Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Lisa Fischer
Posted by: Caliblues ()
Date: March 21, 2015 22:54

IORR Editor comment:
This is OLD information from BEFORE the 2015 tour was announced...

-----

Sorry if I missed something. Maybe a different Lisa Fischer? I see on Pollstar.com that a Lisa is on a solo tour and is in Antwerp, Belgium on May 24 then continuing in Europe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-04-09 23:20 by bv.

Re: Lisa Fischer
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:15

stop it, you're freaking me out.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:19

Lisa has cancelled and rescheduled a few dates due to the Stones tour..

She wrote a very moving letter about how the Rolling Stones mean so much to her... and sorry to have to cancel, reschedule, etc.
The current leg of her tour (I saw her in Seattle last week!!) ends May 10 in LA.. then a one-off in Ottowa on June 19th..
And a Vancouver gig I think on the 25th before getting back to it in August..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-21 23:20 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:24

Her website days may 10th California and june 19th Canada. After that, she will have gigs in august.

Date: March 21, 2015 23:29

A MESSAGE FROM LISA FISCHER
... I offer you my deepest apologies for any and all inconveniences I've caused you. Please know that I don't take your kindness and support lightly. Its a rare a beautiful gift to have a second chance in this fragile music realm, and I thank you for taking a chance on me at this curious time in my life.

As I go through my strange alchemy from support singer to Chanteuse I realize I have so much to be thankful for. Again for your support and for everyone and everything that has brought me to this point.

The Rolling Stones have been such a beautiful fabric of not only my musical life, but of my whole Being... I've watched their children have children, been there through thick and thin...and, as dysfunctional as this may sound, they are like family to me. When they reach out to me for vocal support, it goes beyond the music. It goes to the flow of so many delicate and personal things that can't be measured or put into words...

With a sincere heart...

Lisa

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: March 21, 2015 23:31

When they reach out to me for vocal support

Pfff

Date: March 21, 2015 23:36

andrea66
Her website days may 10th California and june 19th Canada. After that, she will have gigs in august.
It's odd the Vancouver gig isn't listed there.. still a go according to the venue.
Lisa's letter was the first real confirmation of a summer tour.. at least for me.

Another interesting side note: when the venue first re-scheduled the Vancouver gig, they said it was because she was going to be in milwaukee with the stones that night..(June 25th).. hmmm..

From the Vancouver Jazz Festival...
Please note the NEW DATE for this performance. Due to a scheduling conflict with Lisa Fischer singing backup for the Rolling Stones on their just-announced tour, Lisa Fischer and Grand Baton’s performance has been rescheduled to WEDNESDAY, JUNE 24, 2015. Previously purchased tickets will be valid on the new performance date; there is no need to exchange tickets. If you wish to refund your ticket, please contact the Royal & McPherson Box Office at 250-386-6121.

Date: March 21, 2015 23:45

NEWMAN

Pfff

Course it wasn't "moving" to everyone....
Newman... (in my best Seinfeld voice)

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:06

That is a lovely message from Lisa.

I really enjoyed her role in 20 feet from Stardom.

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:13

And now she has cancelled her cancellations because of uncertainty....!!

Who understands, maybe she will anyway perform her cancelled tour and just focus on the London part with Stones, 15 conserts in O2 and Hyde Park....

smileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 22, 2015 00:24

NEWMAN

Pfff

thumbs up

peace

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:47

MisterDDDD
NEWMAN

Pfff

Course it wasn't "moving" to everyone....
Newman... (in my best Seinfeld voice)

It needs to be all in capitals, NEWMAN, with and exclamation mark NEWMAN! but in a hushed tone.

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: April 9, 2015 20:57

Saw her last night in Santa Cruz, California at the Rio Theater. She was great! Her voice is such a beautiful instrument. Did a mix of other people's music, then a few Stones songs at the end. The arrangements were different and beautiful. JJF, IORR and a long Miss You. Encores with Gimme Shelter. Again, very different than the stones arrangements.

She really exuded warmth and love throughout the show. She wiped aware tears after a few emotional tunes (I had front row). Playful during tunes with band and fans. Lisa was great interacting with the guitarist and bass player; never ventured over to the drummer.

She used two microphones. The one she held was direct, the one on a stand had a booming and echoing effect. She would sing into both at times. Other times her voice was so powerful, the mike on the stand would pick her voice up from 5 to 10 feet away. The use of two mic's was great.

A wonderful show!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:06

Thanks for the report, that must have been great. What kind of band did she have with her?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: April 9, 2015 21:12

Forgot all their names.

Guitarist. Mainly accoustic, but some electric. He had long dread locks that would go in front of his face. Tall and really thin. Lisa said he did the musical arrangements.

Bass- really good. Did a lot of stand up bass. Him and the guitarist interacted quite a bit.

Drummer. Good.

Should have remembered their names. She mentioned them several times.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home