Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Marianne Faithfull and the chanteuses of ’65
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 24, 2015 16:27

I copped the topic subject from the link below. The Stones and Andrew Loog Oldham are noted in the article. The songs used are something else. Did we really listen to this stuff back in the day? I do know that summer 1965 was when the theme song for my life - Satisfaction - blasted out over the radio airwaves. 65 was also the year I discovered Dylan through the Bringing It All Back Home album. Anyway, I digress. Enjoy the chanteuses.

[1965book.com]

Re: OT: Marianne Faithfull and the chanteuses of ’65
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 24, 2015 16:40

How does one write of the "chanteuses of '65" and not mention Dusty Springfield? Nico in 1965? Did those songs even chart?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: March 24, 2015 16:56

I have a friend who tells the story of "his friend" who went to a Dusty Springfield performance in a bar, she took a drink from his glass... she left her lipstick marks on the glass and he took it home as a souvenir! thumbs up

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: March 24, 2015 17:14

Yep Dusty should have been in there and Francoise Hardy, I love her Vogue vinyls. My musical interest for Faithfull and Nico came later.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1909
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home