Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

David Gilmore Got Vibrato Still
Posted by: OpenG ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:42

Wow David Gilmore's licks on Live 8 on comfortly numb were outerspace time searching feel good passages of escape and brought back memories of my big
brothers playing dark side over and over and not getting it for some time.

Re: David Gilmore Got Vibrato Still
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 5, 2005 15:26

Gilmore looks scary these days. Once he cut his hair his eyes have gotten this super piercing look about them. During the finale in "Hey Jude" Gilmore was positioned behind the group of little black kids. What an eerie grouping. How out of place did Gilmore look? And he knew it too. but he kept piercing around.

Date: July 5, 2005 15:29

Have You Seen Keith Lately Just Kidding LOL

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: July 5, 2005 15:32

Keith and Gilmore could duel. Just eye-fencing.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 6, 2005 20:19

Read on the Billboard website yesterday that there is a rumour Pink Floyd is being offered $200 million for a reunion tour but Gilmour declined!

Date: July 6, 2005 21:33

David Gilmore got integrity if thats true. Those acoustic licks he played on
wish you were here are timeless .

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 6, 2005 23:15

Also read that Pink Floyd Echoes had a sales increase of over 1000% the day after Live 8! I don't think it was selling huge so the actual numbers it sold may not have been that great.
Gilmour also said that he will donate his royalties from the increased sales of Floyd albums to the relief effort and he challenged all other Live 8 bands to do the same! He said the bands shouldn't benefit from their performances.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: July 7, 2005 03:40

A few days late posting this but yes Gilmour sounded great, he has not lost a thing with the guitar or much vocally either. I would love to see Floyd tour again with Waters and all but it seems they have had so many chances to do it and are just not that interested. Its too bad, would love to see them tour and do some different songs and songs they couldn't do without Waters. Would also love to hear them play some stuff from Atom Heart Mother, Obscured By Clouds or my favorite Echos. But chances of that every happening are slim.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1720
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home