Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Is this picture from the 1976 Stones at Knebworth
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: March 1, 2015 18:48

Paul & Linda with David Gilmore of Pink Floyd. Anyone know if this is the Stones 1976 Knebworth concert?

Re: Is this picture from the 1976 Stones at Knebworth
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 1, 2015 18:54

There are other published pictures of these guys at Knebworth looking the same so I'd say it's a pretty safe bet. peace

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 20:04

nice shirt paulo !

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: March 1, 2015 20:36

The Stones played late at night.
This foto might be afternoon. I don´t think it´s a flashlight.
So I guess, nothing to do with the stones. Nice picture anyway, never seen Gilmore and Macca together

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: March 1, 2015 20:52

deardoctor
Nice picture anyway, never seen Gilmore and Macca together

So you didn´t know this one? Even I heard of it grinning smiley

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: March 1, 2015 22:27

I love the "la la la la Lovely Linda" dragging on a cigarette. I'm sure Paul must've been pulling on something stronger from the look in his eyes.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: March 1, 2015 22:36

Linda, Gilmour and the guy nicknamed "Faul"

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 1, 2015 23:33

dmay
I love the "la la la la Lovely Linda" dragging on a cigarette. I'm sure Paul must've been pulling on something stronger from the look in his eyes.
Thaught she was a health freak ...... smoking.....

Date: March 1, 2015 23:51

mtaylor
dmay
Thaught she was a health freak ...... smoking.....

I think cigarettes were still good for you back in the 70's. peace

Date: March 2, 2015 00:10

Did Walmart have a run on this shirt?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2015 02:04

Loved the dazed look on Moonie...come to think of it, Gilmore looks a bit dazed as well.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 2, 2015 02:05

Paul and Linda sporting Mullets before they were called mullets. More amusing than most photos. As in, "Smile, you are on Candid Camera."

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: March 2, 2015 02:09

Hilarious! Okay, I'm not even going to go to the effort to Google it. But who was #56 on the Dallas Cowboys circa 1976? smiling smiley

EDIT: Sorry, had to look this up. And what a find! Number 56 in '76 was Hollywood Henderson. And what a life he ended up having!

Wikipedia entry on Hollywood Henderson

From the entry above:

"...However, Henderson's destructive lifestyle of drugs and alcohol began to catch up with him. During many games, he snorted liquid cocaine from an inhaler he hid in his pants..."

"In November 1983, Henderson was arrested for smoking cocaine with two teenage girls in California. He was accused of threatening them with a gun and sexually assaulting one of them. He claimed that he gave them drugs in exchange for consensual sex."

Henderson made the news again in 2000 by winning the Lotto Texas $28 million jackpot. When asked by the Dallas Morning News what he does every day having won the lottery, Henderson responded, "Not a damn thing, and I don't start that until after lunch."

Funny that both Gilmour and Moon took a shine to this guy early. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-02 02:21 by rocker1.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: March 2, 2015 03:08

Lynyrd Skynyrd played this show and bragged they blew The Stones away. Not sure but the concert is around and Skynyrd were on top of the game. From Gilmore's amused look it's a good bet. The original LS was especially entertaining for guitarists. As The Stones they played iconic 50's and 60's instruments with walls of amps maxed out. Zep played too but I think also at night but Paul is a big LZ fan and went to their shows, including O2. One of the most endearing thing about the Beatles they attended concerts, many times in costume, Lennon went to The Filmore East and watched The Allman Brothers joking he loved the sound of their "humdinger" pick-ups

Date: March 2, 2015 03:54

DoomandGloom
Lynyrd Skynyrd played this show and bragged they blew The Stones away. Not sure but the concert is around and Skynyrd were on top of the game. From Gilmore's amused look it's a good bet. The original LS was especially entertaining for guitarists. As The Stones they played iconic 50's and 60's instruments with walls of amps maxed out. Zep played too but I think also at night but Paul is a big LZ fan and went to their shows, including O2. One of the most endearing thing about the Beatles they attended concerts, many times in costume, Lennon went to The Filmore East and watched The Allman Brothers joking he loved the sound of their "humdinger" pick-ups

Yeah it looks like both Macca and Gilmore were fixated on stage right, different from the majority of on lookers. If it was Skynyrd on stage I'm guessing they were both watching Allen Collins rip it up with his humdinger pickups. smoking smiley peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 2, 2015 04:13

rocker1
Hilarious! Okay, I'm not even going to go to the effort to Google it. But who was #56 on the Dallas Cowboys circa 1976? smiling smiley

Moon looks much younger, I doubt his picture is from 1976. I bet it was just a random number that was printed on the shirt, and sold in Europe where no one has a clue about American Football.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2015 09:59

I was at the show. I'd say that this might well have been during the hottest part of the day which was when Lynyrd Skynyrd played - between 4pm and 6pm. What a show they gave.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 2, 2015 13:48

DoomandGloom
Zep played too but I think also at night but Paul is a big LZ fan and went to their shows, including O2.

Led Zeppelin definitely did not play Knebworth '76. They played there in '79 though.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 2, 2015 13:52

triceratops
Paul and Linda sporting Mullets before they were called mullets. More amusing than most photos. As in, "Smile, you are on Candid Camera."

Yeah, they were way ahead of most people mullet-wise back then. But Keith had the "original mullet" back in '69:

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 2, 2015 14:36

Naturalust
Yeah it looks like both Macca and Gilmore were fixated on stage right, different from the majority of on lookers.
If it was Skynyrd on stage I'm guessing they were both watching Allen Collins rip it up with his humdinger pickups. smoking smiley peace

Well but as previously noted this shot looks like daylight, and Skynard played at night, no?
Maybe they were riveted by the "naked hairy hippie" who did his thing in the afternoon: [www.ukrockfestivals.com]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 2, 2015 14:49

with sssoul
Naturalust
Yeah it looks like both Macca and Gilmore were fixated on stage right, different from the majority of on lookers.
If it was Skynyrd on stage I'm guessing they were both watching Allen Collins rip it up with his humdinger pickups. smoking smiley peace

Well but as previously noted this shot looks like daylight, and Skynard played at night, no?
Maybe they were riveted by the "naked hairy hippie" who did his thing in the afternoon: [www.ukrockfestivals.com]

Skynyrd played in the hottest part of the day - between 4pm and 6pm approx. Here's their last number that day, Free Bird.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 2, 2015 15:31

with sssoul
Naturalust

I was there too, of course SD is right, confirmed by the vid. It was daylight for another 2 - 3 hours after Skynyrd had finished.
10cc played the slot before the Stones, from daylight / night.......The Stones were the only band who had it dark all through their set......

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 2, 2015 15:50

Well okay but what about the fat hairy hippie?
(Wouldn't more people be riveted in the photo if someone was playing an outstanding set?)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 2, 2015 16:16

Speaking for myself at least, outstanding as they were (& the Stones) I wasn't able much to rivet - it may help if I explain the behaviour of the sheep in the surrounding fields - for days after, the farmers complained that when they sent the dogs in to round them up, the sheep just looked up and said "yeah, whatever...............smoking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 2, 2015 21:57

I was also there, what a day and night.

Lovely hot day.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 3, 2015 12:33

I was there too. Fantastic memories. My fourth Skynyrd gig (the first was supporting Golden Earring) and only my second Stones show. Both were great. Skynyrd got the sunshine. Stones got the darkness. 10CC in between was a serious error of judgement. And, no, Skynyrd didn't blow the Stones away. That's what they did to Golden Earring!

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 3, 2015 13:48

And I was there too... this thread is turning into a reunion thread lol. Photo is odd isn't it? To see clean living veggie Linda smoking a cigarette...and it certainly looks like a filter tip cig from what I can see.

Yes LS were good and played late afternoon. Long wait then 10cc who finished strongly with Rubber Bullets and I think I'm Not In Love which went down well with the (by now) stoned and drunk (or both) crowd.

Stones were probably not at their best but looking back this was a historic gig and I'm glad I was there. Me and my friends got back to Leicester about 6 in the morning after The Stones finished around 2.30 a.m. No curfew then!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 15:52

I got to about 50 yards from the stage < even with a sprained ankle > and it was dark, dangerous and magical.

Date: March 3, 2015 16:36

Silver Dagger
with sssoul
Naturalust

Skynyrd played in the hottest part of the day - between 4pm and 6pm approx. Here's their last number that day, Free Bird.

Thanks Silver Dagger. Nothing like being young, crazy and playing in a Rock&Roll band! And these guys were crazy...

Wish I could have seen the original band with Ronnie but did see them with his brother Johnny on vocals. Good but not the same...

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 3, 2015 19:29

thanks for the freebird vid
what a guitar playin' boy !
no easy for the next one to get on stage after this song.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home