Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: No Mick Taylor for the next tour!
Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:40

Fredluvzstones
I wonder how many will limit the amount of shows they attend this time since Mick Taylor has not been invited to join them this time? I know he was the highlight for me and added a whole new level of excitement to the shows for me and most I spoke to. The exclusion will certainly limit how much of our hard earned money we spend on the high priced tickets, travel etc to see the same war horses again and again. MT added so much excitement, even limited to the 2 allotted songs he was delegated to. He could have been used so much better. I strongly feel he elevated the others performances too. This is not a good desicion on the RS part IMO.

As long as both the Stones and MT can live in peace with this desicion it's fine with me.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: February 15, 2015 13:45

...maybe MT will be replaced by Wayne Perkins.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: February 15, 2015 14:27

Let's face it - the whole "Taylor is back!" thing was never more than a bad joke anyway. It made sense only in financial terms, for Taylor himself, naturally, and probably for the Stones in helping them to sell some more overprized tickets - but artistically/creatively? Apart from some Sways and Knockings here and there, what's left? Midnight Rambler always sounded good without him already and the acoustic guitar on Satisfaction was not something that propelled their set into higher standards either. As the band was never willing or even able to shake up the arrangements of their usual setlist songs a bit, it is not surprising at all that for future shows, Taylor is not regarded as an "essential" addition to their stage act. But let's wait and see how things will finally turn out.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-15 14:31 by alimente.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: February 15, 2015 14:31

KRiffhard
...maybe MT will be replaced by Wayne Perkins.
Or Harvey Mandel?!

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:07

a sober rockin' Ronnie Woods is all the Stones need... ..MT is a nice guest spot, but not the main show.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:19

alimente
Let's face it - the whole "Taylor is back!" thing was never more than a bad joke anyway. It made sense only in financial terms, for Taylor himself, naturally, and probably for the Stones in helping them to sell some more overprized tickets - but artistically/creatively? Apart from some Sways and Knockings here and there, what's left? Midnight Rambler always sounded good without him already and the acoustic guitar on Satisfaction was not something that propelled their set into higher standards either. As the band was never willing or even able to shake up the arrangements of their usual setlist songs a bit, it is not surprising at all that for future shows, Taylor is not regarded as an "essential" addition to their stage act. But let's wait and see how things will finally turn out.

Yes...but the fact that it gave some Sways and Knockings and Ramblers was not why it was done. It was a solution for a situation that might occur as well as a nice thing to do (for MT | the RS | the press | the fans | etc) considering the anniversary. I don't think it helped sell some more overprized tickets - they would sell them anyhow because MT is not something the big audience is interested in so they would pay the prices with or without MT.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:24

Who said that Mick Taylor is not on the summer 2015 tour? Is there a published source?

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:38

bv
Who said that Mick Taylor is not on the summer 2015 tour? Is there a published source?

As soon as someone starts a thread saying MT is on the summer 2015 tour we start exchaning opinions about that. With or without a published source.
So when someone started this thread the same thing happened: people started to exchange opinions.
By the wy: since when does this board work with published sources?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 15, 2015 15:39

bv

No one, as far as anyone can tell, but the OP has said Mick Taylor will not be touring with the Stones this summer.
However, if you do a search, you will will find out that Mick Taylor is working on a new album, is being considered for TIME's person of the year, and has been voted the Sexiest Guitarist Alive. It's all on the internet, so it must be true. grinning smiley

Date: February 15, 2015 16:02

Dreamer
emotionalbarbecue
The problem: MIck and Keith chose/decided Taylor´s collaboration. So....a lot of people may miss him now.

If they hadn´t chosen Taylor we would not miss him now.

The glimmer twins put the candy in our mouth so they should not move it away...

Thank you: a very good explanation of why your name is emotionalbarbecue.

(I try to do my best with english but I think I do not get it this time....cool smiley

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: February 15, 2015 16:15

The op is trolling

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 15, 2015 16:45

Fredluvzstones
I wonder how many will limit the amount of shows they attend this time since Mick Taylor has not been invited to join them this time? I know he was the highlight for me and added a whole new level of excitement to the shows for me and most I spoke to. The exclusion will certainly limit how much of our hard earned money we spend on the high priced tickets, travel etc to see the same war horses again and again. MT added so much excitement, even limited to the 2 allotted songs he was delegated to. He could have been used so much better. I strongly feel he elevated the others performances too. This is not a good desicion on the RS part IMO.

This thread is absurd.. Quote your source... If if it's just out of thin air, then present it as a question ..
As for now, you create an unpleasant rumour...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 15, 2015 16:54

Bjornulf, please stop this thread if its not true, and then delete t.
jeroen

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:02

Dont know if its true, but I heard last year, that Mick Taylor was signed or on retainer or whatever through 2015...Plus if they are going to release a Deluxe Sticky Fingers this year like Ive heard talk of, I would think MT will be on tour with them..

Re: No Mick Taylor for the next tour ???
Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:40

I would advice people to wait and see. The Rolling Stones have been managing themselves as a band since 1962 and I am sure they can take care of themselves and their fans - us - in a great way this year too.

In four months we will see them on stage once more. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have signed a contract for some more great shows and I am looking forward to it just the same way I looked forward to my first Stones show ever back in 1973. Fourty two years on, they are still amazing on stage, based on experience from their past shows, including Auckland New Zealand Nov. 22, 2014.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: February 15, 2015 17:55

Fredluvzstones

Why anyone base their decision to go see the Stones on who plays of 2 songs..Its not much better then zero songs..

Its weird that we all know the Stones would put on a much better song if Taylor played the entire show, but for some reason that's to obvious for the Stones.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: February 15, 2015 19:28

bv

Who said that Mick Taylor is on the summer 2015 tour? Is there a published source?

It's all speculation (like must of the threads here) in one way or another, but people shouldn't be brushed off when they just ask simple question. No one did get hurt and no "secrets" were revealed, so no need in reacting so harsh.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: February 15, 2015 21:56

I am really confused. Is there a reason someone would post this without any validity? It is a disappointment to many fans that enjoy seeing Mick Taylor playing with the Stones again even if it's only 2-3 songs. I don't understand.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: February 15, 2015 22:13

I think this all started on Mick Taylor's Facebook page where he said he hadn't been invited to play on the Ronnie announced 2015 U.S. tour, my source tells me he will be there so we'll see...tour announcement should be soon.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 15, 2015 22:24

Is there a link that Mick Taylor comment?

Don't see anything on either of these MT Facebook pages, one of which purports to be "official".

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: February 15, 2015 22:25

Mr.D
I think this all started on Mick Taylor's Facebook page where he said he hadn't been invited to play on the Ronnie announced 2015 U.S. tour, my source tells me he will be there so we'll see...tour announcement should be soon.

There doesn't appear to be such a post on his Facebook page.

Date: February 15, 2015 22:42

joshbg2k
Mr.D

There doesn't appear to be such a post on his Facebook page.

Mick Taylor doesn't like Facebook, let alone write on it.

Mick Taylor?
Posted by: Raymond82 ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:06

I wondered why the Mick Taylor thread had vanished? To me, this is kinda big news that he won't be back on the next run of shows. An explanation would be great because to me, he lit the whole thing up. Confused...

Re: Mick Taylor?
Posted by: Nate ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:08

Maybe the fact that the thread has vanished is good news.

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:12

It wasn't "news". It was speculation misrepresented as fact.

Date: February 16, 2015 18:14

71Tele

I heard from a very reliable source that its fact...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:15

Raymond82
71Tele

I heard from a very reliable source that its fact...

What is your reliable information? And it was stated he hasn't been asked, not that we won't be asked.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:15

It hasn't vanished. It's still here, on page 1 in fact.

[www.iorr.org]

peace

Date: February 16, 2015 18:18

Naturalust
It hasn't vanished. It's still here, on page 1 in fact.

[www.iorr.org]

peace

It's reappeared. That was most definitely not there.

My information is that a certain someones lawyer called Mick Taylor in person to tell him that he would not be on the forthcoming dates.That's all I'm willing to divulge and I've no reason to doubt the source.

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: February 16, 2015 18:41

Raymond82
To me, this is kinda big news that he won't be back on the next run of shows. An explanation would be great because to me, he lit the whole thing up. Confused...

Why don't you ask your lawyer friend? You two seem to know more than us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-16 18:42 by TravelinMan.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home