Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goose pimples
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: July 12, 2005 10:32

Ain't it fantastic!

I just put on Fourty Licks and right after "Start Me up" and "Brown Sugar", "Miss You" and "Beast Of Burden" comes on. I start to get these goose pimples all over my skinny body.....I mean, I suppose I listen to these songs some odd 200 times a year for the past 20 years and they still amaze me.

Stones make me SOOOOOOOOOOO glad :-)

Re: Goose pimples
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 12, 2005 10:55

I know what you are talking about. I remember listening for the first time the second album of 40 Licks and thinking to myself: "jeez, these songs are just so @#$%& good".. The same trick happens every time I put the record on.. the sequence of the first songs is superb: "Start Me Up", "Brown Sugar", "Miss You", "Beast Of Burden"... even the weaker "Don't Stop" is soon healed by "Happy" and "Angie". Then the standard collapses. But who cares, as in their originall albums and in in their concerts, the Stones understand the importance of first impression.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-12 10:55 by Doxa.

Posted by: skelly ()
Date: July 12, 2005 11:09

On a similar note, I always remember the first time I heard Sticky Fingers. I had the goose pimples and still do sometimes when I listen to this album. I was on a school trip to Belgium around 1990 and had my Sony walkman with me. On the way home on the bus we stopped at a service station and they had the album on special offer so I bought it. It just blew me away, I'd never heard anything like it before (or since), a great start to an album. Infact a great album all in. I never spoke to anyone all the way home, just listened to Sticky Fingers over and over again.

I think I've bust a button on my trousers....

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 12, 2005 15:14

The first time I heard "Exile". The opening guitar, then that tape squeal, the Jagger "Oh yeah". It changed my world.
Where to this day I get goose bumps is on the Ya-Ya's version of "Stray Cat Blues". IMO Keith plays the most perfect electric guitar on that tune. It is behind Taylor's solo. When it goes to the C-G-D. On the last chord (the D) Keith rambles it SO COOL!! And then right after that the two guitars come crashing in together on the big A chord. (The one where Jagger usually goes "Bet your mama don't know..")
The thing about that A part is I was listening to it once ages ago. I was real stoned. And I kept seeing the two guitars as train tracks zooming along. They are running in the same direction but on slightly different routes. On the A chord in beginning of the part they come together and run parallel for a bar or two and then they veer apart when Taylor starts flying away with the notes within the chord, while Keith keeps hammering the A note. It's hard to explain in a posting but it will rock my universe the enxt time I hear it again. Am looking forward to it. haha

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 12, 2005 23:17

That's why I was lost for words when I met Taylor last year. I couldn't get Ya Yas out of my head !

"alright Mick ? er, em, er,mmmm ............bye!" . oh shit ! - I want to die.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home