Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith twisting away
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 21, 2015 11:55

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Re: Keith twisting away
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 21, 2015 12:04

You sure this is Keith? Where and when is it from?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: January 21, 2015 12:38

Priceless if true. smoking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: January 21, 2015 12:39

Fantastic pic!thumbs up Thanks for posting. I think it's Keith - looks exactly like a youngster version of him - look at the ears!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: January 21, 2015 12:48

Ian Brown!!! Nah, it MUST be Keef!!!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2015 12:49

I don't reckon it's Keef ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:00

too short for Keith and looks too young, but sure looks like him at first glance

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:02

Found it here:
[www.facebook.com]

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: January 21, 2015 13:23

The Twist came to prominence c.1959 and lasted until c.1961. Chubby Checker had his huge worldwide hit Let's Twist Again in 1960.

There are several reasons I don't think it's Keith.

1. I really doubt if Keith would have worn this kind of clobber before joining the Stones. The guy dancing here looks about 16/17 years old.

2. I don't think Keith was ever much of a clubber/dancer. Too shy.

3. This guy is too short for Keith c. 59-61.

4. There's also something about the people in the photo that suggests this is America. It just doesn't look like England Keith first went to America in 1964 with the Stones.

Date: January 21, 2015 13:26

thecitadel
too short for Keith and looks too young, but sure looks like him at first glance

Keith was short & young once, just like all of us! This kid looks like Keith - I see nothing about him that doesn't resemble KR - there are no inconsistencies in terms of facial features & ears (IMO).BTW, no way is he 16-17 in this pic. More like 13 - and how do we know he's actually doing the twist?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 13:28 by Plink.

Date: January 21, 2015 13:31

Plink
thecitadel

Keith was short & young once, just like all of us! This kid looks like Keith - I see nothing about him that doesn't resemble KR - there are no inconsistencies in terms of facial features & ears (IMO).BTW, no way is he 16-17 in this pic. More like 13 - and how do we know he's actually doing the twist?

The twist didn't exist when Keith was 13.

But he could have been this short when he was 16 in 1959...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:32

I think Keith is more the type to sit with a cuppa tea and watch others dance.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:38

The only connection between the Stones and this pic is that it was taken by Philip Townsend: [www.philiptownsend.com]

Anyway, the kid sure looks a lot like Keith.

Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:52

Cristiano Radtke
The only connection between the Stones and this pic is that it was taken by Philip Townsend: [www.philiptownsend.com]

Anyway, the kid sure looks a lot like Keith.

thumbs up

Like, but not actually him.

Date: January 21, 2015 13:52

Silver Dagger

...2. I don't think Keith was ever much of a clubber/dancer. Too shy...

Too shy?
Check out his suave moves in this clip

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:54

Keith never sported a monobrow, as far as I know.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Gemini ()
Date: January 21, 2015 13:55

Plink
Silver Dagger

Too shy?

eye popping smiley

Looks like he is dancing with Brian.

Date: January 21, 2015 14:03

Plink
Silver Dagger

Too shy?

Ah, but these were the Anita years and we all know what went on then. Free your mind and your ass will follow! winking smiley

Date: January 21, 2015 14:04

Gemini

His partner is Anita! BTW, here's further evidence of Keith's movin' & groovin' ways:

Jan 27, 2014
Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones was spotted in a NYC jazz club dancing.

Perhaps the last place you’d expect to see Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards dancing would be at a jazz and swing club.

But he was at Swing 46 in Hell’s Kitchen on Saturday night, dancing to the band Swingadelic.

Witnesses said the reformed hell raiser was spotted at a back table with a group of friends, before getting on the dance floor and “swaying his hips.”

He even happily posed for pictures with fans on the way out.

Date: January 21, 2015 14:06

Silver Dagger
Ah, but these were the Anita years and we all know what went on then. Free your mind and your ass will follow! winking smiley

Well, looks like he's still moving his ass all these years later - see above cool smiley

Date: January 21, 2015 15:24

Plink
Silver Dagger

Well, looks like he's still moving his ass all these years later - see above cool smiley

It's a swinging scene! It must be all those years of watching Mick shake his booty on stage. Just goes to show, you're never told out to hit the dance floor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 16:05 by Silver Dagger.

Date: January 21, 2015 15:27

Plink
Gemini

His partner is Anita! BTW, here's further evidence of Keith's movin' & groovin' ways:

Jan 27, 2014

Perhaps the last place you’d expect to see Rolling Stones legend Keith Richards dancing would be at a jazz and swing club.

But he was at Swing 46 in Hell’s Kitchen on Saturday night, dancing to the band Swingadelic.

Witnesses said the reformed hell raiser was spotted at a back table with a group of friends, before getting on the dance floor and “swaying his hips.”

But she looks indeed like Brian in that clip grinning smiley

Date: January 21, 2015 15:45

DandelionPowderman
Plink
Gemini

Jan 27, 2014

But she looks indeed like Brian in that clip grinning smiley

It's Brian with a wig. Did you never hear that story of when Brian and Phil May of The Pretty Things met up with Rudy Nuryev and Judy Garland. Ooh la la! eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 16:06 by Silver Dagger.

Date: January 21, 2015 15:47

DandelionPowderman
...she looks indeed like Brian in that clip grinning smiley

She sure does! And in these, too:

Date: January 21, 2015 15:52

Silver Dagger
It's Brian with a wig. Did you never hearthat story of when Brian and Phil May of The Pretty Things met up with Rudy Nuryev and Judy Garland. Ooh la la! eye popping smiley

Never heard the Brian, Phil, Rudy & Judy - pretty please, DO TELL!!

BTW, Geraldo Rivera once said that Nureyev and Mick had their eye on him for the 3rd in a menage a trois hommes eye popping smiley

Date: January 21, 2015 16:14

Plink
Silver Dagger
It's Brian with a wig. Did you never hearthat story of when Brian and Phil May of The Pretty Things met up with Rudy Nuryev and Judy Garland. Ooh la la! eye popping smiley

Never heard the Brian, Phil, Rudy & Judy - pretty please, DO TELL!!

BTW, Geraldo Rivera once said that Nureyev and Mick had their eye on him for the 3rd in a menage a trois hommes eye popping smiley

I couldn't possibly on this site. Phil May is still alive. But you're definitely in the right kind of night club with the other reference! Actually, from memory, it was back at Judy's hotel room. Probably the Dorchester after her show at the London Palladium January 1969. And the story is that one and all were well over the rainbow. >grinning smiley<

Date: January 21, 2015 16:21

Sorry Plink, I got it wrong. It was the other major male ballet dancer star of the time - Mikhail Baryshnikov.

This is from [www.findadeath.com]

Phil was Brian Jones' flat mate in London in the mid 1960s. Their flat was right around the corner from Judy Garland's. Judy was very friendly with them, and used to drop by and party with the boys. Phil said Judy used to break into their flat all the time, and steal their booze and drugs. On one occasion, after a night out on the town, Phil and Brian returned to their flat to find a very naked, passed out Judy Garland. They wrapped her in a blanket and let her sleep it off. The next day, when Judy awoke, she thanked the boys for looking after her, and promised them a night on the town and that she would bring a friend along, kind of a double date. Phil said that they were kind of anxious to see the other woman Judy was going to bring along. They heard her coming up to the door, and were looking out the window to see who the other woman was, but they couldn't tell. So the big moment arrived, and the doorbell rang. Phil and Brian were stunned when Judy appeared, not with another woman but with Mikhail Baryshnikov. I asked Phil who ended up with who? He just replied, we didn't end up with either of them, but we had a great night on the town.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 21, 2015 17:30

It´s not Keith to me.

Looks more like a young Marlon (can´t be, I know)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: January 21, 2015 17:52

Great! Go Keith, go!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 21, 2015 18:07

No, sorry...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home