Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! NO MICK AT LIVE *
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: July 4, 2005 12:36

Well, now this is age racist but what a hec:

I am glad that the 'boys' - none of them, or did Ronnie? - didn't show up. I just watched the last hours of the show and there was enough grey sixtysomethings already on the bill (at least in the part I saw). Yeah, seeing Pink Floyd with Rogers was 'historical', but all those Daltreys and Townshends and McCartneys... It is after all 2005 for god sake. Shouldn't there be some sort of museum for all these aging rockstars and legends? Robbie Williams was a gas, in contrast. I can understand why Mick Jagger respects him.

I'm sorry I missed Lisa. But what goes for having some ..hmm..extra weight.. I've heard that Mariah Carey had lost few pounds just for respect of this event and its cause.. What a big hearted person. She still looked fat I think. Bitch.

- Doxa

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: July 4, 2005 13:45

Doxa: "I've heard that Mariah Carey had lost few pounds just for respect of this event and its cause.. What a big hearted person. She still looked fat I think. Bitch."

--> HAHAHAHAA!!! Agree!

Posted by: Tom Petty ()
Date: July 4, 2005 13:59

so what the hell is Keiths problem anyway? - there was a time when he would gladly performat benefit gigs e.g. New Barbarians benefit for the blind in '78, oh but i forgot he had a vested interest there.

there's something cynical here in keith - surely to hell it wouldn't hurt someone like him to get with this and support it

rumour has it that he was petrified of running into Elton back stage, who apparently still has some unkind words to impart Keith's way and just hasn't got over the Dianna barb

I'm a necessary talent behind ev'ry rock and roll band
I'm sharp...

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: July 4, 2005 14:03

"Gazza wrote:

"yeah, apparently Mick was indeed attending a wedding in Yorkshire (its about 250 miles north of London). But he would have been aware of that commitment some time ago. No one goes to weddings for a godchild at the last minute!"

I posted here earlier that Mick attended the wedding and that it was "planned" in advance of the Live 8 event.

As for Lisa, I told y'all month's ago about her weight gain, "from Oprah's show," remember?

What a disgrace, if the Stones put her on Stage. Btw, a "hairdo" change at the beginning of the tour, this time around, won't take the attention off the fact that Lisa is over weight. All you have to do is look at a person's family/genetics to see how they will "more than likely" look later on in life. If the women in Lisa's family have a weight gain problem, as they progress in years, then she should do something to guard against it.

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 4, 2005 15:09

personally, it doesnt bother me if shes overweight or if shes a stick insect. She is a good singer. End of.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 4, 2005 18:00

I think the stones should play the tour like the press conf
wont happen but it should, the lisa and chuck thing is getting very very tired already, i mean u2 doesnt use all that back up crap, they do all the playing and singing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-04 19:44 by melillo.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: July 5, 2005 01:56

I have read somewher that U2 have backup musicians that do not appear on stage!

Can this be true?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: July 5, 2005 02:36

no i watch and listen carefull, you can tell the edge is doing all the guitar work

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1210
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home