Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Mick Taylor?
Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:45

TravelinMan
Raymond82
To me, this is kinda big news that he won't be back on the next run of shows. An explanation would be great because to me, he lit the whole thing up. Confused...

Why don't you ask your lawyer friend? You two seem to know more than us.

I've told you what I know...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:57

Basically, I don't think anyone cares except the most eager Taylorites. On the flipside they will be able to hear him perform more than two songs a night.
I do hope Taylor is reasonably well off after the 2012-14 tour though.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:07

Stoneage
Basically, I don't think anyone cares except the most eager Taylorites. On the flipside they will be able to hear him perform more than two songs a night.
I do hope Taylor is reasonably well off after the 2012-14 tour though.

Actually someone does care...They're called "Rolling Stones fans".

Date: February 16, 2015 19:23

Raymond82
Naturalust
It hasn't vanished. It's still here, on page 1 in fact.

[www.iorr.org]

peace

It's reappeared. That was most definitely not there.

My information is that a certain someones lawyer called Mick Taylor in person to tell him that he would not be on the forthcoming dates.That's all I'm willing to divulge and I've no reason to doubt the source.

---

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:27

Raymond82
Naturalust
It hasn't vanished. It's still here, on page 1 in fact.

[www.iorr.org]

peace

It's reappeared. That was most definitely not there.

My information is that a certain someones lawyer called Mick Taylor in person to tell him that he would not be on the forthcoming dates.That's all I'm willing to divulge and I've no reason to doubt the source.

there clearly is a conspiracy going on here. at least, that's what ancient alien theorists/certain someone's lawyer would have us believe.

maybe MT's being operated on in Roswell NM as we speak?!

Date: February 16, 2015 19:29

Sure, Tele. What I mean is that Taylor's contribution, or what he is allowed to contribute with, is so diminutive it's almost redundant for anyone except the most dedicated Taylorites. Do you follow me?

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:36

There are three people who have reported so far that MT will not be joining the tour this year.

If you know any or all of these, you know that they wouldn't repeat unreputable source info.
However, we won't know for sure, of course, either about the tour itself or MTs joining the band,
until later on.

As someone else said, most didn't report who their sources were in the past either. Otherwise,
they wouldn't have sources anymore.

To me, no MT would be a great loss, even for the two songs so or. Like others, I felt MT bolstered
the performance of the others, gave them a shot in the arm, so to speak. I know his absence
won't affect a whole lot of ticket-buyers, but it will influence some, however small a per centage.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 16, 2015 19:49

It is Fact. Just because someone does not reveal a souce does not make it false or speculation.
Those that care need to know this.
This can effect many Fans travel and purchaseing plans in a big way.
It sure does mine!

Date: February 16, 2015 19:58

Fredluvzstones
It is Fact. Just because someone does not reveal a souce does not make it false or speculation.
It sure does mine!

What is fact then? That the topic is being speculated?

It's not 'fact' until we hear it officially. Sorry, too many internet morons telling us AC/DC is over or Charlie Watts has died for us to take anything at face value.

Doesn't mean it isn't true, I realize that but doesn't mean it is true either.

And as an aside, why would MT not being on this tour have you not go to a show? Were you just sort of 'on the bubble' about going to a show, but MT playing on Midnight Rambler 'did it' for you?

Do you travel the world to take in MT shows? I don't see the logic.

Date: February 16, 2015 19:58

I don't think that the fact that Taylor is not on will affect the ticket sales at all. Taylorites maybe makes up one percent of the audience. If that one percent decides to stay home it won't ruin the ticket sales...

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:03

Frankly, if Gripweed or FredluvzStones makes such a statement about Mick, there's a good chance there's some kind of truth in it.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: February 16, 2015 20:30

treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
It sure does mine!

It's not 'fact' until we hear it officially. Sorry, too many internet morons telling us AC/DC is over or Charlie Watts has died for us to take anything at face value.

And as an aside, why would MT not being on this tour have you not go to a show? Were you just sort of 'on the bubble' about going to a show, but MT playing on Midnight Rambler 'did it' for you?

I did not say I would not attend a show. I said I may not attend multiple shows to hear the same War Horses over and over. MT added a thrill to these past shows for many of us that we had not been able to experience before. I Liked it too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-16 20:31 by Fredluvzstones.

Date: February 16, 2015 21:02

Fredluvzstones
treaclefingers
Fredluvzstones
It sure does mine!

I did not say I would not attend a show. I said I may not attend multiple shows to hear the same War Horses over and over. MT added a thrill to these past shows for many of us that we had not been able to experience before. I Liked it too!

Glad for you that you enjoyed it. Unless there was a change to the actual setlists/or MT on more songs, or both, I'm not sure where the additional thrill is coming from moving forward for you, if you don't like the same warhorses over and over.

That IS the template!

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:12

I WAS GLAD HE WAS BACK ,BUT HIS PLAYING DIDNT WOW ME..1973, IT AINT.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:13

Maybe Mick J feels Mick Taylor's presence has been played out. And with no intention to give him a bigger role, it's time to move on. I can see Mick J thinking that the new shows will have to have some 'new' feel to them, and maybe the presence of Mick Taylor would be too reminiscent of what they just accomplished. Maybe Mick J's had enough of the 50 and Counting theme. We'll be three years down the road from around the time they hit U.S. stages this summer. Of course they won't be selling anything new, just the same old warhorses, but they have to put some kind of new ribbon on the package.

Nostalgia is what they're giving, but they can't be too obvious about it. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they pull another Doom & Gloom/One More Shot single to promote the new shows.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:39

i don't think it affects the sales at all, but I feel pity for the markets who haven't yet been able to see Taylor with the Stones. If it is 'only' one "Midnight Rambler" with Taylor still is damn much for the people who has never had a chance to see it live before. We people who are spoiled with 'so many concerts any time and any where we can't recall' or who have followed the concerts via youtube might not always realize how unique that experience is for 'virgin' audience.

That's why I hope they will continue with this same concept in the next legs of this "5O AND COUNTING" tour... to give the same thrill and show in everywhere... Including the Taylor cameo, which is probably the most unique thing they can offer during this tour.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-16 21:40 by Doxa.

Date: February 16, 2015 21:54

Doxa
i don't think it affects the sales at all, but I feel pity for the markets who haven't yet been able to see Taylor with the Stones. If it is 'only' one "Midnight Rambler" with Taylor still is damn much for the people who has never had a chance to see it live before. We people who are spoiled with 'so many concerts any time and any where we can't recall' or who have followed the concerts via youtube might not always realize how unique that experience is for 'virgin' audience.

That's why I hope they will continue with this same concept in the next legs of this "5O AND COUNTING" tour... to give the same thrill and show in everywhere... Including the Taylor cameo, which is probably the most unique thing they can offer during this tour.

- Doxa

OK fair point, if you haven't seen him on the tour then it would definitely suck to have missed it. My preference is to keep him on but I totally get that they may drop him and move on.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 16, 2015 21:55

Surprised at the negativity here. I am not a "Taylorite", if that means I have to care about Taylor's solo performances, other projects, etc. However, I am a Rolling Stones fan, who feels that the era of Taylor in the band was perhaps their most fruitful and creative. Having him in the band, even in a limited role, would be the only reason I would shell out the bucks to see the Stones again in what is (let's face it) a re-hash of their biggest hits (many of which were recorded with Taylor). As has been stated many times, the band had a real chance to incorporate Taylor into the songs he put his signature on in the original versions. They have chosen not to do that. We can only specualte as to why.

Oh, and please don't respond that "he quit". I know.

Date: February 16, 2015 22:58

71Tele
Surprised at the negativity here. I am not a "Taylorite", if that means I have to care about Taylor's solo performances, other projects, etc. However, I am a Rolling Stones fan, who feels that the era of Taylor in the band was perhaps their most fruitful and creative. Having him in the band, even in a limited role, would be the only reason I would shell out the bucks to see the Stones again in what is (let's face it) a re-hash of their biggest hits (many of which were recorded with Taylor). As has been stated many times, the band had a real chance to incorporate Taylor into the songs he put his signature on in the original versions. They have chosen not to do that. We can only specualte as to why.

Oh, and please don't respond that "he quit". I know.

OK, thank you for saying that. So to clarify, are you saying you'd pay 'big bucks' for the opportunity of seeing MT play one song as has generally been the case through the tour (let's not discuss that acoustic bit at the end during Satisfaction, which is ridiculous)?

That I don't get. I do get spending the money because you love the band. I even get spending the money if you know MT will be playing a good portion of the show.

I don't get not wanting to see the band, unless MT is there playing one song.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 16, 2015 23:21

There is no official source behind this info. I know that some say so, but until there is an official statement I will close such rumour threads, simply because they go around and around without any base in facts.

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1731
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home