Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith's Hair
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:32

A loving ode to Keith's locks. I'm including a few of the photos, worth clicking on the link for the rest of the wild and untamable story of Keith's hair. What else is there to do on a snow day? grinning smiley

A LIFE IN HAIR: THE KEITH RICHARDS STORY

I don’t think there is any rock star in history that has inspired so many boys (and girls) to imitate. As my old boyfriend once said, “Oh, so I’m the first guy you’ve ever dated who took a picture of Keith Richards to the hairdresser?” Below is Keith’s tresses through the ages.
By Gillian McCain

Classic early Keith: Probably got treated well at Harrods, even after pocketing that paisley handkerchief. The slightly crooked bangs are in interesting touch. Self-inflicted?

Two shampoos less a week: On his way to juvenile delinquency, vocational school or rock stardom. Mum concerned.

The ironic just-about-to-be-thrown out of Eton look. Template for many British rock stars for decades to come.

Now he’s owning it. The rooster shag. Possibly cut by a Morrocan idiot-man-boy-child pool boy? Or Anita?

Boys all over the world request their older sisters to dig out the scissors. Modified-mullet, shag. inspiration for Johnny Thunders who took it to another level—full rooster, plus a shit load lot of aqua net. Then he strutted around like a peacock, and started a fashion trend himself.

Chop-chop. Possibly the break-up do? Fifty six percent of women and twenty-one percent of men change their hair after a break-up.

Here Keith goes 80s without totally going eighties. Right move: now that everyone is doing the spiky thing Keith gives it up. Now, Patti, thats another story– but she can pull off anything.

The approaching middle-aged @#$%& you, predicated with a touch of gray. I may be getting older but I’ve got a cover girl on my arm, and she’s smart, sexy-as hell, and can almost drink me under the table. And she’s got Staten Island street cred. One more word from you and one of her brothers will pummel you.

The Why Pretend look. The girl on the right is cool enough not to give a @#$%&, the color is good, its soft, got a move of its own. I love this hair.

[pleasekillme.com]

Re: Keith's Hair
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 6, 2015 19:35

The girl on the right is his wife smoking smiley

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 6, 2015 20:06

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: March 6, 2015 20:07

70s

00s

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: March 6, 2015 21:06

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 6, 2015 21:11

Sweet. The writer seems not to know that in the 60s and 70s (at least!) Keith always cut his own hair.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:01

most likely still does ............

ROCKMAN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 6, 2015 23:10

Rockman

Thinking of my own experiences, could you imagine IF Keith was ever to go into a barber shop or have a stylist ask him how he wanted his hair cut? Most of us would answer with some sort of description of what we wanted. What's Keith going to say? "Just give me the damn scissors, I'll do it myself. And if you come one step closer to me with that comb, I'll cut you myself".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2015 00:40

mr_dja
Rockman

Thinking of my own experiences, could you imagine IF Keith was ever to go into a barber shop or have a stylist ask him how he wanted his hair cut? Most of us would answer with some sort of description of what we wanted. What's Keith going to say? "Just give me the damn scissors, I'll do it myself. And if you come one step closer to me with that comb, I'll cut you myself".

Peace,
Mr DJA

it's all about the clarity of expression.

Date: March 7, 2015 00:53

treaclefingers
mr_dja
Rockman

Peace,
Mr DJA

it's all about the clarity of expression.

As the victim of one too many bad haircuts over the decades, I can tell you that even with clarity of expression, you best be prepared to wield the blade yourself, and I do remember taking some scissors to my bangs back in the 80's. Patti's hairstyle was all the rage, though it didn't exactly suit me.grinning smiley

Date: March 7, 2015 01:01

This is the first time I see a picture of Keith resembling Mick a lot....confused smiley grinning smiley

Date: March 7, 2015 01:39

emotionalbarbecue

This is the first time I see a picture of Keith resembling Mick a lot....confused smiley grinning smiley

Check out the cover of Through The Past Darkly smoking smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 7, 2015 02:34

My all time favourite pic of Keith.

Sorry they're so big. Not sure why.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: March 7, 2015 11:56

this picture is fantastic.
love anita.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: March 7, 2015 14:52

emotionalbarbecue

F*CK... Very well spotted!! I didn't see that at ALL; but now you've pointed it out, it's quite crystal-clear.
And dàmn, I don't even know if I like to see it that way... too androgynous for my taste, if you get what I'm saying. Can't get that image out of my head, now. (Thanx a million for that, you.. !!) winking smiley

Posted by: beachbreak ()
Date: March 8, 2015 04:52

I like the 1999 hair with the stuff clipped into it.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: March 8, 2015 08:54

beachbreak

Glad somebody liked it

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 8, 2015 09:55

Plink
beachbreak

Glad somebody liked it

I did too, not many people have entertaining hair. grinning smiley

I like all the incarnations, really.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 8, 2015 12:00

latebloomer

Here Keith goes 80s without totally going eighties. Right move: now that everyone is doing the spiky thing Keith gives it up. Now, Patti, thats another story– but she can pull off anything.

Well it was the spiky thing that started to give up on him in the late 70s and more so by the early 80s.

I never believed he'd done any surgery but it sures looks like he did something in the 90s. He has that Jack Nicholson "forever balding but not bald"-hair.

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 12:55

Late 70's/early 80's was his best hair era

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:12

Sam4741
True he was sizzling hot during the 1978 and 1981 tours! Especially singing Happy in live in Texas 1978!>grinning smiley<smoking smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 8, 2015 13:49

He looks the coolest in the "thrown out of Eton" pic.

Date: March 8, 2015 14:52

Sam4741

Early 70's was nice too....grinning smiley

Date: March 8, 2015 15:06

latebloomer
Sam4741

Thank for posting latebloomer this is brightening a boring sunday afternoon in which a friend of mine has wasted my timexxxx
Great hot body!>grinning smiley<

Date: March 8, 2015 15:12

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-08 15:15 by latebloomer.

Date: March 8, 2015 15:14

desertblues68
latebloomer
Sam4741

Thank for posting latebloomer this is brightening a boring sunday afternoon in which a friend of mine has wasted my timexxxx
Great hot body!>grinning smiley<

Sure, yeah desertblues...I think we should just keep reposting it today...it's making my morning much better too. smileys with beer

Date: March 8, 2015 15:26

smileys with beer My friend not coming latebloomer, so I can go out for a bit of retail theraphy cool smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2015 19:07

Now that's a worthwhile photo! Thanks for posting and reposting :E
Do you know who the photographer was, please and thank you?

Date: March 8, 2015 19:30

Do you know who the photographer was, please and thank you?

I don't know and I wish I did..would love to give credit to whomever took this beautiful photograph. I found it on my Facebook feed - the only info that came with it was "Goats Head Soup era."

Posted by: chop ()
Date: March 9, 2015 05:23

Keiths hair seem to have gotten curlier over time. Though now there's not much left. But it seemed poofy for a time

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home