Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Perfection!
Date: January 8, 2015 02:26

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Don't turn this into something it's not, Doxa, please. I just wanted to show some love for one of my favourite live tracks. I hope you like it, too.

Well, I love it - but not only for Wood's contribution...

- Doxa

Same here, like I said in my first post. My Taylor comment was a direct response to Naturalust's speculation of how much better it would sound with Taylor.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 8, 2015 04:06

DandelionPowderman

It's the same thing when people don't see the light with Taylor's playing on Sway or I'm Free.

Taylor played on I'm Free? I presume you mean a live cut of it.....where can I hear that?

Thanks.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2015 04:14

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman

It's the same thing when people don't see the light with Taylor's playing on Sway or I'm Free.

Taylor played on I'm Free? I presume you mean a live cut of it.....where can I hear that?

Thanks.

Check Track Talk of "Sway", last pages, several clips there.

- Doxa

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 8, 2015 04:18

Doxa
bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman

Thanks.

Check Track Talk of "Sway", last pages, several clips there.

- Doxa

Champion.....many thanks

Date: January 8, 2015 09:50

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman

Thanks.

It's your lucky day! Many versions from the 69 tour were recently posted in the Sway-thread thumbs up

EDIT: Ah, Doxa beat me to it! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-08 09:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 8, 2015 12:26

dcba
Lots of noise and so little music... but that's how they were in 78!
I'll take the 1981 sophisticated arrangement over the one played in 78.

Otoh just the sight of a healthy animated alive Keef must have filled fans with joy back then. So... let's rejoice!

And honestly I don't think Fort Worth was the best show of the tour. Bqck in 96 when the TSP boot came out that show already kinda bored me. It's so stiff...
Alas apart from Detroit thumbs up the real kick-ass shows of 78 only exist in poor aud quality.

This is interesting! For me, there is music all along. Brilliant dynamics, as well as a very interesting AND musical interplay between the guitars in the last half of the song, underlining the song's crescendo.

Add Mick's brilliant singing, Bill's subtle, but driving bass and Charlie's drumming to the mix + the brilliant backing vocals from Ronnie, Keith and Mac, of course.

Little music? Nope, not at all. Imagination has melody through and through, is hummable and has a great chorus. What more do we need?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-08 12:29 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: January 8, 2015 12:34

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Fair enough, my friend. However, Ronnie's playing on Imagination is exactly what many fans dig about the track, hence the eyerolling smiling smiley

So this thread is basically a (Woodist) reaction to recent appraisal of Taylor in "Sway" thread?grinning smiley

I guess those "many fans" do think that it is Ronnie's contribution which "makes the song"..winking smiley

- Doxa

Couldn't let this one pass. No one thinks Ronnie's contribution alone makes this song. It is the real interplay between Keith and Ronnie that elevates an already great song to new heights.

Many don't see the value of what is happening after the 5:15 mark, but I sure treasure it. It's perhaps one of the best examples of weaving I've ever heard.

Others like one guy hammering out and A and D, while the other solo on top of that. I like licks flying back and forth from both - and this time they hit the nail on the head, imo. It suits this song in particular very well.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 8, 2015 13:00

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Fair enough, my friend. However, Ronnie's playing on Imagination is exactly what many fans dig about the track, hence the eyerolling smiling smiley

So this thread is basically a (Woodist) reaction to recent appraisal of Taylor in "Sway" thread?grinning smiley

I guess those "many fans" do think that it is Ronnie's contribution which "makes the song"..winking smiley

- Doxa

Couldn't let this one pass. No one thinks Ronnie's contribution alone makes this song. It is the real interplay between Keith and Ronnie that elevates an already great song to new heights.

Many don't see the value of what is happening after the 5:15 mark, but I sure treasure it. It's perhaps one of the best examples of weaving I've ever heard.

Others like one guy hammering out and A and D, while the other solo on top of that. I like licks flying back and forth from both - and this time they hit the nail on the head, imo. It suits this song in particular very well.

I wholeheartidly agree with you - weaving, 'Ronnie-era' Stones at its supreme best, all the cylinders on. Simply brilliant.

But - here comes the butgrinning smiley - when you said "Ronnie's playing on Imagination is exactly what many fans dig about the track" is about equal to say as someone said in "Sway" thread about Taylor "making the song" ("I'm Free"). Besides, I don't think there are - in reality - so many Rolling Stones fans who actually are thinking so. It is the whole band effort that fascinates most of us, starting from you and I....

I guess we are done this subject, Dandie my friend? smileys with beer

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-08 13:00 by Doxa.

Date: January 8, 2015 13:27

What I meant was that without Ronnie's contribution, a piece of the puzzle would be sorely missing - and the result would be a way inferior song, like many others think with Taylor and I'm Free.

Eleanor Rigby said it best: "Without Taylor's solo guitar, the song is a long piss-break".

I think the comparison is valid, but for different reason. I might have been a bit unclear, though.

Done indeed smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-08 13:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 8, 2015 14:20

Fantastic version DP! thumbs up

Here's some more perfection for ya:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1263
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home