Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
will Keith get 2 songs or 3 on the upcoming tour?
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: March 14, 2015 23:51

?

Re: will Keith get 2 songs or 3 on the upcoming tour?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 15, 2015 00:05

In their new democratic spirit, out of about 20 songs played, Keith will get five, as will Charlie, Ronnie, and Mick. Chuck and Darryl are rumored to be involved as "special guest" lead vocalists on select shows, and every night a lucky fan will be randonly plucked out of the audience and brought on stage to sing Streets Of Love.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2015 00:15

71Tele
In their new democratic spirit, out of about 20 songs played, Keith will get five, as will Charlie, Ronnie, and Mick. Chuck and Darryl are rumored to be involved as "special guest" lead vocalists on select shows, and every night a lucky fan will be randonly plucked out of the audience and brought on stage to sing Streets Of Love.

SOF really? I heard from an insider source it'll be "Dancing In The Dark"...

Date: March 15, 2015 00:20

dcba
71Tele

SOF really? I heard from an insider source it'll be "Dancing In The Dark"...

Actually, there will be a different song each night, chosen by members of the IORR forum. I already have my vote in for Downtown Suzy.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2015 00:51

Me I'll pick C*cksucker Blues... Imagine Jagger singing this one in Orlando with a 75 yo pensioner...

Date: March 15, 2015 00:52

dcba
Me I'll pick C*cksucker Blues... Imagine Jagger singing this one in Orlando with a 75 yo pensioner...

I'm imagining it now...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:00

Well I'm going to request Winning Ugly.

Date: March 15, 2015 01:12

GasLightStreet

There's always someone who has to spoil things for everyone else...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:21

GasLightStreet

I'll buy your ticket if you don't

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:24

Just the one hopefully...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 15, 2015 01:54

More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet

I changed my mind. It's Back To Zero now.

Any more thinly veiled obvious threats of buying my ticket and I'll up the ante to Rock And A Hard Place. DON'T make me do it.

Date: March 15, 2015 01:57

GasLightStreet
More Hot Rocks
GasLightStreet

I changed my mind. It's Back To Zero now.

Any more thinly veiled obvious threats of buying my ticket and I'll up the ante to Rock And A Hard Place. DON'T make me do it.

As long as it isn't Out of Control.

Seriously though, I think Mick and Keith will end up compromising and Keith will get 2.5 songs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-15 02:41 by 71Tele.

Posted by: MrThompsonWooft ()
Date: March 15, 2015 09:20

Why not 4?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 15, 2015 10:08

71Tele
As long as it isn't Out of Control.

Seriously though, I think Mick and Keith will end up compromising and Keith will get 2.5 songs.

That's a thought, two Keith songs (unless Mick has voice problems) and the two of them on HAPPY !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 15, 2015 13:24

I vote for 3 Richards lead vocal songs including some of the 'Bridges to Babylon' tracks ..... "Thief in the Night" / "You Don't Have to Mean It" / and "How Can I Stop" . They could even do all 3 of them.

Or,they could do "Coming Down Again" / "Can't Be Seen" / and a duet on either "Connection" or "Happy" with the duet song rotating from concert to concert.

Maybe some more "Learning the Game" . One time doesn't seem like enough.

That sounds like the best plan to me.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 15, 2015 13:34

If they decide that Mick's voice needs a longer mid-gig break, then Keith will get 3 songs. Might be a good concession to the realities of Being Mick in his Seventies

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:17

The Keith songs (where he does lead vocals) is so over-represented by now, even more so in their nearly Warhorses only mode. What a breath of fresh air if they let Ronnie take the lead for a couple of songs, while Jagger takes a rest.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:01

One will do.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:36

Winning Ugly VXII
I vote for 3 Richards lead vocal songs including some of the 'Bridges to Babylon' tracks ..... "Thief in the Night" / "You Don't Have to Mean It" / and "How Can I Stop" . They could even do all 3 of them.

Or,they could do "Coming Down Again" / "Can't Be Seen" / and a duet on either "Connection" or "Happy" with the duet song rotating from concert to concert.

not to get personal, but how big is your bladder? how long a piss break do you need?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 15, 2015 16:37

bobo
One will do.

Totally.

Date: March 16, 2015 00:37

treaclefingers
Winning Ugly VXII

not to get personal, but how big is your bladder? how long a piss break do you need?

I usually take my piss break during "Miss You" if I can pull it off. "You Got Me Rocking" is usually played too early in the set.

"Honkey Tonk Women" these days is a solid back-up option to "Miss You" for a piss break. Even the god-awful recent pre-programmed version of "Sympathy" could work.

I won't be going anywhere during the Richards lead vocal set,especially if they play any combination of the 8 songs that I mentioned above.

I would much rather hear those than all of the ridiculous "hoo-hoo's" and "hey-hey's" and "whoo-whoo's" .

That's just my taste,though.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 16, 2015 00:38

Happy and Connection I hope.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:39

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-28 15:07 by camper88.

Date: March 16, 2015 01:41

Losing My Little T+A / Coming Down Tonight

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 16, 2015 01:50

SweetThing
The Keith songs (where he does lead vocals) is so over-represented by now, even more so in their nearly Warhorses only mode. What a breath of fresh air if they let Ronnie take the lead for a couple of songs, while Jagger takes a rest.

Yeah, let's think outside the box for once. Skip them altogether. I'm sure it's plausible to conduct a Rolling Stones without a Keith section. The only problem would be when to take the pee break then...

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 16, 2015 02:40

Yes, please!

Date: March 16, 2015 02:45

Stoneage
SweetThing

Yeah, let's think outside the box for once. Skip them altogether. I'm sure it's plausible to conduct a Rolling Stones without a Keith section. The only problem would be when to take the pee break then...

Have you been to a show over the last ten years ?? There should not be any shortage of Jagger lead vocal pee break songs. A quarter of the set list could easily qualify.

Anyway,not a good idea to push it with a lead singer over 70 years old. That is unless you want concerts called off and / or postponed and waste money on travel expenses.

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: March 16, 2015 10:09

I'd like to see them go back to the 25 to 27 songlist and let Keith have 3 at the mike. I'd die to see/hear him do 'Coming Down Again' as I just love that song.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: March 16, 2015 11:40

Winning Ugly VXII
Stoneage
SweetThing

Have you been to a show over the last ten years ?? There should not be any shortage of Jagger lead vocal pee break songs. A quarter of the set list could easily qualify.

Anyway,not a good idea to push it with a lead singer over 70 years old. That is unless you want concerts called off and / or postponed and waste money on travel expenses.

when is Mick himself supposed to take a pee break then?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2015 15:18

Nikkei
Winning Ugly VXII
Stoneage
SweetThing

when is Mick himself supposed to take a pee break then?

a pee break needn't take that long. perhaps Keith could simply tell a lemon tree anecdote while mick is off-stage..."so by the time September rolled around every day I'd picked this enormous basket of lemons, big ones, really big if you know what I mean, he he, and...whoa Mick, you're back"

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2311
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home