Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT- The current Guns N Roses
Date: January 30, 2015 02:01

RollingFreak
He oddly enough never wears it in Sixx AM...[/quote

yeah thats the odd part. I saw him in a band before sixxam and he wore it

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 13, 2015 12:28

Duff says in his 2011 memoir of their last L.A. show opening for the Stones when Axl aired their dirty laundry on stage: "Afterward, and really for the remainder of our career, we just went our separate ways. That night officially rang the bell for the end of an era in GN'R."

On a lighter note, during sound check Mick pointed at Duff's cowboy boots. MICK: "You're going to slip on our stage. I've got some trainers. What size do you wear?"

DUFF: "Eleven."

MICK: "Me, too. We must have the same size willy."

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:07

I think that the new gnr in 2006 were better than now.

Rose had a fantastic voce during this tour.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 13, 2015 23:38

I think that the new gnr in 2006 were better than now

And the new GnR in 1987 was better than 2006. See a trend here? peace

Date: February 13, 2015 23:55

Naturalust
I think that the new gnr in 2006 were better than now

And the new GnR in 1987 was better than 2006. See a trend here? peace

Sure!
the original GnR in 1987 was better than 2006!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: February 14, 2015 05:34

Haven't read everything in this thread, but I loved this band up through Use Your Illusion. Then, after all of the band bs, IMO, they became Guns and Poses rather than Guns and Roses.

Date: February 14, 2015 06:21

Too many guitarists

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: February 15, 2015 23:20

the 2014 version rocks and rolls almost like the classic line up.And Axl has regained some form too.

Date: February 16, 2015 00:39

geordiestone
And Axl has regained some form too.

physical or musical? grinning smiley Actually what I'd like to see Axl gain is some manners and modesty. He lost me about 1989.......Maybe if they had some decent new music I'd be back, but playing mostly Slash era GnR they will always be a shadow of the past, imo. peace

Posted by: shack1 ()
Date: February 16, 2015 12:59

pepganzo
Duff has his project the loaded. He just replaced Tommy for some concerts in Argentina. I think that velvet revolver was a fantastic band better than the new gnr. The gnr had all the potentials to be one of the best band of all time. But they were just a good band with a good number of songs and with a good album.

Duff is actually in a band called Walking Papers who have been touring the self titled album on and off since 2012.

They've played numerous European festivals and have done a number of club shows in the UK, including legendary places such as Grimsby and Rugby smiling smiley!

The album is well worth checking out, it also features contributions from Mike McCready of Pearl Jam.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: February 16, 2015 13:22

I was never a GnR fan exactly, but what I did like about them was that they were a hard rock band that made it out of the 1980s on the strength of their songwriting and arrangements rather than narcissistic shredding. Slash's strength is not that he has dazzling technical chops on the guitar (although he does): it's that he's restrained and melodious. He comes from an earlier era when your musical roots counted for something and what you didn't play counted for as much as what you did. Same with Izzy, perforce. The whole band were serious students of the Stones, Zeppelin etc, and it showed in their playing. That is what the current lineup lacks.

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: February 17, 2015 09:12

Well said stone burst. They were a great live band back in the day u just never knew what was going to happen - some great tunes that still hold up today they were the stones of the late eighties.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 3, 2015 22:25

Stoneburst
...strength of their songwriting and arrangements rather than narcissistic shredding.

Interesting comment. Some guitar magazine asked guitar gods their favorite album. And most of the guitarists answered with albums by Yngwie Malmsteen and Jeff Beck and the like. But one guitarist (I forget who) said: "The Beatles WHITE ALBUM, because it reminds me how unimportant guitar gods really are."

Date: March 4, 2015 00:53

I just so happened to text a friend of mine a couple days ago, telling him that I had just witnessed the most unlikeable band ever. I loathe everything about them.
It's a parade of poses, Rockstar 101, those freakin clothes.These guys are all in their 50's. They have diluted a good tattoo too.
What happened to Tommy Stinson I do not know.
The crowd ws almost worse. I think I'd take a Dead crowd over that.

Date: March 4, 2015 01:23

Palace Revolution 2000
I just so happened to text a friend of mine a couple days ago, telling him that I had just witnessed the most unlikeable band ever. I loathe everything about them.
It's a parade of poses, Rockstar 101, those freakin clothes.These guys are all in their 50's. They have diluted a good tattoo too.

lmfao. Great description of the current line up. I am utterly surprised at their popularity. peace

Date: March 4, 2015 06:34

Palace Revolution 2000

1 guy is 42, 1 is 45 and 3 are around 48 so not sure how the entire bands is in their 50's?

Date: March 4, 2015 06:58

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000

1 guy is 42, 1 is 45 and 3 are around 48 so not sure how the entire bands is in their 50's?

He was counting miles in the equation...I think most of 'em have stayed up all night many times. Keith is about 90 I think.... smoking smiley

peace

Date: March 5, 2015 00:50

keefriffhard4life
Palace Revolution 2000

Okay, so only 3 are in their 50's. And 3 is 48. That isn't really the point. If I equated age with rockmanship or musicianship, I'd be a fool; and also not a Stonesfan winking smiley. Their moves, and clothes to me look ridiculous. And that's just a personal thing. And I want to say that I regard "Appetite" andf both "Illusions" as some highpoints in rockn roll.

Date: March 5, 2015 00:58

Their cover of SFTD that they released in 1994 is fantastic.
I love it like the original.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 5, 2015 03:14

pepganzo
Its one of the few covers that I thought failed. Not even really their fault. I just feel Sympathy is pretty uncoverable. I don't even think the Stones do it justice live for decades. Its just hard to capture that magic. But most Guns fans seem to love it too. I never had a fondness for it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 5, 2015 03:32

RollingFreak
pepganzo
Its one of the few covers that I thought failed. Not even really their fault. I just feel Sympathy is pretty uncoverable. I don't even think the Stones do it justice live for decades. Its just hard to capture that magic. But most Guns fans seem to love it too. I never had a fondness for it.

I like it, they made it their own. Doesn't hold a candle to the original but doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1968
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home