Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Produced by Ian Stewart
Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 17, 2015 23:57

I was watching the third DVD within the Bigger Bang DVD set. This is the DVD which has three programs regarding Shanghai, Argentina and Japan. I noticed under
The credits it states "produced by Ian Stewart". I'm sure this was probably
Posted in the past but this was the first time I had noticed this thoughtful
gesture.

Re: Produced by Ian Stewart
Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: March 18, 2015 02:15

swimtothemoon
I was watching the third DVD within the Bigger Bang DVD set. This is the DVD which has three programs regarding Shanghai, Argentina and Japan. I noticed under
gesture.

Thoughtful Gesture ? - I was embarassed going to the premier of Crossfire Hurricane - in their finest The Rolling Stones did not even mention Stu in Crossfire Hurricane. How sad in a documentary detailing their finest hour no mention of Stu. Sad Sad Sad, that's why I will never buy this DVD. No dig at you swimtothemoon.just posting my observations.

Date: March 18, 2015 06:51

Hmm..I'm shocked they left Stu off Crossfire Huricane. I only watched it once.
This being the case, I'm sure the band would be embarrassed of the omission as
well. They all have deep respect for Stu.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 18, 2015 07:31

Tonstone
swimtothemoon
gesture.

Thoughtful Gesture ? - I was embarassed going to the premier of Crossfire Hurricane - in their finest The Rolling Stones did not even mention Stu in Crossfire Hurricane. How sad in a documentary detailing their finest hour no mention of Stu. Sad Sad Sad, that's why I will never buy this DVD. No dig at you swimtothemoon.just posting my observations.

I was also a bit shocked that Stu wasn't recognized in Crossfire Hurricane, and wonder if it was intentional, an oversight or just plain stupidity. Brett Morgen did the screenplay and directed, maybe he was just clueless, but Producer Mick Jagger should have made a point here, imo.

peace

Date: March 18, 2015 08:11

Yes, it must have just slipped. Almost as bad as forgetting Brian Jones!
I really don't remember much of the movie except being disappointed in how they handled the later years (or lack of).

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: March 18, 2015 17:16

swimtothemoon
gesture.

That was probably another Ian Stewart: [www.imdb.com]

There is also a mathematician named Ian Stewart: [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: March 18, 2015 19:54

For all their talk about how much Stu meant to them, his complete absence from CH is an insult to the memory of a real stand-up guy who had every right to tell them to piss off in '63.

I view Crossfire Hurricane as Jagger's Cliff Notes Guide to the Rolling Stones. Showing only the "best of" 1965-1981. It's as if the band didn't exist before "Satisfaction." A mildly interesting doc for people who don't really care that much about the Stones but would like to have something to say if the subject comes up at a cocktail party. Less-than-interested people watching this would think that Bill Wyman is still the bass player.

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: March 18, 2015 20:28

I think its fairly obvious there will be a part 2 beginning in 1989...that one will of cours focus on the live tours and longevity aspect of the band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1301
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home