a reunion tour but he turned it down!

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: July 10, 2005 15:44

Yeah, I've read that too. I think Waters, Mason and Wright would jump at the idea of a fullscale reunion tour, but not fat Dave. He very reluctantly joined the others for the last bow.

I don't think they should reform, frankly. That will preserve the sanctity of last week's show.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 11, 2005 01:38

They stole the show.Lets hope they bury the hatchett and record some new stuff.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 11, 2005 02:30

I saw that too Nikolai. Roger sort of had to motion him over. But I chalked that up to Gilmore just feeling uncomfortable linking up with anyone in a row and taking a bow. He might think it overall silly. Gilmore looks positively frightening with those piercing eyes...
I'm not a PF expert; it seemed that Roger was really enjoying himself. I thouight that he of all people was superstoic; never showed fun. But he was actually boogie-ing a little. I thought Roger sang more though.
I tell you who I was suprised to see up there with them was Richard Wright.
PF hadn't rehearsed in 10 yeasr and came up blew me away.
The Stones couldn't play because they had tp practice. ???

Date: July 13, 2005 01:36

Now Pink Floyd are scheduled to perform in Monaco for Prince Albert's coronation or whatever. Sounds like they are building themselves up for a monster tour which will likely outsell the Stones this time around. I heard that U2 will also be there. I wonder if it is just a crazy rumour.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1582
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home